• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Everyone knew what they we voting for. A future determined by elected representatives in Westminster, rather than bankers in Frankfurt and bureaucrats in Brussels. Re-enfranchisement. That's the fundamental of Brexit.

Concerns about immigration or the over-mighty interests of big business etc. are just symptoms of that.

The vision is simply - we will retrieve the power to decide our future again

I can agree that some (not everyone) knew what they were voting in favour of.

What I don't believe though is that people knew what that *meant*... heck, we still don't!

No-one actually knows what leaving will mean, or how damn complex it is to accomplish.

I do think there's an important distinction between knowing what people voted for, and knowing what that actually entails.

We may see slide back to Basque like terrorism but cant see this going through in the near term - might is right in internation.

I don't think the world will stand by and watch another Prague Spring or what the Serbs did to try and keep Yugoslavia together. The genie is well out of the bottle here and there's no going back.

Most single men I know in their 40s and 50s don't struggle to find women in their 20s.

Yeah sure if you are looking at a gold digger a mail order bride or someone with Daddy issues... none of which makes for a good long term relationship.... kind of like what the UKs options will be after Brexit.

Fail to understand the generally positive response by the British media to events in Spain.

Apparently the Spanish are allowed democracy but we are not.

Yeah sure if you are looking at a gold digger a mail order bride or someone with Daddy issues... none of which makes for a good long term relationship.... kind of like what the UKs options will be after Brexit.

Not just gold diggers, all women focus on money it is in their DNA, stems from the caveman days when they needed protectors.

Why would anyone want something long term with a woman in their 20s? They're boring when they're clothed.

Fail to understand the generally positive response by the British media to events in Spain.

Apparently the Spanish are allowed democracy but we are not.

I don't get why leavers are so hung up this democracy thing.

They won the democratic vote and are now seeing the results.

How have leavers not been afforded democracy? I mean, they literally won the vote and are getting exactly what their hearts desired, no?

DNXi5BJXkAIzPjl.jpg

https://order-order.com/2017/10/29/tory-aides-spreadsheet-names-36-sex-pest-mps/

Tory aides have compiled a spreadsheet accusing 36 serving Conservative MPs of inappropriate sexual behaviour, Guido can reveal. The dossier includes specific allegations against MPs, including one minister who is “handsy with women at parties”, an MP on the government payroll who had “sexual relations with a researcher”, one backbencher who is “perpetually intoxicated and very inappropriate with women”, and another who allegedly “paid a woman to be quiet”. It was produced by a number of current and former Tory staffers in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal.

_______

I'm sure there are plenty more on all sides of the house -- but this could, potentially, do interesting things to the Parliamentary arithmetic. Another general election might be sooner then we think.

https://order-order.com/2017/10/29/tory-aides-spreadsheet-names-36-sex-pest-mps/

Tory aides have compiled a spreadsheet accusing 36 serving Conservative MPs of inappropriate sexual behaviour, Guido can reveal. The dossier includes specific allegations against MPs, including one minister who is “handsy with women at parties”, an MP on the government payroll who had “sexual relations with a researcher”, one backbencher who is “perpetually intoxicated and very inappropriate with women”, and another who allegedly “paid a woman to be quiet”. It was produced by a number of current and former Tory staffers in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal.

_______

I'm sure there are plenty more on all sides of the house -- but this could, potentially, do interesting things to the Parliamentary arithmetic. Another general election might be sooner then we think.
What's the deal with the process here? It's not something I've ever considered. In theory, each deposed MP should lead to a by-election. Is there a number at which an election should/must be called?

Even if the Conservatives turn out to be the lesser offenders here, it's not good news for them. No sitting party wants by-elections, they always trend towards the opposition.

I do wonder though, if in order to be able to build up a history of bad behaviour like this, the seats those MPs are in have to be fairly safe ones. If so, it might not change the numbers at all.

What's the deal with the process here? It's not something I've ever considered. In theory, each deposed MP should lead to a by-election. Is there a number at which an election should/must be called?

Even if the Conservatives turn out to be the lesser offenders here, it's not good news for them. No sitting party wants by-elections, they always trend towards the opposition.

I do wonder though, if in order to be able to build up a history of bad behaviour like this, the seats those MPs are in have to be fairly safe ones. If so, it might not change the numbers at all.

I'm not really sure. My thinking (and I'm only guessing) is that if there are many, many MPs -- from Tory to Labour -- involved in sexual harassment/assault/assorted sleazy behaviour, then there might be so much outcry and pressure that the only way to deal with it is to call a General Election, de-select the candidates involved (which the parties would do, I'm sure) and start again.

I'm not really sure. My thinking (and I'm only guessing) is that if there are many, many MPs -- from Tory to Labour -- involved in sexual harassment/assault/assorted sleazy behaviour, then there might be so much outcry and pressure that the only way to deal with it is to call a General Election, de-select the candidates involved (which the parties would do, I'm sure) and start again.
I'd imagine the Conservatives would be even more reluctant to do that than to call a load of by-elections.

Back