• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

I was challenging a statement, not giving an immediate counter argument.
Asking what qualifies someone to make a statement is a perfectly reasonable position, irrespective of any other factors.

I'm not picking an argument with you or critising your posts, as someone not in a position to judge which side of the debate to fall on without knowing what experience or qualifications each side is basing their case on it is helpful to know.

I can see another referendum coming out of it

I can’t.

Leave voters won’t buy into the idea that they were brainwashed or manipulated. Nor will they give a brick about funding irregularities.

It’s going to sink a few careers and it’s going to change electoral communications regulation, but the best we can hope for on Brexit is BINO or long grass.

I can see another referendum coming out of it

Meanwhile, outside the bubble (though this is actually in bubble central - Hampstead)

DXxGpPZWsAAU7X1.jpg

Even moreso after today.
Thats why I think a step to the right would be good for labour. Otherwise we'll be stuck in a timewarp.

Personally I completely agree with you, but I don't see it happening. It was the lurch further left that produced Labours bounce at the 2017 election.

My suspicion however (I said so at the time), is that the 2017 result was actually a high water mark for this version of Labour. I don't think they can win over a large enough proportion of the electorate from their current position (and certainly not with their current leadership) and therefore to become truly electable would to me, contrary to the logic suggested by their recent progress, require a move in the direction you propose.

Personally I completely agree with you, but I don't see it happening. It was the lurch further left that produced Labours bounce at the 2017 election.

My suspicion however (I said so at the time), is that the 2017 result was actually a high water mark for this version of Labour. I don't think they can win over a large enough proportion of the electorate from their current position (and certainly not with their current leadership) and therefore to become truly electable would to me, contrary to the logic suggested by their recent progress, require a move in the direction you propose.

If only there was some kind of electoral strategy company they could call on....

What was Cameron doing meeting the heads of facebook and twitter just before the vote and extending the time people could sign up and vote because of a late surge in teeny voters encouraged by facebook stories.

That was the prime minister and leader of remain breaking a deadline and extending it because of a meeting with private companies which would be worth more then money can buy.

But despite that snd project fear which is still going on. He still lost.

While the funding dodgyness and FB big data stories are not that seismic in isolation, what starts to become clear is that Brexit was orchestrated. Some extremely rich people worked with whoever they could, saying whatever they liked, to get a result. They were the underdogs after all, battling to get a result few thought possible.

I think we can be sure that the official electoral spending figures for Leave are nowhere near what was really spent. The likes of Aaron Banks, using offshore accounts paying other elite establishment types like Nix into their Swiss accounts etc. Even Steve Banon in the US is said to have funded Cambridge Analytica - a flagrant abuse of our democratic rules that precludes non-Brits funding UK democratic campaigns.

The media has banged on about Russia and loves to see the 'other' meddling, when it looks like most of the subterfuge came from the conservative right wing elite in the UK, using CA, who no doubt made millions via their various holding companies. On top of that, a US millionaire, Trumps right hand man, testing out populism on the UK and meddled. This was posted in this thread month and month ago. The media love to blame Putin though.

Now...this is the interesting bit...are these stories building in the media because the government itself (and/or elements of the establishment) need an escape route? Has it become clear that Brexit is loose-loose, and the only way to save face is to undermine the result? Get a little dirt out...the PMs right hand man and his lover step forward with info...someone tells a journalist how to sting the firm who were the brains and mastermind of Brexit...tip off a journalist on a recently disgruntled CA employee who worked on the Brexit brief...get a CA analysist to step forward on how it was done. Simply a coincidence that this has all come out at the same time?

Those images of refugees queueing up, and the millions we'd give to the NHS - do they have Cambridge Analytica's DNA on them too? Its the kind of imagery they would use, and know to be effective, and CA is very much part of the Conservative establishment. Not so hard to share some ideas around. Aaron Banks in his book talks candidly about how they analysed voters and came to the conclusion that the campaign had to be about immigration etc simply anything other than the economy. If it was about the economic impact they would lose. UKIP were not capable of that analysis themselves, and I think Banks is even up front in saying this position was based on research carried out. We'll never know how much was thrown at this once in a lifetime chance by some like Aaron Banks, but we can be sure it was more than was on the books.

CA genius was they remain undetected in the shadows. They give all the credit for their work to the winning parties, and take no responsibility. With such anonymity, they can also use any means necessary without accountability and with no comeuppance. Until now. In an ironic twist I have a feeling that they are now themselves being used. As the fall guy, as a means to start to exit the exit. Would it surprise you if they were even in on it?

Last edited:
What was Cameron doing meeting the heads of facebook and twitter just before the vote and extending the time people could sign up and vote because of a late surge in teeny voters encouraged by facebook stories.

That was the prime minister and leader of remain breaking a deadline and extending it because of a meeting with private companies which would be worth more then money can buy.

But despite that snd project fear which is still going on. He still lost.

How true is this? Like in terms of the specifics. If it is as you present then surely it’s as much of a scandal as what the Guardian are reporting on?

I said at the time that Brexit was the green light test for Trump (via Bannon) to take charge of idiots via twitter blasts.

Back