• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Yup. Sounds like a brick show.
That's the best available and is good for no.one.
Time to turn the narrative to the benefits of remaining Vs WTO.

So no big suprises. I don't understand free movement in the agreement. Has it been kicked down the road?

People playing chess with this, trying to track the moves (and the world chess championship is in London appropriately, need to find the chess thread) saying the first vote in parliment on the agreement might lose. Then the markets crash, billions wiped off UK businesses and our currency, and as a result it could get voted through at the second vote?

I hope not, as that would seal a Brexit by defult. Arrived at by proxy, not by will. A Brexit no one wanted. A kind of political tragedy. But I don't think that will happen.

This country is crying out for someone like Blair right now. Loath him or love him, you must admit, we need a leader who can design and follow a viable path out of this mess.

So no big suprises. I don't understand free movement in the agreement. Has it been kicked down the road?

People playing chess with this, trying to track the moves (and the world chess championship is in London appropriately, need to find the chess thread) saying the first vote in parliment on the agreement might lose. Then the markets crash, billions wiped off UK businesses and our currency, and as a result it could get voted through at the second vote?

I hope not, as that would seal a Brexit by defult. Arrived at by proxy, not by will. A Brexit no one wanted. A kind of political tragedy. But I don't think that will happen.

This country is crying out for someone like Blair right now. Loath him or love him, you must admit, we need a leader who can design and follow a viable path out of this mess.

Not Blair. That guy would turn me into a Brexiteer.

Worse than this gal?

bob-cartoon-29062018_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqiUuvBizZT2q34Osm0tNw86nurJycJ7-Mc9_VAPSViI.jpg

His politics turned a lot of people into Brexiters. But centrists will act like it's the 90s still, and all we need is a guy in a nice suit who is "sensible." There is a connection from Bill Clinton to Trump and from Blair to Brexit and there is no re-setting the clock. These same people. who never saw Corbyn taking over the Labour Party, never saw Brexit as a possibility and never thought Trump would be President now have all the answers -- except that they don't.

My reading of it is actually that FoM has gone. It's the one concession May has got. It's basically EEA without FoM. Which basically the remainers should love

For people more idealistic (from both left and right), it's the 'level playing field' binds that are an absolute killer.

My reading of it is actually that FoM has gone. It's the one concession May has got. It's basically EEA without FoM. Which basically the remainers should love

For people more idealistic (from both left and right), it's the 'level playing field' binds that are an absolute killer.

It's not EEA because it doesn't cover services.

His politics turned a lot of people into Brexiters. But centrists will act like it's the 90s still, and all we need is a guy in a nice suit who is "sensible." There is a connection from Bill Clinton to Trump and from Blair to Brexit and there is no re-setting the clock. These same people. who never saw Corbyn taking over the Labour Party, never saw Brexit as a possibility and never thought Trump would be President now have all the answers -- except that they don't.

Most of the world is rebelling against globalism.

The key is directing that rejection towards society-focused localism, rather than identity-focused populism.

It’s gone in the transition period? But will it come back in the next trade agreement?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It's not his work though. He was just being played, while May and Robbins did their thing. Same as Davies before him.

I know that’s what they all say. I don’t buy that. Both Davies and Raab has the chance to deliver something but failed. Then foreseeing all the compromises made, and how it would not be Brexit as promised, who’d wish to stick around and be the guy that delivered a poor deal?

I don’t think it is a poor deal. It’s the best we could have possibly hoped for. In a negotiating sense it’s a decent deal. A ‘cake and eat it’ deal would have brought down the EU - it was never on the cards. Yet this isn’t a good outcome for the uk. It was never going to be.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back