• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I think both Conservatives and Labour have lost touch with their traditional voters in their desperation to catch the floating voters with short term, quick fix policies. Politicians have proved to be untrustworthy or incompetent in the last few years and most people take little interest in politics until something makes the news. Brexit demonstrated the population haven't a clue what they are voting for.

One of the many problems is that the core voter bases are so locked in their vote is taken for granted, to win more voters over they "reach out" to the fringes and we end up with the likes of erg and momentum.
Blair was onto something with his attitude of the middle ground wins you elections.
Pity he was a complete and utter fraud.

I never thought that the next "Enoch Powell" would be a person of colour. What it demonstrates though, in case anyone thought otherwise, is that discrimination and bigotry is colourless, creedless and not limited to any particular gender. Just to be clear, it's fine to have concerns about immigration but it's the crass, racist and frankly misleading way she speaks on the topic which is unhelpful and dangerous.

What I am sure about, is that Braverman will be doing Sunak and his Conservatives no favours in the polls. It is also a measure of his weakness that he does not sack her.

Not really talked about a lot but Sunak is actually pretty right wing himself, I'd say a pragmatic right winger who is well educated which makes him dangerous. My hunch is he agrees with most of what Braverman says but not the words used to describe it.

Not really talked about a lot but Sunak is actually pretty right wing himself, I'd say a pragmatic right winger who is well educated which makes him dangerous.

He’s well to the right - much more so than liar Johnson, and not far off lunatic Truss.

Not really talked about a lot but Sunak is actually pretty right wing himself, I'd say a pragmatic right winger who is well educated which makes him dangerous. My hunch is he agrees with most of what Braverman says but not the words used to describe it.
I think Sunak is a money man which drives his politics. I don't get the impression he has the same extreme views as Braverman on immigration and multiculturalism, in fact he has contradicted her on the latter. He is weak though, he was not voted in by the members, he is hated by MPs who were allies of Johnson and his party is struggling in the polls. So he can't afford to make more enemies on the right. Hence his willingness to "tolerate" Braverman.

Last edited:
They might do but there is no evidence that they have been doing it to any where near the extent of the Tories. It's a neat but dangerous way though of not holding the current mob to account to claim "Labour would do the same anyway...".
Is there any evidence that the Conservatives have been doing it more than Labour?

I've yet to see anyone quantify it for either side.

He spends a hell of a lot of my money for a right winger.

Promising to see that the huge polling survey carried out over the last week suggests that the Tories will crash and burn in many of their electoral strongholds, including my home constituency in North Dorset. It’s forecast to go comfortably to the Lib Dems. If it happens, it would be the first time since 1945 that the seat is held by a party other than the Conservatives.

Here’s hoping.

Promising to see that the huge polling survey carried out over the last week suggests that the Tories will crash and burn in many of their electoral strongholds, including my home constituency in North Dorset. It’s forecast to go comfortably to the Lib Dems. If it happens, it would be the first time since 1945 that the seat is held by a party other than the Conservatives.

Here’s hoping.
Just happened in mine (Somerton & Frome), although the Lib Dems held it much more recently.

Lib Dems won easily, despite having a fairly unlikeable single issue (farming) candidate, although this could easily have been to appeal to moderate Tories.

Lib Dems really pushed it though - We had 17 (!) LD leaflets which tinkled off a lot of people I spoke to into not voting for them.

Just happened in mine (Somerton & Frome), although the Lib Dems held it much more recently.

Lib Dems won easily, despite having a fairly unlikeable single issue (farming) candidate, although this could easily have been to appeal to moderate Tories.

Lib Dems really pushed it though - We had 17 (!) LD leaflets which tinkled off a lot of people I spoke to into not voting for them.
Leaflet fatigue.....has always swung my vote:rolleyes:

They might do but there is no evidence that they have been doing it to any where near the extent of the Tories. It's a neat but dangerous way though of not holding the current mob to account to claim "Labour would do the same anyway...".
People are trying to hold these robbers to account
But every time they need evidence like text messages it disappears
Watched Partygate the other day. brilliant satire but so representative of what I saw on some sides of the civil service
And then the other side had no loo roll or soap as it was getting stolen…

There were some really weird ones dressed up as letters from neighbours etc. Bizarrely though, especially for a by-election, not one party took the time to knock on our door. Is that not a thing any more?
Have you ever met the kind of people that get involved in politics?

I think the parties have realised that letting voters speak to them is a terrible idea.

There were some really weird ones dressed up as letters from neighbours etc. Bizarrely though, especially for a by-election, not one party took the time to knock on our door. Is that not a thing any more?
They can usually tell how you'll vote based on the condition of your front garden, so sometimes they won't knock if its a bit 'lib dem manicured'.

I think the general rule is:
Messy = Labour
Well kempt = Lib Dem
Concreted for excessive parking or worked by the help = Conservative

So they only call if it's a boundary case between that triangulation

Last edited:
I think they're probably better off trying to communicate with voters thru their phones...at least then they might get their attention.

They can usually tell how you'll vote based on the condition of your front garden, so sometimes they won't knock if its a bit 'lib dem manicured'.

I think the general rule is:
Messy = Labour
Well kempt = Lib Dem
Concreted for excessive parking or worked by the help = Conservative

So they only call if it's a boundary case between that triangulation
We don't have any of them! Maybe I'm just getting old.

I was quite disappointed we didn't get more 'fringe' candidates as it was a by-election. No buckethead or binface for us, just a Christian Alliance candidate flying the flag for nutters likely to get around 100 votes...

People are trying to hold these robbers to account
But every time they need evidence like text messages it disappears
Watched Partygate the other day. brilliant satire but so representative of what I saw on some sides of the civil service
And then the other side had no loo roll or soap as it was getting stolen…

Funny how tech bro wasn't able to back up his messages and Boris somehow got hold of all his messages apart from the main 6 month period that Rishi lost his for.

Amazes me there's no management of corporate devices in government though given everything that goes on nothing should shock us anymore.

Funny how tech bro wasn't able to back up his messages and Boris somehow got hold of all his messages apart from the main 6 month period that Rishi lost his for.

Amazes me there's no management of corporate devices in government though given everything that goes on nothing should shock us anymore.

there is, but they don’t use those devices or the corporate applications exclusively

Back