• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players Out: Rumours and Discussion

I think if Lennon was to leave or be dropped we would have to look at replacing Walker, or at least teach him to stay back. Lennon bales him out so many times with his tracking. Watching the Inter game and Liverpool game most of their goals came from their left hand side with Cassano and Coutinho/Enrique I believe running circle around Walker. I think it was no coincidence we struggled/lost when Lennon was out during that week

I'm a massive Lennon fan, I always seem to be sticking up for him, but I do think the right wing forward is a position AVB will be looking for, someone more direct and attacking than Lennon. However, no way should we be looking to sell him, that's crazy, we'll hopefully be playing the best part of 60 games next season, we need him and he is an excellant player on his day, just maybe not as suited to AVB's preferred system.

AVB's 4-3-3 at Porto was wonky up top - he still had Varela who played out wide, whilst Hulk on the other flank cut in.

David Bentley in March:

"I'm out of contract with Tottenham in the summer and I will re-evaluate what I do then, but at the minute I'm just enjoying playing.

"I spent a bit of time out not playing and it did my brain in.

"I was in Russia for a little bit and enjoyed my time out there. It was a different experience altogether and changed me as a person - it opened my eyes."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/383801/David-Bentley-s-not-too-worried-about-Blackburn-Rovers-future

over 25 mill down the drain.Bet Levy cannot stand the sight of him

AVB's 4-3-3 at Porto was wonky up top - he still had Varela who played out wide, whilst Hulk on the other flank cut in.

Yes, Varela kept width on the left while Hulk cut inwards from the right.
If we can't hold onto Bale for the long term, then it could be likely to see Lennon staying out right, while we look for a new right footed player that can go inward from the left.
Lennon is a good man to have either way, will definitely be needed in coming years.

Yes, Varela kept width on the left while Hulk cut inwards from the right.
If we can't hold onto Bale for the long term, then it could be likely to see Lennon staying out right, while we look for a new right footed player that can go inward from the left.
Lennon is a good man to have either way, will definitely be needed in coming years.

I think if Bale stays it will only be for a year, and we'll have a more than capable RW cover in Townsend.

I'm really not sure what Lennon's role will be especially with Bale more prominently on that right side. Lennon's greatest ability is to get to the end line and send in a cross from that right side, not cutting in from the left...

I think if Bale stays it will only be for a year, and we'll have a more than capable RW cover in Townsend.

I'm really not sure what Lennon's role will be especially with Bale more prominently on that right side. Lennon's greatest ability is to get to the end line and send in a cross from that right side, not cutting in from the left...

Which is the problem. If we will have Bale cutting in it'll be from the right, with Townsend as an able backup, so who would be on the left to keep the width?

The answer to that wouldn't be Lennon.

With West Ham reportedly bidding £15m for Andy Carroll could this be the best summer in quite a few years to sell players to the Premiership?

Loads of clubs getting extra money, probably burning a hole in the pockets of quite a few managers already. Could see us do some very good outgoing deals this summer.

hopefully - most the players we will be outing are premiership proven so you'd expect there to be decent interest in them from your mid-lower mid table teams which take on these types of players.

Which is the problem. If we will have Bale cutting in it'll be from the right, with Townsend as an able backup, so who would be on the left to keep the width?

The answer to that wouldn't be Lennon.

Townsend would be able to fill the role on the left.

Madness to even think of selling Lennon, without him we are not as dangerous going forward, hopefully we may get a few million for Hudd though.

By all accounts Real Madrid are desperate to sign Tottenham winger Gareth Bale and the Daily Star is now reporting on a new offer that may well give White Hart Lane chairman Daniel Levy something to think about.

The Spanish giants are ready to offer £43m, some way below Tottenham’s apparent valuation of the 23 year old Welsh international, as well as the choice of a quartet of Real Madrid talents who could help sweeten the deal.

Bernabeu president Florentino Perez is keen to bring in a massive signing to take the club’s supporters minds attention away from what has been a very bad season for Real Madrid and will hope that capturing Bale would help his chances of re-election.

The La Liga side are willing to more than match the contract offer Tottenham are currently lining up for Bale and clearly the chance to compete in the Champions League and for major honours in general may well tempt the former Southampton man to consider his future at White Hart Lane.

Madrid have offered Spurs the choice of four players as makeweights in any deal – Pepe, Marcelo, Gonzalo Higuain and Angel di Maria.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/05/23/real-madrid-offer-43m-plus-choice-of-quartet-in-mammoth-player-swap-offer-for-tottenham-attacker-gareth-bale/

By all accounts Real Madrid are desperate to sign Tottenham winger Gareth Bale and the Daily Star is now reporting on a new offer that may well give White Hart Lane chairman Daniel Levy something to think about.

The Spanish giants are ready to offer £43m, some way below Tottenham’s apparent valuation of the 23 year old Welsh international, as well as the choice of a quartet of Real Madrid talents who could help sweeten the deal.

Bernabeu president Florentino Perez is keen to bring in a massive signing to take the club’s supporters minds attention away from what has been a very bad season for Real Madrid and will hope that capturing Bale would help his chances of re-election.

The La Liga side are willing to more than match the contract offer Tottenham are currently lining up for Bale and clearly the chance to compete in the Champions League and for major honours in general may well tempt the former Southampton man to consider his future at White Hart Lane.

Madrid have offered Spurs the choice of four players as makeweights in any deal – Pepe, Marcelo, Gonzalo Higuain and Angel di Maria.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/05/23/real-madrid-offer-43m-plus-choice-of-quartet-in-mammoth-player-swap-offer-for-tottenham-attacker-gareth-bale/

4 players and 43 mill? :-k

i think its possible that we see 4-5 outs and maybe only 2 ins.
still need money for the stadium, and that is going to be a big factor

I think only 2 "big" ins. Striker and creative player.

Anything else will depend on who leaves and there will probably be a couple of surprises as squaddies.

Back