• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Player Meeting

Our players are always opening their mouths to the press with statements of intent in the "build-up" to the NLD. It seldom ends well.

Ha. Our players have a habit of opening their mouths before every big game and then end up more often than not losing. Its been a regular thing over the past few years.

I love Dawson, but he is clearly lacking the pace needed against the best. He doesnt think fast enough to compensate for the lack of pace.

Nice work F10.

Apart from the fact that Kaboul was tying his bootlaces just before Vertonghen slipped over against Chelski and was still waking up as Eto'o raced past him to pick up the loose ball.

Don't forget the part where Dawson sprinted back and got a challenge in but the ball went through his legs as he dived in, i.e. he did get there but his legs were apart.

So Dawson was much faster than Kaboul to react.
Dawson was much faster than Kaboul to race back (Kaboul just stood there mouth agape, bootlaces nicely tied up) with Vertonghen also floundering.
And Dawson was fast enough to get back and challenge.

But yeah, Dawson is too slow and doesn't think fast enough?

Nice work F10.

Apart from the fact that Kaboul was tying his bootlaces just before Vertonghen slipped over against Chelski and was still waking up as Eto'o raced past him to pick up the loose ball.

Don't forget the part where Dawson sprinted back and got a challenge in but the ball went through his legs as he dived in, i.e. he did get there but his legs were apart.

Dawson was much faster than Kaboul to race back (Kaboul just stood there mouth agape, bootlaces nicely tied up) with Vertonghen also floundering.

One incident. Doesn't really prove anything either way.

Nice work F10.

I still think so, yeah

Thats one incident. How many times has his pace and legwork been outdone by opposing strikers? Been caught out of position because of crossing runs or just pure pace. Now not many central defenders are lightning quick, but i think we need to play Kaboul into shape. He is one of the clubs quickest players and a monster when he is in form. Kaboul and Vertonghen are miles and miles ahead of Dawson/anyone imho. But thats just my opinion.

Dawson wears his heart outside our shirt and bleeds for Spurs and he is awesome in the air. But when we play more and more teams that attacks by playing the ball, he should be a backup and only that...sadly

Back