• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

The end of the Great in Britian.

Do you know the Great in Britain is a shortening of Greater. And it was introduced to mark the colonisation of Scotland. Britain = England and Wales; Greater Britain = England, Wales and Scotland.

So you may be right. But it's an irredentist term

United Kingdom's Top Trading Partners
  • United States: US$65.3 billion (13.4% of total UK exports)
  • Germany: $46.7 billion (9.6%)
  • Netherlands: $33.1 billion (6.8%)
  • France: $31.9 billion (6.5%)
  • Ireland: $28.2 billion (5.8%)
  • China: $27.7 billion (5.7%)

Britian was a colonial power. Like nations in the EU we have no colony now. What downturns has the UK suffered within the EU? Pre-EU we had the 3 day week and shortages of electricity! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-Day_Week The EU provided a place for previous colonial powers to maintain their strength by working together.

Hahahaah post two world wars when people were living by the gas light, yeh great example

Hahahaah post two world wars when people were living by the gas light, yeh great example

Will leave you to your pre-judgments (i'm sure I have some of my own too). For the record Pre-EU was in the 1970s and the 3 day week around 1975 - all in the wiki link. Nevermind!

Will leave you to your pre-judgments (i'm sure I have some of my own too). For the record Pre-EU was in the 1970s and the 3 day week around 1975 - all in the wiki link. Nevermind!

Oh and to answer your earlier question I didn't go much on the Eurozone crisis

The NHS costs £134b a year.

Net contribution to the EU is £9b. And we get far more than that back in free trade. It is not a massive amount of money. It won't threaten the EU's ability to function.

NHS? That's irrelevant to the point I replied to.

We were talking about the EU and why they'd be concerned about us leaving.
I think their total budget is around £150 billion. So that's a big chunk being removed from it if we exit.

NHS? That's irrelevant to the point I replied to.

We were talking about the EU and why they'd be concerned about us leaving.
I think their total budget is around £150 billion. So that's a big chunk being removed from it if we exit.

6% of their budget right? I do agree. It’s a blow to them. But it’s not decisive. It won’t make the EU worry too much. The greater loss to the EU is the UK itself. We were widely regarded as a sensible and important nation that contributed a great deal to laws and statesmanship.

It is far more important to them that the EU continues than they get our 6%. A bit of belt tightening and cover from 27 nations and 9b is covered quite quickly no?

The point with the NHS is to show that in relative terms what we pay the EU is not that much.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If the EU didn't care about no deal they would let us walk into the Abyss's, its hugely damaging to them anyone that thinks it isn't is deluded.

It's not only damaging to them, but also carries an element of political risk too. Imagine if there's no deal and, heaven forbid, the sky actually doesn't fall in...that's really not a position the EU want to be in.

Last edited:
Whole thing is my favourite buttplug really, the deal has been rejected 3 times already and shows no sign of passing in the future. The government are against a referendum, the EU won't bend so the only result left is no deal. I don't think a few days of parliament not sitting is really going to change much. A referndum won't solve anything - the Lib Dems and Greens have already said they'll ignore the result if leave wins again and even if there was one no one has any idea what's on the ballot paper anyway.

Things have been badly handled from the start, I support leaving but with a deal - next week should be interesting.

Or they might setup in the rest of the world to be, you know, near their markets in the rest of the world.
Like all the sh.it they export to us but wont have a favourable trade deal to do it through?

Plus your discounting the 'Boris loves business' come to our shores massive company incentive scheme:rolleyes:.........corporate immigration will be the next problem:D

Back