• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

You could be right. My bad. Either way, it was real schoolboy defending. I’d never really seen Porro play but everything I’d heard suggested he isn’t good defensively but is good going forward. It really looked that way today. He didn’t even have the basics. Early days but he looks like he’ll cough up chances to me.
He isn’t a great defender
But he is a great attacker
He will be very different with Romero behind him I’m sure

A brutal debut.
Mind you, Chimbonda was EXCELLENT on debut.
So who knows what will happen over the next 36 months.
But Jeez that was awkward.
Let's hope he can do a Lisandro Martinez turnaround! I think it takes a few games to get used to the tempo in the PL and since I believe he is a good player I hope it is just to get used to the tempo. Also remember Kulusevski did not look good first two games either, but he was eased in to the team as a sub and in the third game (I think he started) he was great!

Let's hope he can do a Lisandro Martinez turnaround! I think it takes a few games to get used to the tempo in the PL and since I believe he is a good player I hope it is just to get used to the tempo. Also remember Kulusevski did not look good first two games either, but he was eased in to the team as a sub and in the third game (I think he started) he was great!

There were a couple of little flashes of what he can do on the ball. I'm sure when he gets up to speed, he'll deliver on that front.

Defensively I'd have massive concerns. He needs a lot of work because some of his errors were just flat out basic defending and positioning. He'll need a lot of defensive support IMO. It's only his debut so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but, at this point, he looks to be the exact opposite of Emerson.

Early days for fudges sake.

Indeed it is silly to judge a player on their first appearance.

My concern about this signing is that he is a dedicated wingback signed for Conte, a manager who has failed to commit himself beyond this season.

It would be so typical that we get a manager in the summer who will want to play with a back 4

Indeed it is silly to judge a player on their first appearance.

My concern about this signing is that he is a dedicated wingback signed for Conte, a manager who has failed to commit himself beyond this season.

It would be so typical that we get a manager in the summer who will want to play with a back 4
He could play RB but you would lose his strengths
He could play RW in a 4-2-3-1 and move Kulu central
That would work

Right mid is right wing in the modern game
But I didn’t think he actually played that many games at girona

Going by Whoscored.com he was/he became their first choice RWB the season before City signed him 25 starts 7 sub appearences

Going by Whoscored.com he was/he became their first choice RWB the season before City signed him 25 starts 7 sub appearances
He definitely came in for a winger initially as that’s where he had been playing (from what I’ve read. I saw him play one game as I watched Girona when city brought them. Can’t say I remember him though
But his skill set IMo could suit a wide right un a 4-2-3-1

Can be difficult for a new player defensively coming into a new system and league, particularly when the team around him isn't exactly fully functioning.

Probably has some real defensive issues that needs to be worked on over time if he's going to become the great player we're hoping for. But some of what we saw could also just be issues that will get better in a couple of weeks with training and a bit of game time.

Didn't really get the chances to show what he can do offensively, we didn't play well enough as a team and Leicester did a good job stopping us from playing. Showed some glimpses tough, good to see. Hoping for much more to come.

With Sessegnon injured, Doherty released, Spence on loan and Perisic up there in years it will be interesting to see if either him or Emerson will have to play on the left at some point.

I'm not sure I've seen someone who looks so little like a footballer since first season Sissoko. He looks like he's got holes in his feet the way he just can't control the ball.

I do hope/think he can turn it round. But it's a bit of a ridiculous situation that we've got liabilities in him and Perisic in the team at the moment, whilst Spence and Regulion are out playing for someone else.

Let’s be patient with him. He’s hardly played for us. And we have Emerson Royal in the team so it’s not essential that Pedro Porro is perfect immediately. Give him time and let’s see what happens over the next year.

Back