• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

It does seem now that leave will win. It might be better to have a decisive leave win than an ultra tight remain win.

Interesting times ahead.

Sinn Féin 'will push for border poll' if Leave vote succeeds
Posted at03:59

Declan Kearney, a Northern Ireland Assembly member for Sinn Féin, says his party will push for a poll on whether Northern Ireland should stay in the UK or unite with the Republic of Ireland if the UK votes to leave the EU.

f8a8e309-4479-4bb0-b270-b53cec09ff30.jpg

BBC
He says it will be "completely undemocratic" if the majority of people in Northern Ireland vote Remain but are "drawn out of the EU as a result of being carried on the coat-tails" of voters in England.

"Sinn Féin will continue to press... for a border poll under the provisions of the Good Friday Agreement, because this (EU Referendum) will demonstrate palpably a dramatic change in the political landscape of the north," he says.

Pretty much official - we have voted to leave the EU. Gonna be a lot to mull over in the very near future. Maybe a general election on the cards. But for now, it's time for bed!

I have never been so impressed by the British public, I was convinced the public would have been frightened by project fear into doing what the elite wanted. Amazed and so happy that the British public decided to engage with the entire world and have the big Englander attitude as opposed to the little Englander attitude of the remain campaign who thought we should do whatever the Tw*ts in Brussels tell us to do.

Bye bye Cameron. Hope no ones heading on holiday, pound suffering at the moment. UK stocks will take a hit today too - all the bankers will be having a field day making millions as the UK markets stumble. Watch out for house prices over the winter, will they stay strong? Seriously doubt it myself.

Change can be a good thing, a chance to shake things up. And congrats to those that wanted this. I worry that we won't actually get any meaningful positive change now, apart from political change, posturing, negotiating, and same old same old with some economic impact. Scotland, and maybe N Ireland will wish to leave the UK. @Danishfurniturelover it may not be a win for Little Englander, but it may well be a litter nation of England and Wales.

Last edited:
Ireland is not part of the UK.

Northern Ireland is but receives so much in handouts from the uk government she wont leave, unless they think they will receive the shortfall from the EU, but as the EU wont have the UK's money they will have less to give out, the scots, well I will be glad to see the back of them, they have given us to many Labour governments.

Wow knew it would be close but am very surprised to see this happen.

David Cameroon probably should have held this in his first office like he had promised. Instead he waited until the gun was loaded before shooting himself.

I have never been so impressed by the British public, I was convinced the public would have been frightened by project fear into doing what the elite wanted. Amazed and so happy that the British public decided to engage with the entire world and have the big Englander attitude as opposed to the little Englander attitude of the remain campaign who thought we should do whatever the Tw*ts in Brussels tell us to
I have never been so impressed by the British public, I was convinced the public would have been frightened by project fear into doing what the elite wanted. Amazed and so happy that the British public decided to engage with the entire world and have the big Englander attitude as opposed to the little Englander attitude of the remain campaign who thought we should do whatever the Tw*ts in Brussels tell us to do.

In what world do you live where Gove, Johnson and Farage are not part of the 'elite'?

Wow knew it would be close but am very surprised to see this happen.

David Cameroon probably should have held this in his first office like he had promised. Instead he waited until the gun was loaded before shooting himself.

well 17m people just shot themselves in the foot (and the head), it's a national disease

I'm so shocked it's not even funny. When will people realise this isn't 1939? We aren't the super power we used to be. We need allies in Europe just as they need us

well 17m people just shot themselves in the foot (and the head), it's a national disease

Shouldn't all those that didn't care enough to vote be counted as 'remain'? In reality it's less than a third of the entire population that has voted to leave.

Shouldn't all those that didn't care enough to vote be counted as 'remain'? In reality it's less than a third of the entire population that has voted to leave.

Even though I wanted us to remain I don't think you could say that. I think some of those people are either saying they can't make their minds up and are therefore abstaining and the others are those who never vote because their to busy taking selfies and it's probably best they stay away.

I'm so shocked it's not even funny. When will people realise this isn't 1939? We aren't the super power we used to be. We need allies in Europe just as they need us

I can only hope the last bit of your sentence is what will ultimately keep us and the economy from getting totally screwed.

Great to see Farage coming out this morning to say his promise about the extra £350m a week to spend on the NHS was a "mistake". I would like to believe that most people had seen through that particular untruth, but it is absolutely shameful that such a claim could even have been made.

I can only hope the last bit of your sentence is what will ultimately keep us and the economy from getting totally screwed.

Great to see Farage coming out this morning to say his promise about the extra £350m a week to spend on the NHS was a "mistake". I would like to believe that most people had seen through that particular untruth, but it is absolutely shameful that such a claim could even have been made.

The fact that you're an island and not in the middle of everything like Germany or France makes you a lot easier to ignore.

It's absolutely shameful that anyone would take in a pledge like that from someone who doesn't even sit in Parliament, nor belong to a party in government, at face value to begin with.

Back