• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

View attachment 7814 So the pictures of the boy on the floor at the hospital were faked by a Labour activist to make the Tories look bad
The boy is pretty irrelevant in this scenario (there is also an apology from the Trust, so whether the story of it being a fake is fake or not is certainly in question - we'll probably never know,such is the flimflam political age of fake news we live in)

Johnson's handling of the situation, however, was not fake. That told a very true story.

View attachment 7814 So the pictures of the boy on the floor at the hospital were faked by a Labour activist to make the Tories look bad
Might be fake, might not be. The ease with which everyone jumped to the conclusion it wasn't and are now assuming it was, is precisely why Johnson was absolutely right not to react to it.

We all laugh at Trump for being reactionary and making statements/decisions that he doesn't nearly have enough information to make, yet we criticise Johnson for refusing to do the same? It's nothing more than a chance to take a dig in the run up to an election.

I’m gonna sound like a know it all but I’ve spent the last 4 years working on courts and prisons, schools and hospitals

Schools are over crowded - when I was kid we had some empty classrooms. The population has grown significantly
Prisons are over crowded. We have more scumbags than we used to have as as far as im aware we haven’t been closing prisons. What is the route cause?? Substances seems to be the biggest impact from what I’ve read, which is a social issue.
Courts not IMO are more efficient than They have ever been which means less courts but more effective ones. Again their having more through put than ever before
The hospitals I’ve worked on are quite varied. All have too many people needing them than the capacity they have. All ask have a larger than ever ageing population of patients as people live longer than ever before (although recent stats show a slight downturn). Their haven’t been any major hospital new builds for some time (some replacements have been built)
What I don’t know is has the tax contribution increased proportionality with the increase in population vs the increase in demand vs the ageing demand on services. That’s the metric I believe would show a lot of the key info to see if money is being spent, saved or wasted

And on Boris not making a comment about a subject he knew nothing about. Fair play to him. Don’t bite the hand of the press trying to bait you
Take the opportunity to understand the facts
It’s not like Boris has hasn’t put his foot in it many many times before and for once he has been sensible

Might be fake, might not be. The ease with which everyone jumped to the conclusion it wasn't and are now assuming it was, is precisely why Johnson was absolutely right not to react to it.

We all laugh at Trump for being reactionary and making statements/decisions that he doesn't nearly have enough information to make, yet we criticise Johnson for refusing to do the same? It's nothing more than a chance to take a dig in the run up to an election.

Don't all politicians provide a chance to have a dig at them by simply turning up at staged events? Do they care? I don't think so, they just love themselves to bits and will do anything to gain some power over the great unwashed and cuddle up to the money.

Don't all politicians provide a chance to have a dig at them by simply turning up at staged events? Do they care? I don't think so, they just love themselves to bits and will do anything to gain some power over the great unwashed and cuddle up to the money.
There's very little money in being a politician - if you take the hours, working in London, etc into account, they get paid a pittance.

The story appears to be real. The doctor in the Leeds hospital has apologised for situation.

The fake bit is the tweets calling it a setup. The botnet has been full swing promoting this narrative . A bit like the 'assault' that never happened on Hanrooster.

Boris' reaction is not a surprise either. He's a stain on UK politics and his every action and reaction is self serving.

The story appears to be real. The doctor in the Leeds hospital has apologised for situation.

The fake bit is the tweets calling it a setup. The botnet has been full swing promoting this narrative . A bit like the 'assault' that never happened on Hanrooster.

Boris' reaction is not a surprise either. He's a stain on UK politics and his every action and reaction is self serving.
Full statement from the hospital is that the boy was seen within 20 mins, was receiving treatment in a treatment room (in a chair) whilst awaiting a bed.

The hospital stops short of stating that the parents put the child on the floor for obvious reasons, but it clearly wasn't the hospital.

I've done that before - Take photo > Share > Whatsapp > The Daily Mirror > Send > oh fudge, oops - I meant to send that to my family.

You really carry little weight in the majority of this thread due to your total lack of balance.
£80k for MP salaries is not lavish but hardly a pittance either.
You are good at the imitation of the Harry Enfield character Loadsamoney.

You really carry little weight in the majority of this thread due to your total lack of balance.
£80k for MP salaries is not lavish but hardly a pittance either.
You are good at the imitation of the Harry Enfield character Loadsamoney.
I don't earn a fortune, but I don't work the hours MPs do or drag my arse into London every day. I prefer to see my family, etc.

Anyone doing what MPs do is not doing it for the money - it would be far easier to earn more for less work.

Back