• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Funny how tech bro wasn't able to back up his messages and Boris somehow got hold of all his messages apart from the main 6 month period that Rishi lost his for.

Amazes me there's no management of corporate devices in government though given everything that goes on nothing should shock us anymore.
There is
They have the records if his phone was anything like mine

Funny how tech bro wasn't able to back up his messages and Boris somehow got hold of all his messages apart from the main 6 month period that Rishi lost his for.

Amazes me there's no management of corporate devices in government though given everything that goes on nothing should shock us anymore.
We could just put a request into the KGB and ask for everything. They'd probably enjoy complying

In that case they should provide them, they belong to the government and therefore us but I can bet they'll never be seen.
Mine did
And I was an SCS all be it contracted to the government
His would be the same but arguabk6nwity even more security

Question for the Aussies on here

Why would there need to be a vote for recognition of the indigenous of Australia? Surely they should just get it implemented as an act of humanity rather than it being a vote?
Talking to some ex pats I know who now live out there
They are stunned
Wh6 wouldn’t you let people have a say in the actions the government take that are about them… mental

Opposition might win in Poland. Fantastic news if it happens. Democracy was in retreat there.
My team in Poland are as left wing as you could get. We’re known as a prominent equal opportunities employer who embraces all sexual variances too
I got a cab the other week and the driver asked me how did we end up with an Indian PM… that’s the alternative instantly flipped on its head for me

Question for the Aussies on here

Why would there need to be a vote for recognition of the indigenous of Australia? Surely they should just get it implemented as an act of humanity rather than it being a vote?

This involves the establishment of a body that parliament will consult, but not be obliged to follow on legislation specifically being targeted at indigenous people. As such, it requires a change to the constitution and this can only be achieved by a referendum. To pass it required 50% + 1 of the national vote, plus the support of at least four out of the 5 states. This body could have been established by legislation, but the fear was that it just as easily have been repealed by subsequent legislation.

This involves the establishment of a body that parliament will consult, but not be obliged to follow on legislation specifically being targeted at indigenous people. As such, it requires a change to the constitution and this can only be achieved by a referendum. To pass it required 50% + 1 of the national vote, plus the support of at least four out of the 5 states. This body could have been established by legislation, but the fear was that it just as easily have been repealed by subsequent legislation.

Top man, appreciate that explanation

G7 GDP per capita growth 2016-2023:

US: 10.77%
Italy: 6.94%
France: 5.74%
Japan: 3.95%
Germany: 3.40%
Canada: 2.63%
UK: 0.46%

Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1370625/g7-country-gdp-levels-per-capita/

The nation is potentially hamstrung with low growth and high inflation. Is that called stagflation? The Bank of England can’t put up rates any more because it stops growth. But because of war, energy price increases, as well as wage inflation probably due to brexit/covid, we desperately need to slow inflation. Other nations aren’t seeing the same extreme wage inflation or low growth.

The figures above are shocking and are possibly the greatest argument for re-joining the EU. There is no doubt in my mind Brexit has damaged our economy.

Last edited:
G7 GDP per capita growth 2016-2023:

US: 10.77%
Italy: 6.94%
France: 5.74%
Japan: 3.95%
Germany: 3.40%
Canada: 2.63%
UK: 0.46%

Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1370625/g7-country-gdp-levels-per-capita/

The nation is potentially hamstrung with low growth and high inflation. Is that called stagflation? The Bank of England can’t put up rates any more because it stops growth. But because of war, energy prices increase, as well as wage inflation provably due to brexit/covid. Other nations aren’t seeing the same extreme wage inflation or low growth.

The figures above are shocking and are possibly the greatest argument for re-joining the EU. There is no doubt in my mind Brexit has damaged our economy.

Welcome to the sunlit uplands!

Fear not, though; despite difficult economic times in the UK, some people are doing very well…

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rms-linked-to-his-wife?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Welcome to the sunlit uplands!

Fear not, though; despite difficult economic times in the UK, some people are doing very well…

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rms-linked-to-his-wife?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Since 2016 the nation has floundered. Stopped and stayed static essentially. There is more than one reason for that. Mismanagment by Tories whilst they chopped and changed leaders, and massive disruptions in government etc. But the biggest variable is Brexit. All other nations had Covid, wars and higher energy prices. The pound is worth less, and the UK is essentially worth less too.

But then that is what was projected and predicted. Sadly the lies were of using the EU cash to improve the NHS. The reality is less money for the NHS and a slightly poorer UK. It is what was predicted and some said they were fine with that as a price to pay. Okay. However, the great irony is that immigration is higher than its ever been in the EU, and this is what is generating some economic growth. It is another bind the government are in. Without immigration the economy will falter even more because we've lost access to seamless labour market, which actually worked a lot better with workers able to move back to Europe again.

So a big phat fail for Brexit then.

Back