• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

I'm not sure I've seen someone who looks so little like a footballer since first season Sissoko. He looks like he's got holes in his feet the way he just can't control the ball.

I do hope/think he can turn it round. But it's a bit of a ridiculous situation that we've got liabilities in him and Perisic in the team at the moment, whilst Spence and Regulion are out playing for someone else.
I thought he wasn't bad at all yesterday. It is apparent that he's way better offensively than defensively. That cross to Son though was amazing. His delivery is one of his greatest strengths. As @El Guepardo said, give him some time. That was his second appearance for us after coming in mid-season. Not all players can just slot in like Bentancur and Kulu did, and maybe it's because they have a background playing in Seria A that they're so comfortable in Conte's system.

Overall, I think it was something to build on but for sure he needs to do better. Then again, so do half the team. Son and Richarlison were just smashing the ball into players or not connecting passes, PEH headed the ball and almost got an assist for Coulibaly, our whole back three was at best average... all fans need to have some perspective.

I've not seen much of him but could we not have played him in front of royal last night instead of moura, filling in for kulu?
If the game is going well sub royal with moura and drop him back into his natural rwb role.

I wasn't convinced by him going forward - he seemed to either dribble the ball out of play, or check back inside to get Sarr to try and do something creative. He just didn't seem much of a threat once he got the ball.

I thought he wasn't bad at all yesterday. It is apparent that he's way better offensively than defensively. That cross to Son though was amazing. His delivery is one of his greatest strengths. As @El Guepardo said, give him some time. That was his second appearance for us after coming in mid-season. Not all players can just slot in like Bentancur and Kulu did, and maybe it's because they have a background playing in Seria A that they're so comfortable in Conte's system.

Overall, I think it was something to build on but for sure he needs to do better. Then again, so do half the team. Son and Richarlison were just smashing the ball into players or not connecting passes, PEH headed the ball and almost got an assist for Coulibaly, our whole back three was at best average... all fans need to have some perspective.

There was a brilliant 60 yard crossfield ball. But that was about it all game.

I appreciate there's adjusting to a new country/league etc., but lets not forget that he did 3 summers/pre-seasons for Emirates Marketing Project.

I appreciate there's adjusting to a new country/league etc., but lets not forget that he did 3 summers/pre-seasons for Emirates Marketing Project.
Agreed in that he should do better. And I get Royal was being played out of position so I think most fans gave him that benefit of the doubt, but look at him now. It took around a full season but he got there (hopefully). Let's just give Porro some time before we make real conclusions. I have a hunch City will want him back eventually, especially with Walker getting older.

I wasn't convinced by him going forward - he seemed to either dribble the ball out of play, or check back inside to get Sarr to try and do something creative. He just didn't seem much of a threat once he got the ball.

I wouldn't judge anyone on last tbh, we all know what they are capable of, good and bad, he doesn't and that must be so difficult to xome into.

Those summers and pre seasons do not represent playing in this country
Training is no substitute for playing real games

Let’s be patient with him. He’s hardly played for us. And we have Emerson Royal in the team so it’s not essential that Pedro Porro is perfect immediately. Give him time and let’s see what happens over the next year.
Who would have thought we'd be saying that one month ago!

Reactions: DTA
Who would have thought we'd be saying that one month ago!

Definitely not me. That should be the lesson in itself to get behind our team and just be the supporters to the club and team that we claim to be. Get behind every player as irrespective of form, they’re all one of our own. I’m sure no one intends to be brick and if we can get behind them then if they’re good - great, and if not then hopefully the encouragement helps their confidence and they can grow with it.

Absolutely fine last night imo. Let’s not forget he wants to be playing the game in the other half and due to our timid nature and lack of drive we barely maintained any pressure upfield.

Also - for him to feature going forward, he will want a left footer playing in front of him cutting in (Kulu) and probably would be nice to play with Kane/Bentancur who would find him regularly with build up play.

I thought all ingredients were against him last night and he did ok.

On Sunday against Chelsea we regularly worked it to Emerson in a dangerous position who elected not to cross/delivered average. Last night Porro was lucky if he got worked into position once the whole game.

Wasn’t you the one saying Kulu was to slow and not mobile enough after his first appearance?

No no that's Kanes job
Yeah, I know....
It still amazes me that someone who is that good at striking the ball, and can finish from every possible position, is so utterly useless at taking free kicks!
Even more amazing is that he still get to take them/doesn't seem to realise that he's fuxking useless at it!

It seems someone else is allowed one go, and only one, now and again, but if they miss, it's Kane again the next 10 times.

Logic suggests he’s smacking them in all of the time in training

if it looks so obvious from the outside, it’s likely that those on the inside have far more knowledge

Yeah, I know....
It still amazes me that someone who is that good at striking the ball, and can finish from every possible position, is so utterly useless at taking free kicks!
Even more amazing is that he still get to take them/doesn't seem to realise that he's fuxking useless at it!

It seems someone else is allowed one go, and only one, now and again, but if they miss, it's Kane again the next 10 times.

It should be a sackable offence for next manager, written into his contract.

Back