• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

:ross:

I paid and voted for Corbyn. Him being leader of the opposition is the best thing that could happen to this country - it will ensure the economy continues to get repaired for at least 10 years.

Well done for voting for Corbyn, but you needn't have bothered, Scara. He won by miles, it wouldn't have made any difference to the result if 10,000 Tories had voted for or against him.

Well done for voting for Corbyn, but you needn't have bothered, Scara. He won by miles, it wouldn't have made any difference to the result if 10,000 Tories had voted for or against him.
Same with any GE - my individual vote does nothing but it matters to do so.

:ross:

I paid and voted for Corbyn. Him being leader of the opposition is the best thing that could happen to this country - it will ensure the economy continues to get repaired for at least 10 years.

I think that it is risky making long term predictions in politics.

I think that it is risky making long term predictions in politics.
Unfortunately Labour will probably kick comrade Corbyn out before the GE.

If he stays as leader of the party, another Conservative win is a fairly safe bet, even this far out.

Unfortunately Labour will probably kick comrade Corbyn out before the GE.

If he stays as leader of the party, another Conservative win is a fairly safe bet

I would expect the Tories to beat an Corbyn Labour party at an GE too but there is quite a lot of time to go before then. Poor mayoral, Scottish and local election results for Labour next year could do him, although Labour are far less ruthless at getting rid of leaders than the Conservatives.

If Corbyn was deposed, it could be a cleansing process with a load of the hard left defecting to the Greens, in a similar way to the Tories looking more electable after losing some of their nutjobs to UKIP. A centralist Labour party led by someone like Dan Jarvis against an Osbourne led Conservatives would be a different prospect at the next GE.

I bet that Cameron regrets introducing fixed term parliaments now because they would be looking at going early and securing a workable majority without it.

It isn't about Corbyn persay, it is about far left and far right parties never having a real place in politics in times of stability because they want to bring about radical change. When things are working reasonably well then who wants huge change.

Now if the Tories really do wreck the NHS and hurt working class families then who knows but really we need a more progressive, closer to centre Labour to put any dents in the Tory machine as it is.

I think Corbyn is being very underestimated by you guys.

It isn't about Corbyn persay, it is about far left and far right parties never having a real place in politics in times of stability because they want to bring about radical change. When things are working reasonably well then who wants huge change.

Now if the Tories really do wreck the NHS and hurt working class families then who knows but really we need a more progressive, closer to centre Labour to put any dents in the Tory machine as it is.

As LS said - the country would have to be in a terrible state for people to start voting to the extremes. Look at UKIP (significantly less right wing than Corbyn is left) - they get a lot of support when it doesn't matter, but when it comes down to who the electorate wants to run the country they get sidelined.

I think Corbyn is fighting a fight that no longer exists. We're not sending kids up chimneys any more, we've "technologied" most of the bricktiest jobs that needed protecting, when unions are striking because their £50K/annum employees don't earn enough the whole thing is my favourite buttplug. Corbyn's world doesn't exist nowadays - it hasn't existed for over 40 years.

I nearly clicked like, but I wouldn't want anyone thinking I wanted any dent, your points are totally correct though

the best thing for this country has always been a Tory government with a strong labour opposition

I nearly clicked like, but I wouldn't want anyone thinking I wanted any dent, your points are totally correct though

the best thing for this country has always been a Tory government with a strong labour opposition

Do you remmember the eighties and nineties 14% mortgage rates!!

I know we're you are going with this, but Cameron and Osborn are just weak due to the strength of the Tory party backbenchers and grandees, there in, and the huge amount of money they control in the city. I liked the look of a coalition with two of the major party's and a strong opposition. Wanted Clegg to be involved in the governing process. I'm a big fan of coalitions. Lab Lib would have been my choice.

Do you remmember the eighties and nineties 14% mortgage rates!!

I know we're you are going with this, but Cameron and Osborn are just weak due to the strength of the Tory party backbenchers and grandees, there in, and the huge amount of money they control in the city. I liked the look of a coalition with two of the major party's and a strong opposition. Wanted Clegg to be involved in the governing process. I'm a big fan of coalitions. Lab Lib would have been my choice.
That would likely have meant the end of our economy's recovery. In the cold light of hindsight surely even the most ardent panda lover must realise what a mess any government led by Ed "Should have been his brother" Miliband would have been.

I disagree. Governments of whatever colour run out of steam and it is virtually impossible to refresh in government. Added to that, being in government requires you to make unpopular decisions that mean that over time you shed support (and the odd MP will get caught with their pants down/hand in the till). The only answer to this is a spell in opposition where the next generation can come through and some new ideas formulated.

Mark Serwotka said:
You have to pinch yourselves that a Labour leader is saying things that all of us agree with.

If we are going to see any of those policies realised, we will not get that just through what Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party do in Parliament. If Jeremy Corbyn wants to win on those policies, he absolutely needs a mass vibrant movement in the country… He needs the six-and-a-half million trade union members to ensure that we have that vibrant campaign through strikes, demonstrations, local campaigns, occupations and everything else.

We have the ability to stop austerity in its tracks, to topple this government and to ensure we get a fairer society.”

Yay democracy! Anyone think Corbyn will speak out against this anti-democratic movement or is democracy only important when it works in his favour?

I disagree. Governments of whatever colour run out of steam and it is virtually impossible to refresh in government. Added to that, being in government requires you to make unpopular decisions that mean that over time you shed support (and the odd MP will get caught with their pants down/hand in the till). The only answer to this is a spell in opposition where the next generation can come through and some new ideas formulated.

that depends on how people look at things, a change may fudge you over but be better for more people overall

that depends on how people look at things, a change may fudge you over but be better for more people overall

Fag end governments are a disaster. They cannot get anything done and spend far too much time chasing populist headlines.

So the Germans are closing the border with Austria.
Just few weeks after they declared open border policy and criticized our country and the rest of V4.

That would likely have meant the end of our economy's recovery. In the cold light of hindsight surely even the most ardent panda lover must realise what a mess any government led by Ed "Should have been his brother" Miliband would have been.

We will agree to disagree.

This guy seems bonkers

I know people might underplay the importance of appearance but I actually think its massive in politics. You have to believe who your being talk to by, I know Ed fell short on a number of things but he also failed hugely on not being a leader of men, which is what this guy fails on, something Blair and Cameron nail every time.

Labour have made a very very bad move here

Fag end governments are a disaster. They cannot get anything done and spend far too much time chasing populist headlines.

This to me describes the current setup. This current government is in on the back of a 'global' economic meltdown in 2008 originating in the banking or to be more specific mortgage sectors in the US and no other reason. As current events are proving they are running scared of a poor headline. Cameron is totally media driven.

Last edited:
Back