• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Which is precisely why the BBC no longer has the right to the taxation of the people to support it.

The whole point of the licence fee is that they are not bound by ownership, ad revenue, and should not be partisan in any way.

They should be neutral, and focused on providing quality programming. In both an entertainment and educational sense (not necessarily mutually exclusive things, of course).

IMHO the BBC is an utter failure in these respects. So its frankly criminal that I am forced to pay for it. I should have the choice to subscribe, as I do with any other media, and make my own choice as to the value.

I like MOTD ......and prefer their weather forecasts.
They don't like Boris! so leave them alone ;)

Corbyn, although aloof, does seem principled and genuinely has the wellbeing of the whole country at his heart. I'm not sure I entirely trust him or Labour. However I'm entirely sure I don't trust the Tories.

You know what...I actually don't entirely disagree with this. One of my big, more general problems with Labour and the left - and I see Corbyn as being worse than most of them in this regard - is not their lack of basic good intentions, it's their total inability/refusal (as I see it) to keep those intentions tethered to reality, and to think through the real world consequences of their actions.

This why I think he is just the lesser of two evils.
And that's exactly why im hoping for a minority (not coalition) Labour gov.
There will be nowhere to hide if you are relying on others to get anything done.

Edit.
@Parklaner81
This is reply to your post too!!
I'm hoping this election is the next step away from FPTP and to a more coalition/similar based future - so integrity becomes a baseline (you know, like adults!)

You know what...I actually don't entirely disagree with this. One of my big, more general problems with Labour and the left - and I see Corbyn as being worse than most of them in this regard - is not their lack of basic good intentions, it's their total inability/refusal (as I see it) to keep those intentions tethered to reality, and to think through the real world consequences of their actions.
See McDonnell's discussion about the flight of talent/money under a Labour government for more detail. His argument basically boiled down to the fact that people won't leave because..... something, something, magic.... and Sterling will actually rise because something, something, magic money tree.

The story appears to be real. The doctor in the Leeds hospital has apologised for situation.

The fake bit is the tweets calling it a setup. The botnet has been full swing promoting this narrative . A bit like the 'assault' that never happened on Hanrooster.

Boris' reaction is not a surprise either. He's a stain on UK politics and his every action and reaction is self serving.

Go back to my any smear, any lie, any hyperbole post. Tories will go to any imaginable depth in order to win. Words cannot express my contempt for these lying maggots.

View attachment 7814 So the pictures of the boy on the floor at the hospital were faked by a Labour activist to make the Tories look bad

Ha, ha, ha. Deluded or just a propagandist. I'd say the latter. Labour don't need to resort to these types of stunts to make the 'Tories look bad.' All they have to do is point out real life scenarios. What a joke.

Last edited:
Ha, ha, ha. Deluded or just a propagandist. I'd say the latter. Labour don't need to resort to this types of stunts to make the 'Tories look bad.' All they have to do is point out real life scenarios. What a joke.
No, you certainly wouldn't catch Labour offering to pay the taxi fare for people to try and convince them to go to that hospital and get in front of the TV cameras, would you?

And there's no way they'd allow themselves to be Putin's puppets and release leaked documents propagated by Russian bot farms.

I kind of like that about Johnson.

Not that I like him, or his actions - of course. More that I like that he is honest.

Im sure its not intentional, and yes - I know he is a lying fudger - but he isnt skilled enough to deny what and who he is.

Hes a clam. He knows hes a clam. You and I know hes a clam. And he just kind of owns it (even if inadvertently).

So ultimately he is quite predictable, and we all know where we stand. Which is, for me, refreshing.

You know what you are getting with him - and you know it will be populist etc - and at this time I think its basically what is needed.

Which is no great endorsement of the man. Rather a conclusion that he may be the best of a bad bunch (as always seems the case at election time. No reasons to vote "for" someone, all have reasons to vote "against").

Corbyn, on the other hand, I find far more opaque. Far less trustworthy (in a "you know what theyll do" kind of way), far more radical - and not necessarily for the better. Frankly I think he is more dangerous.

Gee, you have posted some real brick on this thread but 'honest Boris" takes the cake.

I like a predictable, moderate clam over a more unpredictable, extreme one - no matter their principles.

If "like" is the word?

If I can bring myself to vote*, Ill probably vote Tory, though my town is a very secure Tory seat regardless so I doubt it would ultimately mean anything.

Id make that choice purely for the sake of the next few years. And happily reconsider where my vote belongs come the next election.

Its a very short term choice, this election, IMO.

*Theres a very genuine chance Ill abstain. For me, I think voting should be a case of voting FOR something, not simply against something else. And there is very little on offer right now I could actively support with my vote, not party that I feel is representative of me or my values or my preferences.

As my constituency is almost certainly a Conservative win, I may well just leave it anyway, any vote seems quite meaningless.

Oh my word, just when I thought it could not get better, Boris is "moderate clam." Lol.

Gee, you have posted some real brick on this thread but 'honest Boris" takes the cake.

Interesting that for someone who is so absolute in their views, in their "side" being the right one, that your argument consists of nothing but personal digs all the time.

Seems a trait more common in the left than right, in my experience. Which is also interesting considering their claims to the moral high ground.

I should say, there are plenty of lefties on here I respect a great deal and thoroughly enjoy talking with.

Needless to say, you arent one of them.

Interesting that for someone who is so absolute in their views, in their "side" being the right one, that your argument consists of nothing but personal digs all the time.

Seems a trait more common in the left than right, in my experience. Which is also interesting considering their claims to the moral high ground.

I should say, there are plenty of lefties on here I respect a great deal and thoroughly enjoy talking with.

Needless to say, you arent one of them.

I don't want to be liked or respected by right wingers. Politics is far too serious for that. The only reason you cop ridicule is because you post garbage. At least Scara is funny.

I don't want to be liked or respected by right wingers. Politics is far too serious for that. The only reason you cop ridicule is because you post garbage. At least Scara is funny.

Im not a right winger, nor a Tory sock, nor of low education/intelligence.

In fact Im not sure a single one of your judgements of me has hit anywhere near home.

I couldnt give a monkeys if you care what I think at all. Id be disappointed if you did, to be honest.

I'd expect directors of large companies to get that stuff free - I'm a director of a far smaller one and I do.

That's no more a part of the job than anywhere else. It's no more right as an MP than it is in other places either. What you're describing is power, which comes with any high level job.

So does my bank account. I've never asked her about rent boys, but I just call my concierge and she gets me into the show/restaurant that I want her to. That's not part of an MP's job either, that's just a perk of using a bank.

All true but directors and bank managers aren't pretending to do public works for the good of the population or legislate the way I live and I'm sure they would agree they want to make as much money as the can in their profession.

Back