• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

I thought you wanted more risk and owner investment?

Now you want sustainable sensible spending?

To be fair I think what's being asked for is both. Sustainability, but also with some risk.

For me at least we're taking a solid amount of risk at the moment. Sensible risk, but definitely not insignificant. If the majority of signings over the last couple of years had ended up like Ndombele, GLC or Sessegnon we'd see the downside of that risk for years to come. Both financially (loan to buy, installments) and being stuck with underperforming players for years. Probably more managerial upheaval and probably a need to step back to more or less a full rebuild.

We have to be in a position to deal with those negative outcomes if they happen. And for that reason I'm doubtful of calls for more risk.

Luckily, so far at least, we seem to have a good hit rate with our transfers.

To bring it back to Porro hopefully he'll slot in nicely in the success category for signings.

200m a good step forward, but still falls short. How much would have been enough for you this season?

I get that we need to sustain things. I'm hoping that if we succeed with the current squad building there will be less of a need for big spending every year, but we'll see.

Obviously the numbers the club mentioned were post the stadium being completed. I think it's rather natural that there's a change after that.

Tough in the years after that the pandemic obviously has limited our spending. The cash injection I think was less than reported lost revenue during the pandemic so perhaps the spending we've seen in recent years can be more or less sustainable. If we succeed on the pitch, and if we avoid making repeated big errors in the transfer market and with managerial appointments.

Sounds ideal but in reality ... we, like most clubs will either get lucky with managerial appointments and player recruitment or not.

The plan is with Paratici to try to limit that aspect of luck, however levy, the fans have to trust the process and not just jump from one ship to another when a season doesn't go to plan.

In the past I have not really seen consistency with levy but I'm willing to hang my hat on it that currently the club is structured correctly and with a little patience and a few key players coming in we will be more than just competitive.

200m a good step forward, but still falls short. How much would have been enough for you this season?

I get that we need to sustain things. I'm hoping that if we succeed with the current squad building there will be less of a need for big spending every year, but we'll see.

Obviously the numbers the club mentioned were post the stadium being completed. I think it's rather natural that there's a change after that.

Tough in the years after that the pandemic obviously has limited our spending. The cash injection I think was less than reported lost revenue during the pandemic so perhaps the spending we've seen in recent years can be more or less sustainable. If we succeed on the pitch, and if we avoid making repeated big errors in the transfer market and with managerial appointments.
Better players in CB and/or LCB positions. Real talent like Bastoni, gvardiol etc.

I'd say then onus is fully on Conte. Enic is off the hook for me. Should have no excuse for not getting top four.

Next transfer window we've got to get a LW, keeper, and we are going to have to pay up on commitments. So budget will be tight again! Also will be much harder if we're not in the CL.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

ah you judge me too quickly.

have you considered that i would stop moaning if enic is convincgly acting to stay into top 4.
spending in top 4 would be a significant step towards that.
top 4 for the academy.

because i think staying in top 4 is realistic for a club with a 1b debt business model.

and it would do wonders for the brand and image of the club and instead of the strugglling with the aftermaths of continued false dawns we might get into a positive spiral and see the club attract talents of all ages, win footballing accolades and attract sponsors. Then it would give meaning to our wonderful stadium and footballing academy and history.
No, I don't judge you too quickly at all. Every comment you make is negative. Could be the best party ever going and the air of negativity around you would empty the place in 2 mins.

We don't have a 1b debt business model, that isn't a business model.

Have you considered that ENIC are acting in a way to stay in the top 4 long term by looking to generate income to reinvest in the club and not relying on the whims of a billionaire or oil country?

The brand and image of the club has constantly improved under ENIC and the club has consistently attracted top talent. Not all those signings has worked out but we do make them.

Can I not want both?

The original point however was that you wanted us to go from 5th to 4th highest spenders - i told you that we were already 4th highest spenders and further to that, inline with your post here regarding wanting both owner investment and sustainable spending it is a mix of both that has meant we are at the level you wanted - yet go figure, as usual you are still somehow finding something to complain about, despite what you say you wanted being a reality.

Why don't you feel enic can do more to try to win things?

What makes you think that i don't?

Last edited:
Can I not want both?
Why don't you feel enic can do more to try to win things?

