• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

fudge the tree huggers - if they want to live like it's the fudgeing dark ages send them up North.

I don't buy that neither airport can get the money - if they went to the market for investment there'd be plenty out there. If there isn't then it's not financially viable and the government shouldn't touch it as it won't make back the costs.

Sounds like a wonderful plan compared to your runway-infested people-banned-for-beliefs-you-don't-like society my friend...(where is that 'whistling' emoji we used to have????) When I return I'm off to the dales where there are things like birds and field and fresh air...

Pretty much this.

Not sure why any sane person would want an immigration policy that allows Godtards through their borders. At best it's a recipe for dumb, at worst it's one for hatred, violence and discrimination.

I am not into any religion whatsoever.
I am all for people being allowed to believe in what they wish so long as it doesn't harm others.
Every belief system carries a few extremists who would do harm to others, and the millions of non-extremists who quietly get on with it should not be punished for that.

because right now he's taking air time away from Clinton and they have no one capable of beating her, it's a scorched earth strategy, no one is more desperate for his implosion, failing to offer a better option will wreck the gun toting, bible bashing, homophobic, racist motherfudgeers for decades

I want him to win their nomination because he is a twunt and he ain't gonna become POTUS, not even the Americans would would mess that up

Sounds like a wonderful plan compared to your runway-infested people-banned-for-beliefs-you-don't-like society my friend...(where is that 'whistling' emoji we used to have????) When I return I'm off to the dales where there are things like birds and field and fresh air...
The dales.....you. Nah your not fooling me you a California ageing surf dude who likes touring the wine country. The Dales, pull the other one mate it has bells on.

Not sure Trump thought this one through too much. How are they meant to figure out who's a Muslim (beard, brown skin, called Akbar?) What about those numbers of blonde, blue/green eyed Muslims from Eastern Europe without beards and local names rather than those recognised from the religious texts? What if someone is called Mohammed but isn't religious, likes a drinky too?

Could you imagine the USA getting big sporting events and stopping the likes of Mo Farah from competing. World Cup where certain African nations (for example) cannot bring in the likes of Toure or all of their teams? There would be huge boycotts.

He's (through his spokeswoman) also stated those who are American citizens and returning wouldn't be allowed back in.

I'd love to see what they would do with a Native American Muslim convert returning to the U.S.A :D

Not sure Trump thought this one through too much. How are they meant to figure out who's a Muslim (beard, brown skin, called Akbar?) What about those numbers of blonde, blue/green eyed Muslims from Eastern Europe without beards and local names rather than those recognised from the religious texts? What if someone is called Mohammed but isn't religious, likes a drinky too?

Could you imagine the USA getting big sporting events and stopping the likes of Mo Farah from competing. World Cup where certain African nations (for example) cannot bring in the likes of Toure or all of their teams? There would be huge boycotts.

He's (through his spokeswoman) also stated those who are American citizens and returning wouldn't be allowed back in.

I'd love to see what they would do with a Native American Muslim convert returning to the U.S.A :D

he's not thought anything through, the man's an idiot

Maybe just show everyone coming through immigration an 'offensive' cartoon of Mohamed ? Anyone getting offended isn't allowed in.

Sounds like a wonderful plan compared to your runway-infested people-banned-for-beliefs-you-don't-like society my friend...(where is that 'whistling' emoji we used to have????)
You've got me wrong. It's not about beliefs I don't like, it's about people who make themselves intentionally stupid by choosing not to apply logic or reasoning.

Would you support the inclusion of a cult that, as a cost of membership, required it's adherents to chop off their opposable thumbs? Or forced them to crawl on all fours like animals? Requiring someone to leave logic and reasoning at the door is doing just that - intentionally reducing oneself to the status of a dumb animal.

When I return I'm off to the dales where there are things like birds and field and fresh air...
Birds are for shooting (hunting is pretty much the only good thing about the countryside), fields are for tinkling in when caught short on the motorway and fresh air is for compressing, combining with fuel and igniting in an internal combustion engine.

There are few places I'd want to be less than a remote, animal-infested part of the North. I think I'd rather holiday in Syria.

I am not into any religion whatsoever.
I am all for people being allowed to believe in what they wish so long as it doesn't harm others.
Every belief system carries a few extremists who would do harm to others, and the millions of non-extremists who quietly get on with it should not be punished for that.
Religion always harms others. It spreads like a disease throughout populations and kills off the ability to think properly.

Fortunately there's a vaccine and it's called ridicule. I believe it's the responsibility of those of us fortunate enough not to be infected to spread that vaccine until the human race no longer succumbs to the thoughts and beliefs of Iron Age cult leaders.

Religion always harms others. It spreads like a disease throughout populations and kills off the ability to think properly.

Fortunately there's a vaccine and it's called ridicule. I believe it's the responsibility of those of us fortunate enough not to be infected to spread that vaccine until the human race no longer succumbs to the thoughts and beliefs of Iron Age cult leaders.

