• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

He's not fudged up or said anything flat out clamy like referring to terrorists as friends, admittedly.

He's essentially gained votes by doing nothing at all whilst May has repeatedly fudged her own party.

I think that the Tories were complacent. I also think that they were blinded by May's approval ratings and forgot that she is a really wooden performer. I still think that they'll win but her reputation is damaged.

I think that the Tories were complacent. I also think that they were blinded by May's approval ratings and forgot that she is a really wooden performer. I still think that they'll win but her reputation is damaged.
She has to go for the good of both the party and the country.

And who'd want it right now? Anyone decent would probably want to sit out the next two years and wait until it becomes available after Brexit.

Not on a wind up (honest!) but who would you like to see as Tory leader?

Who do you replace her with? She was the best of a pretty grim bunch last summer. The talent pool in the Tory party is pretty shallow right now.
That's a tough question. As @milo says, there's not currently a lot to choose from.

I'd have to go with Jeremy Hunt based on what we currently have available. He has the right quality of education, he's worked in the private sector (very successfully), he's shown an ability to get things done in adverse circumstances and his policies (on the whole) align fairly closely to mine.

I'd have to go with Jeremy Hunt based on what we currently have available. He has the right quality of education, he's worked in the private sector (very successfully), he's shown an ability to get things done in adverse circumstances and his policies (on the whole) align fairly closely to mine.

He's electoral poison and has shown bad judgement in both of his ministerial posts so far.

He's electoral poison and has shown bad judgement in both of his ministerial posts so far.
He got what needed to be done, done.

Those who dislike him now are the same types who dislike all Tories out of habit. I wouldn't worry too much about them.

He got what needed to be done, done.

Those who dislike him now are the same types who dislike all Tories out of habit. I wouldn't worry too much about them.

I don't think that is true. I think people dislike him because he has brought the NHS to its knees and was colluding with Murdoch when he was meant to be deciding whether to allow him to buy out Sky. He also always goes hiding when the brick hit the fan.

He'd be a disastrous PM. He does not have the common touch, has poor judgement, hides and is a poor communicator.

Ruth Davidson looks a feisty sort. I think she would give the likes of Juncker, Tusk, Merkel and Macron a few things to think about.

She'd need to become an MP first.

I think that it is a mistake to think of Brexit negotiations in adversarial terms. Successful negotiations require give and take on both sides and an ability to find common ground.

I don't think that is true. I think people dislike him because he has brought the NHS to its knees and was colluding with Murdoch when he was meant to be deciding whether to allow him to buy out Sky. He also always goes hiding when the brick hit the fan.

He'd be a disastrous PM. He does not have the common touch, has poor judgement, hides and is a poor communicator.
An NHS on its knees is the logical conclusion of a publicly provided health service. Hunt believes in private healthcare, free to the public via state insurance just as I do. How many other MPs could or would have been able to push through the required changes in the face of such bullying tactics from doctors who should know better?

Leveson completely cleared him of being in collusion with Murdoch and, I believe, commended him on his dealings in the matter.

What do you mean by going hiding? If you mean ducking away from the political mistakes of others, then isn't that the mark of good judgement? From what I've seen he sticks out his own decisions pretty strongly.

Last edited:
An NHS on its knees is the logical conclusion of a publicly provided health service. Hunt believes in private healthcare, free to the public via state insurance just as I do. How many other MPs could or would have been able to push through the required changes in the face of such bullying tactics from doctor's who should know better?

Leveson completely cleared him of being in collision with Murdoch and, I believe, commended him on his dealings in the matter.

What do you mean by going hiding? If you mean ducking away from the political mistakes of others, then isn't that the mark of good judgement? From what I've seen he sticks out his own decisions pretty strongly.

When the brick hits the fan, he goes into hiding.

If you want to privatise the NHS, have the balls to put it to the people and get a mandate for it. I'll give him this though, he's no where near as bad a health secretary as Landsley.

Last edited:
She'd need to become an MP first.

I think that it is a mistake to think of Brexit negotiations in adversarial terms. Successful negotiations require give and take on both sides and an ability to find common ground.

Well I think she would find some common ground far better than May will.

Actually it's the Eu that needs to be reminded not to be so aggresive and advesarial. From the start their intention has been to "punish" the UK and leave us with a bad deal in order to show their other nations it's a mistake to walk away from the club. They never miss an opportunity to remind everyone of this and they themselves need to change their tone into on which is less threatening. After all 48% of those who voted in the referendum were pro EU and they will be amongst those punished greatly if the EU carries on with its stance.

Actually it's the Eu that needs to be reminded not to be so aggresive and advesarial. From the start their intention has been to "punish" the UK and leave us with a bad deal in order to show their other nations it's a mistake to walk away from the club. They never miss an opportunity to remind everyone of this and they themselves need to change their tone into on which is less threatening. After all 48% of those who voted in the referendum were pro EU and they will be amongst those punished greatly if the EU carries on with its stance.

The EU's position has been to protect its interests and those of its citizens, as you would expect it to do. Every decision that will punish the UK so far has been made by our government.

That's a tough question. As @milo says, there's not currently a lot to choose from.

Could not sell marmalade in Japan though!!!

Back