• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

What was Cameron doing meeting the heads of facebook and twitter just before the vote and extending the time people could sign up and vote because of a late surge in teeny voters encouraged by facebook stories.

That was the prime minister and leader of remain breaking a deadline and extending it because of a meeting with private companies which would be worth more then money can buy.

But despite that snd project fear which is still going on. He still lost.

Extension of the vote would have been of equal benifit to both positions if viewed in isolation.

If you are saying that Facebook or Twitter as organistions actively tried to help remain I would like to see some evidence of it.

How true is this? Like in terms of the specifics. If it is as you present then surely it’s as much of a scandal as what the Guardian are reporting on?

It was widely reported at the time even on far left news outlets like the BBC. Cameron was having meetings at number 10 with facebook and twitter bosses, I remember seeing them walking out of number 10 on the reports.

The late surge in people signing up to vote was encouraged by these guys. Remember reading an article where one of them said it was the most important vote in our life times. I thought it was over stating it a bit because it was just about leaving a corrupt trading block.

Everyone knows that facebook is aimed at younger people so these new media platforms got to the youth vote who were obviously previously not that concerned or they would have been on the electrol roll.

I dare so if you go back in this thread you will see me and others commenting on it. It made the result closer then it would have been had project fear not used social media to get the youth out.

Did vote leave break rules? i dont know. But it is politics so i would guess yes.

Vote remain used social media to extend the deadline to sign up to vote, that is much a fact as the sun rising in the morning.

It was widely reported at the time even on far left news outlets like the BBC. Cameron was having meetings at number 10 with facebook and twitter bosses, I remember seeing them walking out of number 10 on the reports.

The late surge in people signing up to vote was encouraged by these guys. Remember reading an article where one of them said it was the most important vote in our life times. I thought it was over stating it a bit because it was just about leaving a corrupt trading block.

Everyone knows that facebook is aimed at younger people so these new media platforms got to the youth vote who were obviously previously not that concerned or they would have been on the electrol roll.

I dare so if you go back in this thread you will see me and others commenting on it. It made the result closer then it would have been had project fear not used social media to get the youth out.

Did vote leave break rules? i dont know. But it is politics so i would guess yes.

Vote remain used social media to extend the deadline to sign up to vote, that is much a fact as the sun rising in the morning.

The BBC isn't far left. I don't even think it's left-wing. Most of it's political presenters/editors are Tories, ones who leave go and work for the Tory party.

You might have some list of Labour MPs connected to the BBC somehow but I'll bet if you go through them, they are Blairites aka not really left-wing at all.

The BBC is establishment. They palpably hate Corbyn's Labour and they hate anything that doesn't toe the establishment line.

I wish the BBC was far-left.

I can see another referendum coming out of it

I can’t.

Leave voters won’t buy into the idea that they were brainwashed or manipulated. Nor will they give a brick about funding irregularities.

It’s going to sink a few careers and it’s going to change electoral communications regulation, but the best we can hope for on Brexit is BINO or long grass.

I was wrong about Brexit, Trump and Corbyn; none of them, I said confidently, would ever come to pass. I was very worried when Soldado wasn't replaced with an expensive striker and our only prospect was that Harry Kane kid, last seen at Millwall. Even professionally, as a technology analyst and commentator, almost all of my predictions have been horribly wrong.

They do seem to be taking this Wylie chap seriously in the select committee. Four hours. Please, please, let the above be another of my wild misreadings.

I was wrong about Brexit, Trump and Corbyn; none of them, I said confidently, would ever come to pass. I was very worried when Soldado wasn't replaced with an expensive striker and our only prospect was that Harry Kane kid, last seen at Millwall. Even professionally, as a technology analyst and commentator, almost all of my predictions have been horribly wrong.

You're basically f.cking useless :);)

Anyone excited by Brexit!? A year away!!! Liberation!? What are we expecting to see different this time next year?

what does sovereignty taste like?

I think I'm getting it in the back of my throat already
BKVknl2CMAAnlLv.jpg

So despite a few misgivings about Corby not least the thought that like a lot of lefties he seems to hate the Jews. I am voting for him at the next election and here is why.

Figures out today showing that the right to buy that the tories brought back saying all money used would go to building more council houses is a lie. For every 4 houses purchased on right to buy they have been replaced by one new council house(guess the government are using the money for other things)

Also unhappy that we have allowed a British company come in and be brought by asset strippers, GKN both these things rightly or wrongly I think will be less likely to happen under a Corbyn government.

Back