"Think properly" as according to who, and on what? Ridiculously arrogant baseless flimflam.

"Think properly" as according to who, and on what? Ridiculously arrogant baseless hogwash.
I'll rephrase that then.

"Think using logic and reasoning and to make decisions based on evidence. Where evidence isn't available, use what is known to formulate probability-based judgement and to always be prepared to change one's mind when presented with fresh evidence"

Or, in shorthand, think properly.

agreed

the willing suspension of logic and reason is a staggering aberration of our species

that so many people can trust but not verify, suggests some kind of mental short circuit

The problem with US politics is, with a constitution that separates church and state, they don't seem to be able to separate church and state.

If you just close your eyes and block your ears
To the accumulated knowledge of the last two thousand years
Then morally, guess what? You're off the hook
And thank christ you only have to read one book

--Tim Minchin

Ridicule should be the way to go - with all the 'should we call ISIS, ISIS, ISIL or Daesh' rubbish, a better suggestion should be calling it 'Gary Glitter & Jimmy Saville's funclub of paedos'. 6 months of all the news outlets calling it that and let's see how many people want to run off and join...

The problem with US politics is, with a constitution that separates church and state, they don't seem to be able to separate church and state.

If you just close your eyes and block your ears
To the accumulated knowledge of the last two thousand years
Then morally, guess what? You're off the hook
And thank christ you only have to read one book

--Tim Minchin

Ridicule should be the way to go - with all the 'should we call ISIS, ISIS, ISIL or Daesh' rubbish, a better suggestion should be calling it 'Gary Glitter & Jimmy Saville's funclub of paedos'. 6 months of all the news outlets calling it that and let's see how many people want to run off and join...

Ha ha

As a wider point I do think western media should stop using terms such as jihad, we should use our own terminology, to those weak of mind these terms have a cachet, it sounds like something far more than it is, we have the power to take that away.

Ha ha

As a wider point I do think western media should stop using terms such as jihad, we should use our own terminology, to those weak of mind these terms have a cachet, it sounds like something far more than it is, we have the power to take that away.

Exactly. Language is important and by quoting the terrorist terms for things we give them legitimacy, hence my rather heavy-handed ISIS comment above. The point stands though and, as scara wrote above, ridicule can play its part. For example, following the 7/7 attacks there were attacks stopped on 21/7. These would-be bombers were called the 21/7 bombers. Had they waited 3 more days, even failure would have had them called the 24/7 bombers and made it sound like they were bombing all day, every day...

Exactly. Language is important and by quoting the terrorist terms for things we give them legitimacy, hence my rather heavy-handed ISIS comment above. The point stands though and, as scara wrote above, ridicule can play its part. For example, following the 7/7 attacks there were attacks stopped on 21/7. These would-be bombers were called the 21/7 bombers. Had they waited 3 more days, even failure would have had them called the 24/7 bombers and made it sound like they were bombing all day, every day...

oh I agree

the media would be better served by dropping the buzzwords and trying to sound like they understand the language of these lunatics

ridicule is a weapon only the superior can wield, that's why it's such a powerful one

oh I agree

the media would be better served by dropping the buzzwords and trying to sound like they understand the language of these lunatics

ridicule is a weapon only the superior can wield, that's why it's such a powerful one

I agree that ridicule can be a tool. But it has to be targeted at isis and the like. Not the whole muslim community or islam or any religion otherwise it will be counter productive.

I mentioned that we should refrain from using language like jihadists and even islamic in relation to these scum as we are playing into thier hands in doing so.

Daesh means or sounds like something they dont like in Arabic (not sure what) so its a good thing that its being used in the arab world. But we should have a term for them here as well that equally puts off english speakers.

Lets all try to think of something.

I agree that ridicule can be a tool. But it has to be targeted at isis and the like. Not the whole muslim community or islam or any religion otherwise it will be counter productive.

I mentioned that we should refrain from using language like jihadists and even islamic in relation to these scum as we are playing into thier hands in doing so.

Daesh means or sounds like something they dont like in Arabic (not sure what) so its a good thing that its being used in the arab world. But we should have a term for them here as well that equally puts off english speakers.

Lets all try to think of something.
Admiral Ackbar's paedo worshippers?

Admiral Ackbar's paedo worshippers?

no need to drag the poor Mon Calamari into this, they are a race of science and engineering

you are on to something with the paedo worshippers though, I'm thinking something along the lines of gun toting kiddy fiddlers but that doesn't distinguish them from large populations of the flyover states

no need to drag the poor Mon Calamari into this, they are a race of science and engineering

you are on to something with the paedo worshippers though, I'm thinking something along the lines of gun toting kiddy fiddlers but that doesn't distinguish them from large populations of the flyover states
I didn't drag them into it, it's what all the paedo worshippers shout before blowing themselves up isn't it? ;)

Back