• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players Out: Rumours and Discussion

I read a piece about Crystal Palace which stated they were interested in Livermore.

I know Jake is an England inter but he could not be sold for decent money right now IMO. I can see a loan deal then maybe he would be sold after.

I agree that his stock has dropped after this season. A loan and then move might be the best option. The whole thrust of the Palace article was how they weren't going to get carried away and were going to use a large chunk of the Prem windfall to redevelop Selhurst Park, so I doubt they'll be willing to pay a big fee for Jake. And who knows maybe a season of regular Prem football would see him develop into a useful bench option.

I think a loan to buy type move to Palace would be a great move for Livermore. Seeing there midfield this season a few times he could walk into that team and it may actually help his development being asked to be more influential.

With Valdes announcement that he is happy staying another year at Barca should we be worried about Lloris being targeted by Monaco?

Jan Vertonghen

Not sure if anyone else watches the YouTube videos by BT called Life's a Pitch, but they had rumor a few daysago about Barca maybe wanting Vertonghen. The journalist said he was on the list but not first choice. Has anyone heard anything about this?

[video]http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/laptv/two-minute-warning/reds-eye-zieler-camacho-to-arsenal-barca-want-vertonghen/[/video]

If mods think this belongs in another thread, please move it.

Re: Jan Vertonghen

I prefer the rumour about Koscielny being the centre back that Barcelona are potentially after. Koscielny has been fantastic for Arsenal over the past couple of seasons and I think amongst Arsenal's top 2 or 3 players at the moment. A centre back with technique, ability to read the game and who scores goals, those are the attributes that link both Vertonghen and Koscielny and so reflect the type of centre back that Barcelona are potentially after.

I would think that Vertonghen would be perfect for Barcelona but he is perfect for us too, so here's to him staying for a long time to come!!

Tottenham Hotspur

Jack Patrick Barthram

David Michael Bentley

John Bostock

William Gallas

Jack Frederick Munns

Jake Charlie Nicholson

Sandro and Vert are the missing pieces to the Barca team. I know Sandro has not got the passing ability as the rest of the Barca squad but you don't really need it when you can just give the ball to Xavi every time.

Eh? Barca is one of the best teams at defending in the world.

tumblr_lthhihJULx1r4alnuo1_500.jpg

as Yiddo posted not sure if serious? they have Mascherano at CB most games ffs. Thing is doesn't usually matter as Messi just bangs in another if they need it

Mascherano is one of the best defensive players in the world, so don't see your point?
Do you think you win La Liga with 100 points, 15 ahead of Madrid with a brick defence? Also, Madrid under Mourinho has been rather defensive minded, and they still conceded more goals than Barca.

Back