• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Player Meeting

Modric THFC

Jimmy McCormick
I think this deserves its own thread and not get lost in the mix of Sherwood / Sherwood replacement threads.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9210399?

Sandro reveals how Tottenham held angry crisis meeting

Sandro has backed Tim Sherwood's scathing assessment of Tottenham and revealed how the squad held an angry meeting after the heavy Chelsea defeat.

Tottenham's hopes of a Premier League top-four finish were severely dented by Saturday's 4-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge and head coach Sherwood lambasted his side, accusing them of lacking character.

The players were also branded too 'nice' by their angry boss, but Sandro has shed light on how his team-mates vented their frustrations in a lengthy dressing room inquest.

"We spent more than two hours in a meeting amongst the players and we said what we had to say," he said.

"From now on, we know that we all have to listen when anyone says something. It was after the manager's conference with the press.

"We had a meeting with the players. Sometimes one player got a bit more stressed out and we tried to calm him down and talk in a nice way. We spent about two hours that way. Every player had their fair share to say, put it that way. We all spoke amongst ourselves.

"For me, to be honest, it helped a lot because now I can go and tell another player, and another player can tell me. The manager likes it. Everyone can go for it now, and I think it will help.

"I think that is positive from ourselves and we have to show in the next match that we can do much better. And we will prove that. I am sure we will show much more character in the next matches."

Former Spurs boss Glenn Hoddle raised concerns about Sherwood's outburst, but Sandro insists he repeated his media comments to the players.

"He said the same thing to us as what he said to the press," the 24-year-old said.

"I know the manager is with us and we are with the manager. We need to show a bit more in the next match to tell the manager that we care. We will do that.

"Sometimes when you lose games in that way everyone gets cross and we all scream and shout.

"Maybe some managers shout more than others. (Former manager Andre) Villas-Boas, for example, liked to pull you aside and have a nice chat to you to explain things.

"But other managers are more vocal. As professional football players, we have to work with all managers and do our best for them and for us."

Sandro hopes a fired-up Spurs side will produce a response in Thursday's Europa League last-16 first-leg clash with Benfica.

"After a match like this (against Chelsea) we were all upset with what happened on the pitch and I think we have to put in some more effort than we

did," he said.

"The manager said we need to show more character. Maybe it is that. We have this big game against Benfica, where we can show that we are better than that."

If he leaves at the end of the season, I think ALL Spurs fans, Scara and GB included, will be grateful to Sherwood for this, if nothing else.

Yep Sandro is saying the right things....hope others adopt this attitude...

proof will be in the pudding from now on.....Two hours...just hope everyone said what they needed to.....poison extracted....go forth with a better mentality rom now on.

Will be very interesting to see who gets the captain's armband, now that Daws is out. Will say a lot if it's Vertonghen. Some players might have thrown their names in the hat, or maybe taken names out of the hat.

Well, it sounds as though we've all had Character 8.1 installed [sic] and we're good to go. Can we anticipate an upgrade to version 8.2 following the inevitable defeats v Benfica and Аrѕenhole? Comes with a free Platitudes 11 toolbar, I hear.

From the first season had a thought, that Sandro deserves to become a career-long captain.
Hopefully this meeting will provide positives before two most important matches of the season.

a group of mainly new players from the past two seasons all having an open and honest conversation amongst each other??.....brilliant.

It's good to hear that they at least care enough to have a heated discussion about the state of affairs. I just want to see a TEAM in the next few matches, maybe the results will be beyond us because of our opposition, effort and teamwork has to be seen now.
On a side note it's interesting that the 'ITK's missed this big showdown and we haven't heard any info from them about this, but I guess we will now it's been in the press!

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

Yep Sandro is saying the right things....hope others adopt this attitude...

proof will be in the pudding from now on.....Two hours...just hope everyone said what they needed to.....poison extracted....go forth with a better mentality rom now on.

Exactly this. Too often our players have talked the talk before big games but then haven't walk the walk. Actions speak louder than words. Will be watching closely for this "new" approach.

And out of the ashes, the new club captain was born!

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but Sandro was rotaed to do the media bit for this game (hence why he is reporting this).

There's nothing to suggest that Dawson, Verts, Lloris or Kaboul weren't the main instigator of it.

Anyone else think this sounds a little like a PR exercise?
yeah me.
if true then means they weren't doing all those communication and concern about results before? thats even more unbelievable!

not the first time either. players were backing avb right to the death. if anythimg then sherwood must surely be on the way out as levy needs to pull all the strings in his negotiation with the new guy

Last edited:
On the Sky gossip it simply says.. ''Spurs players had to calm a player down during clear the air talks''

Wow, some top reporting there ;)

Also, Wouldn't it just be be typical Spurs to now come out all huffing and puffing for the first half tonight and impressing us all before then conceding a crazy deflected goal, then having 2 players stretchered off and then a player sent off before capitulating.

Our players are always opening their mouths to the press with statements of intent in the "build-up" to the NLD. It seldom ends well.

For me, Sandro should be in contention for the armband. He leads by example and is a figure and character that gets stuck in.

Vertonghen would be my choice, until he started hinting for a move away

I love Dawson, but he is clearly lacking the pace needed against the best. This also affects some of his judgment on the pitch. He doesnt think fast enough to compensate for the lack of pace.

Back