• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players Out: Rumours and Discussion

Based on last season? No where fudging near :lol:

But if we was to get what we paid for him, I'd be more than happy.

I hate it when people say this but there is no other appropriate response..I am glad you are not running this club.

Incidently: In the last 3 seasons in the Premier League, only Peter Crouch (571) has won more aerial duels than Andy Carroll (537)

He is our in form striker and he is a waste of space to you?

in form? is playing okay for 3 games in form? the guy was dogbrick the majority of the season. We need to upgrade on him, simple as that. Adebayor won't be happy sitting on the bench behind someone much better than him and I'm not sure I want him sitting on the bench when he's on the wages he is. If someone puts in an offer of £5,000,000, fudge him off.

in form? is playing okay for 3 games in form? the guy was dogbrick the majority of the season. We need to upgrade on him, simple as that. Adebayor won't be happy sitting on the bench behind someone much better than him and I'm not sure I want him sitting on the bench when he's on the wages he is. If someone puts in an offer of £5,000,000, fudge him off.[/QUOTE]

I refer you to my original comment.

He had a better season than Adebayor. He's on less wages than Adebayor too.

Is he capable of playing at Adebayors (of the season previous) level? - because that's why Adebayor was signed and is paid what he is

No idea. Maybe? He's only 24.

Well then i don't quite see the relevance to what Adebayor earns, which you brought up - he was paid because he produced the goods for us whilst on loan - Carroll hasn't shown himself to be a 100k player in any way shape or form yet here he is signing a 4 (?) year deal for exactly that - beggars belief

Well then i don't quite see the relevance to what Adebayor earns, which you brought up - he was paid because he produced the goods for us whilst on loan - Carroll hasn't shown himself to be a 100k player in any way shape or form yet here he is signing a 4 (?) year deal for exactly that - beggars belief

But that was 2 seasons ago. I don't think Carroll is worth 100k at all, you're right. But he had a better season than Ade last year. Adebayor is no where near worth 100k neither by the way. The fact he had one of the worst seasons I've seen from a Spurs striker on top of getting paid what ever the fudge he does is shambolic.

I agree, but it looked like you was justifying Carrolls wages because he was better than Ade last season, when it was the season prior which earned Adebayor his contract.

Fwiw i think any forward we sign capable of producing to a level which Ade did in that season (30 goals/assists) will be on a similar wage, if not more. Unless we take a punt on an unproven player of course ;)

Is he capable of playing at Adebayors (of the season previous) level? - because that's why Adebayor was signed and is paid what he is

He played for about three months of the 11/12 campaign and was poor for the rest of it. I wonder how much he shone for us because of the strikers he replaced too. When you think the previous few seasons had seen us rely on the likes of Keane, Pavlyuchenko, Crouch and Defoe it's not exactly difficult to come in and impress the Spurs faithful. The guy has talent but doesn't seem to have the mental fortitude. Probably not surprising after what he went through. But if we want to perform to a higher level then he certainly needs to be upgraded, but that's easier said than done.

He played for about three months of the 11/12 campaign and was poor for the rest of it. I wonder how much he shone for us because of the strikers he replaced too. When you think the previous few seasons had seen us rely on the likes of Keane, Pavlyuchenko, Crouch and Defoe it's not exactly difficult to come in and impress the Spurs faithful. The guy has talent but doesn't seem to have the mental fortitude. Probably not surprising after what he went through. But if we want to perform to a higher level then he certainly needs to be upgraded, but that's easier said than done.

Only played well for 3 months? He scored 18 goals and created many others. Jesus, imagine he played well the whole season. Not only would be be the first player in the history of football to do so, he would also have smashed Clive Allen's record.

He seemed better because of who he replaced? FMD some people really do just make brick up to suit their personal opinion.

Back