• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Whatever Boris's strategy was it's awful, he must have known they'd pass that bill and likely refuse the election as well. I see his only realistic option to call a vote of no confidence in himself, lose it then prorogue parliament the day after so the others can't agree on a government that can win a vote of confidence.

Whatever Boris's strategy was it's awful, he must have known they'd pass that bill and likely refuse the election as well. I see his only realistic option to call a vote of no confidence in himself, lose it then prorogue parliament the day after so the others can't agree on a government that can win a vote of confidence.

Depends on his goals really.

So far he has made it clear, he has a purpose and it is (apparently!) to honour the referendum and serve the public, and clear as day its the opposition subverting that and also denying them their say.

If he is preparing for backlash against further Brexit flimflam, he has his ass covered.

If he is trying to get a GE under way so he can actually win and then form a proper government - then perhaps there will be increased public pressure on Corbyn and co to allow it.

Which would be suicide for them to refuse.

It could be that Boris is playing a blinder here, at the very least from a PR perspective.

Depends on his goals really.

So far he has made it clear, he has a purpose and it is (apparently!) to honour the referendum and serve the public, and clear as day its the opposition subverting that and also denying them their say.

If he is preparing for backlash against further Brexit flimflam, he has his ass covered.

If he is trying to get a GE under way so he can actually win and then form a proper government - then perhaps there will be increased public pressure on Corbyn and co to allow it.

Which would be suicide for them to refuse.

It could be that Boris is playing a blinder here, at the very least from a PR perspective.

I guess I spend a lot of time reading news etc but for the average person they just see the headlines on the papers in the morning saying "I'd rather die than extend etc" which a lot of people probably like to hear.

The EU won't give a 3 month extension anyway, it's pointless for them - they'll insist on say a one year extension and all parties bar the Tories and DUP will accept it which will cause a storm and frustrate a lot of voters on both sides.

The others can't win a vote of no confidence all the time Corbyn is there. Too many moderates will not side with him.

The correct answer is for Johnson to either refuse to take the bill to HM or to recommend no assent. The parliamentary remedy for which is a vote of no confidence which will lead to an election.

I guess I spend a lot of time reading news etc but for the average person they just see the headlines on the papers in the morning saying "I'd rather die than extend etc" which a lot of people probably like to hear.

The EU won't give a 3 month extension anyway, it's pointless for them - they'll insist on say a one year extension and all parties bar the Tories and DUP will accept it which will cause a storm and frustrate a lot of voters on both sides.

The EU are hanging out to see if Corbyn wins or not. Its simple math.

If Corbyn wins, they win. If Boris wins, they need to consider their options rather quickly.

A 3 month extension should be long enough to see how that particular battle plays out, and is sufficiently short enough to then take next steps...

SO much wrong with this video.

Here 20 years, never applied for citizenship? Why has she not followed the naturalisation process?

Jeez

SO much wrong with this video.

Here 20 years, never applied for citizenship? Why has she not followed the naturalisation process?

Jeez

Because there is no need to do so until this farce started, just the same as why I have not yet applied for Czech citizenship - although in fact I need to wait to see what the idiots decide and then I can plan out how I need to proceed.

Just one boon of being in the EU, no need to jump through hoops etc to live and work in another EU country..

Because there is no need to do so until this farce started, just the same as why I have not yet applied for Czech citizenship - although in fact I need to wait to see what the idiots decide and then I can plan out how I need to proceed.

Just one boon of being in the EU, no need to jump through hoops etc to live and work in another EU country..

You just don't understand, we get so much back in return for leaving, like....erm....fuk all!

Back