What can they do in order to win things? We had 2 of our most exciting and balanced teams we have had since the 60’s under Redknapp and Poch and arguably Poch’s best 11 were the best team in the league. Is this Enic’s fault we bottled finals and semi finals? The Enic out phalanx are talking like we are not the 5th/6th biggest spenders in the league. Up against clubs who can outspend us no matter what we spend.

The realisation is we are 1 of the best run clubs in world football, have the best training facilities and stadium in world football and we spend over £100m per season on transfers.

Better players in CB and/or LCB positions. Real talent like Bastoni, gvardiol etc.

I'd say then onus is fully on Conte. Enic is off the hook for me. Should have no excuse for not getting top four.

Next transfer window we've got to get a LW, keeper, and we are going to have to pay up on commitments. So budget will be tight again! Also will be much harder if we're not in the CL.

So another 60m, or another 140m. I think we all would have wanted Gvardiol or Bastoni of course. But that's a ton of money. One of the top 5 or 10 spendiest transfer windows ever by anyone based on a quick look online. If that's the standard to be happy with spending under Levy then that's the standard apparently.

Most of the things you say about the much window was true last summer too. Will be interesting to see how much can be spent, but will probably depend quite a bit on what we can do with outgoings.

Sounds ideal but in reality ... we, like most clubs will either get lucky with managerial appointments and player recruitment or not.

The plan is with Paratici to try to limit that aspect of luck, however levy, the fans have to trust the process and not just jump from one ship to another when a season doesn't go to plan.

In the past I have not really seen consistency with levy but I'm willing to hang my hat on it that currently the club is structured correctly and with a little patience and a few key players coming in we will be more than just competitive.

I have high hopes for Porro in that regard. Could be one of those key players. And let's stick with it as long as the short term results are close to acceptable at least instead of getting stuck in a constant change spiral.

I too believe in the current structure. But of course the uncertainty over both Paratici and Conte unfortunately could lead to your first point, can we get lucky with another appointment.

For me personally i think he should. Porro for the teams that are more defensive. Emerson start against the ones that have more possession. Maybe too soon though.

Porro start tomorrow, and similarly Lenglet

Then Royal and Davies on Tues

WOuld also like Richie to start one of them too

Porro start tomorrow, and similarly Lenglet

Then Royal and Davies on Tues

WOuld also like Richie to start one of them too

I take it instead of son? We still have danjuma to give a run aswell.

Good choices to have.

Brazil no 9 or someone who didnt make the Dutch world cup squad and is only on loan with us?

Easy decision
Depends on the position though right? Brazil's number 9 doesn't play on the left for them. So an indirect comparison. Personally I'd like to see Danjuma just because we already know what Richie offers.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We could have and it's a valid argument. We didn't though, we spent the money on a stadium that levy felt would give us guaranteed income.
with conte getting that miracle champions league place end of last season, it felt like deja vu again.
we could have kicked on - spent fully that 150m equity and whatever annual budget we had -to improve the team. we did in the summer but we didn't really do so with obvious weakness in CB and Keeper positions. If we don't get CL this season it will be another "we could have" season.

You are either an imbecile, or deliberately trying to annoy people, or a flat-earther who refuses to listen to facts, or all three.
apologies if i riled you up. i just think that people need to see that there is a possibility that enic is using the club to bankroll and accumulate non footballing assets MORE than success on the pitch. I get that its all a gamble and i want Enic to take more risks. Perhaps postpone cinemas to get a quality CB this season - with Conte and while it still possible to get Champions League placings.

No, I don't judge you too quickly at all. Every comment you make is negative. Could be the best party ever going and the air of negativity around you would empty the place in 2 mins.

We don't have a 1b debt business model, that isn't a business model.

Have you considered that ENIC are acting in a way to stay in the top 4 long term by looking to generate income to reinvest in the club and not relying on the whims of a billionaire or oil country?

The brand and image of the club has constantly improved under ENIC and the club has consistently attracted top talent. Not all those signings has worked out but we do make them.

you judge me too quickly again. search my posts - not all are negatives. only those you see and remember.

Levy has admitted that the top clubs are blowing us out of the water and in effect saying that te Enic model can't compete with them/ It follow that it will be hard to win anything if this continues. But yay, we have a sustainable business model.

Depends on the position though right? Brazil's number 9 doesn't play on the left for them. So an indirect comparison. Personally I'd like to see Danjuma just because we already know what Richie offers.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
And he has better control to the ball and is much more like the player we have on that side already

Back