• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Sadly for this country, nether Boris or Jerremy is fit to lead this country.
Anybody voting for Boris is just naive.

Said it last week... the people I work with who know government and politics and are independent have said consistently their thoughts....

Boris wins this election with the chav vote (my words). Then we go through Brexit and the chavs realise it’s a bumpy ride which they were never told about.... as a country we have 5 years of ups and down but new labour comes in with Kier Starmer in charge and more central policies... and win the next election

Said it last week... the people I work with who know government and politics and are independent have said consistently their thoughts....

Boris wins this election with the chav vote (my words). Then we go through Brexit and the chavs realise it’s a bumpy ride which they were never told about.... as a country we have 5 years of ups and down but new labour comes in with Kier Starmer in charge and more central policies... and win the next election

I just want a less venal bunch running our country than the current underhanded conservatives.
The similarity between Boris and Trump go far deeper the just hairdos. There are financial connections now also I have been told. Allegedly Boris is in debt up to his eyeballs and Donald has looked on him in a generous manner.

I could see that. And in many ways it might be the best way things pan out.

Christ, although I kind of agrees I will be 72/73 when Brexit ceases. If I last that long.

Like it or not, I think the Tories are the best lot to get Brexit over the line.

Whatever way it shakes out its going to be less than ideal, but Corbyns version of it is even worse.

Get it done, then lets get back to domestic policy. By which time a more moderate Labour may well be the best option.

Like it or not, I think the Tories are the best lot to get Brexit over the line.

Whatever way it shakes out its going to be less than ideal, but Corbyns version of it is even worse.

Get it done, then lets get back to domestic policy. By which time a more moderate Labour may well be the best option.
I agree
The momentum group behind labour are just red flags by another name
Sooner their gone the better for labour

The Boris/Cummings facade put together by the ultra-rightwing money men in the conservative party are just wrong.
Brexit is dreadful for you and your kids and so unnecessary.

The Boris/Cummings facade put together by the ultra-rightwing money men in the conservative party are just wrong.
Brexit dreadful for you and your kids and so unnecessary.

It is what it is. We've all done the Brexit argument to death, and clearly people are divided.

Im not against it at all, but at this point I just want to see something decisive happen.

And as brick as a Tory deal might be, Corbyns attempt to subvert the whole thing is worse.

The evidence backs my statement up:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salaries_of_Members_of_the_United_Kingdom_Parliament

Edit: According to the Hays guide that's about half the going rate for a director of a company (similar responsibility levels) in London.

No mention of lots of fact finding foreign trips, entertainment by companies and individuals, priority treatment in most places, the opportunity to employ unemployable family members, chance to put contracts to your in-laws companies plus access to top restaurants and shows in London and far greater choice of rent boys and hostesses.

It is what it is. We've all done the Brexit argument to death, and clearly people are divided.

Im not against it at all, but at this point I just want to see something decisive happen.

And as brick as a Tory deal might be, Corbyns attempt to subvert the whole thing is worse.

There are no winners with brexit

Anyone who believes the photo is a fake has not been in a hospital in the last 20 years.

I don't doubt that the photo itself is entirely genuine, much as the photo of Jezza sat on the train floor was genuinely Jezza sitting on a train floor. It's the fantastical stories and hysteria surrounding it I was struggling with, and Scara's reference to the hospital statement suggests I was right to be sceptical.

Change. Proper autonomy. Actual control taken over things.

All are quite esoteric and are the backbone of the Brexit campaign for that very reason as they are many things to different people. Cummings is many things but stupid is not one of them.

Your Brexit quest I doubt will ever happen due to politics. Yours is a deeply-rooted love of Great Britain and the EU are just not for you?

I mistrust all governing bodies equally due to their very nature of governing. UK parliament and the EU are both deeply floored as these things always will be.

So I end up looking for the best deal for me. Not bothered by flags or the like just whats is it costing, like with changing utility companies at home.
My take is there is little gain from leaving because of its too much unnecessary grief/costs. The amount of uncertainty for 'me' leaving is too great and the hassle factor is huge. As would be the reverse, say joining the EU if that was the case in question. It likes the art of great British comedy, 'it is all in the timing'.
I don't disagree passionately with either side of the argument I'm just pragmatic "I" see no upside to Brexit it is too expensive and political navel-gazing.

I get where you are coming from.

Last edited:
Might be fake, might not be. The ease with which everyone jumped to the conclusion it wasn't and are now assuming it was, is precisely why Johnson was absolutely right not to react to it.

We all laugh at Trump for being reactionary and making statements/decisions that he doesn't nearly have enough information to make, yet we criticise Johnson for refusing to do the same? It's nothing more than a chance to take a dig in the run up to an election.
Johnson wasn't right to ignore it and shrug it off either - he displayed his character. Whether it's one lacking in compassion or one can't appropriately handle new and sensitive information is down to personal perception.
Either way, nothing in his handling suggested any kind of leadership and influence I want make key decisions over my welfare.

He could have looked at it and said "that does not look good, I will have my team investigate further". He took no ownership of the situation and tried to palm it off with fluff.

(Although, now I think about - maybe the country would be better if Johnson "palmed off" more)

Back