• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

Individually it's hard to say anyone has played particularly well this season, even our top scorer has been poor for large spells of most games tbh PEH has had more than his share of key moments (goals and assists) so in with a shout but I'm not a fan of his general play and in a key position such as CM i think it actually contributes to our slow build up.

Agree, he's limited technically, not as bad as a Freund but limited. A top team wouldn't / couldn't accept that and if you look at deep lying midfielders in other teams like Fabinho, Rodri, Kovacic, Jorginho, Casemiro etc they all use the ball better than PEH. I think he possibly is more valuable in teams which are struggling and out of possession more given that he gives 110% and is a grafter, and I agree that he slows us down

fevJsM5O_400x400.png

Which one is PEH and which one is Bentancur?
Bentancur is doing the work of three men. PEH is the one pointing.

Agree, he's limited technically, not as bad as a Freund but limited. A top team wouldn't / couldn't accept that and if you look at deep lying midfielders in other teams like Fabinho, Rodri, Kovacic, Jorginho, Casemiro etc they all use the ball better than PEH. I think he possibly is more valuable in teams which are struggling and out of possession more given that he gives 110% and is a grafter, and I agree that he slows us down
He's not really a deep lying midfielder, he's much better when pushed up and part of a press.

Agree, he's limited technically, not as bad as a Freund but limited.

I disagree. I think, relative to the standards of the Prem (which have gone up massively since the early 2000s), he is exactly now what Freund was then - a technically limited point-and-shout grafter.

Late in the game, Bissouma got the ball on the edge of the box, dropped a shoulder and swerved past two City players to set us away, passing to Kulu on the break (who then messed it up, but still).

Hojbjerg is physically incapable of doing that even if given 1,000 tries at it.

I know Conte likes him because he sees himself in him - a tactically astute, physical, technically-limited midfield grafter.

But we have another of those now in Benta, who fulfills the exact same role + is much, much more skilled on the ball than Hojbjerg ever could be. I think eventually, Conte will see that and drop Hoj when our injury crisis is over. I hope, anyway.

I disagree. I think, relative to the standards of the Prem (which have gone up massively since the early 2000s), he is exactly now what Freund was then - a technically limited point-and-shout grafter.

Late in the game, Bissouma got the ball on the edge of the box, dropped a shoulder and swerved past two City players to set us away, passing to Kulu on the break (who then messed it up, but still).

Hojbjerg is physically incapable of doing that even if given 1,000 tries at it.

I know Conte likes him because he sees himself in him - a tactically astute, physical, technically-limited midfield grafter.

But we have another of those now in Benta, who fulfills the exact same role + is much, much more skilled on the ball than Hojbjerg ever could be. I think eventually, Conte will see that and drop Hoj when our injury crisis is over. I hope, anyway.

Bissouma can do some things that Hojbjerg can't, for sure. But he's not shown himself to be an upgrade on Hojbjerg overall so far. People dislike Hojbjerg's passing, but Bissouma has been worse imo. 1-2 good swivels a game doesn't change that.

Hojbjerg isn't good enough to make us step up another level. But right now, looking at this team. Looking at the performances of Sessegnon and Perisic at LWB. Of Lloris and knowing that we have limited quality in Forster as his backup. The form of Son. The limitations of Doherty and Emerson at RWB. The centre backs.

A lot of issues that are much bigger than PEH.

Would be good if Bissouma, Skipp or Sarr proved themselves better than PEH. Not seeing it so far.

Really good again. Remains somewhat limited on the ball, but when we're not missing key players and playing well as a team it's really not a big issue.

The amount of work and discipline from him and Bentancur in there. I know we dropped into a 5-4-1 at times, Kulusevski and Son did well defensively and were fairly narrow. Centre backs did well to step up. The outnumbered thing gets overstated imo. But him and Bentancur need to be so consistent to make it work, and just about always they are.

Great job.

Should have scored to cap the performance. We lacked a bit of cool infront of goal truth be told. We are normally more clinical.

Really good again. Remains somewhat limited on the ball, but when we're not missing key players and playing well as a team it's really not a big issue.

The amount of work and discipline from him and Bentancur in there. I know we dropped into a 5-4-1 at times, Kulusevski and Son did well defensively and were fairly narrow. Centre backs did well to step up. The outnumbered thing gets overstated imo. But him and Bentancur need to be so consistent to make it work, and just about always they are.

Great job.
We outnumbered their midfielders today
I couldn’t work out what system they were playing but it looked like 2-1-1-4-2

Back