• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

That £200m figure is confusing. On an official statement they might massage the truth but aren't going to outright lie. But it does leave £40-50m unaccounted for even counting romero. Agents fees? Something else?

Agent fees and inaccuracies in reported fees could make up that difference I believe. Could be the Kulusevski money I guess as Bedfordspurs brought up.

Agree with you that they wouldn't outright lie.

In general I think agent fees are often underestimated. Particularly when we did quite a lot of deals that probably adds up quite a bit.

You may be right but kulu was january. Probably never find out.
No his signing trigger was when we qualified for the CL
That was the summer so I’m just assuming they may have allocated the money for then as thats when the commitment was triggered
And your right though… it’s unlikely we will find out

Agent fees and inaccuracies in reported fees could make up that difference I believe. Could be the Kulusevski money I guess as Bedfordspurs brought up.

Agree with you that they wouldn't outright lie.

In general I think agent fees are often underestimated. Particularly when we did quite a lot of deals that probably adds up quite a bit.
Clubs counting the Porro and Deki money in their quotes as far as I can tell based on the comments made. The money is committed to both

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Clubs counting the Porro and Deki money in their quotes as far as I can tell based on the comments made. The money is committed to both

For Porro and the January window that seems clear by their comments. They word themselves differently for the summer.

"In addition to the summer investment of over £200m we have committed to a further £47m spend this January."

The way I read that it's not clearly talking about a commitment to spend on Kulusevski, though that could be the case. Based on what I've seen in the past regarding agent fees I think it could just as easily be that.

For Porro and the January window that seems clear by their comments. They word themselves differently for the summer.

"In addition to the summer investment of over £200m we have committed to a further £47m spend this January."

The way I read that it's not clearly talking about a commitment to spend on Kulusevski, though that could be the case. Based on what I've seen in the past regarding agent fees I think it could just as easily be that.
Yeh I think the fact they clearly include Porro means they are, for consistency, probably including the Deki money too.

I'm sure there are loads of extras included also such as loan fees, agency fees etc..

If they get into the top 4 then you'll be moaning they should be in top 3, then top 2. Even if they spend the most you'll find something to moan about.

And interestingly one of those clubs ahead are now in the deep stuff with the league over those finances so maybe, just maybe, the boards view on sustainable income being the way forward to fund clubs is about to come true? Certainly seems with the new rules incoming that its likely to be the most sensible way and the gap likely to decrease

And interestingly one of those clubs ahead are now in the deep stuff with the league over those finances so maybe, just maybe, the boards view on sustainable income being the way forward to fund clubs is about to come true? Certainly seems with the new rules incoming that its likely to be the most sensible way and the gap likely to decrease

I don't think it will ever become "the" way forward. Teams will find ways to get ahead through spending big money. If we had the option of injecting more money and earlier it could have made a significant difference.

Though I think we agree. It's been a way forward for us and will continue to be a viable strategy from this point. Will be interesting to see how those new regulations impacts things. Us having the new stadium in place is clearly a huge benefit and those new regulations may increase that benefit somewhat at least.

No his signing trigger was when we qualified for the CL
That was the summer so I’m just assuming they may have allocated the money for then as thats when the commitment was triggered
And your right though… it’s unlikely we will find out

The cl trigger is this season not last. We could have made his deal permanent last summer for €30m. It will be €35m this summer and will be an obligation if we get cl and he plays 50% of games.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ith-juventus-to-buy-dejan-kulusevski-revealed

They probably are counting him though.

I don't think it will ever become "the" way forward. Teams will find ways to get ahead through spending big money. If we had the option of injecting more money and earlier it could have made a significant difference.

Though I think we agree. It's been a way forward for us and will continue to be a viable strategy from this point. Will be interesting to see how those new regulations impacts things. Us having the new stadium in place is clearly a huge benefit and those new regulations may increase that benefit somewhat at least.

But TBF the gaps already closing due to the money we have coming in, we are spending as much as the others now bar Chelsea who won't be able to repeat their actions again due to new rules. Emirates Marketing Project are on the brink of a potential punishment so everything points towards our method standing up in the long term. Having the money come into the club by legit means for what will be for as long as we have fans is a much more robust future than having to find a conveyor belt of rich owners and then launder the money in such a way that the authorities don't find out

But TBF the gaps already closing due to the money we have coming in, we are spending as much as the others now bar Chelsea who won't be able to repeat their actions again due to new rules. Emirates Marketing Project are on the brink of a potential punishment so everything points towards our method standing up in the long term. Having the money come into the club by legit means for what will be for as long as we have fans is a much more robust future than having to find a conveyor belt of rich owners and then launder the money in such a way that the authorities don't find out
Also, it just feels less tainted this way.

Much as it pains me to say it, part of me would rather Arsenal win the PL than Emirates Marketing Project or Saudi Sportswashing Machine, just because it'd be a victory for a well-run club rather than one that's on cheat mode.

Back in a moment. Just need to beat myself with birch twigs and undergo a deep cleanse. Some sort of enema, probably.

Last edited:

Much as it pains me to say it, part of me would rather Arsenal win the PL than Emirates Marketing Project or Saudi Sportswashing Machine, just because it'd be a victory for a well-run club rather than one that's on cheat mode.

Back in a moment. Just need to beat myself with birch twigs and undergo some sort of deep cleanse. Some sort of enema, probably.

Self-flagellation and a hair shirt is the punishment for you ..

Reactions: DTA

Back in a moment. Just need to beat myself with birch twigs and undergo a deep cleanse. Some sort of enema, probably.
You are forgetting that Cheatski and Newcash cannot win the Premier League. They can buy it, but they cannot win it.

I think that's very sound reasoning and I hope you're right. I think owners willing to just shed money at the club will find ways to make an impact with that, but the extent of that will probably lessen to some degree at least.

No matter what happens the benefits of increasing our revenue will be significant and I think a new stadium would have become a necessity at some point regardless. Having it completed, and it being a great stadium in many ways is a very good thing.

ah you judge me too quickly.

have you considered that i would stop moaning if enic is convincgly acting to stay into top 4.
spending in top 4 would be a significant step towards that.
top 4 for the academy.

because i think staying in top 4 is realistic for a club with a 1b debt business model.

and it would do wonders for the brand and image of the club and instead of the strugglling with the aftermaths of continued false dawns we might get into a positive spiral and see the club attract talents of all ages, win footballing accolades and attract sponsors. Then it would give meaning to our wonderful stadium and footballing academy and history.

If they get into the top 4 then you'll be moaning they should be in top 3, then top 2. Even if they spend the most you'll find something to moan about.[/QUOTE}

According to the club we spent 200m in the summer. Most reports have it a bit lower than that, but no doubt we spent a lot of money.

Imagine if we did more will always be true. What kind of spending would make you not say that?
i would say we need to look at investments across a longer period to get an idea of the health and competitiveness of the squad.
so if we go back and add the transfer windows where we didn't spend anything our average spend goes down. while the others in the top four have continued to invest.
spending that 200m is a good step forward, but still falls short of competing for top four imo. enic said it themselves, they are happening like a top 5 (top quartile) - but excluded the years that they didn't spend like at all. also the 200m is with owner equity which may not continue. enic would do well to be get financing for us to have a budget that puts us in the top four of spend. especially with all that increased revenue from the stadium, events etc. maybe it will take a few more years to get there, I would be happy if it happened sooner rather than later.

Since the stadium opened only United Chelsea & Arsenal have spent more net than us - so there's your top 4...
owners had to inject equity which i assume is not sustainable.
i'd be happier if it were part of the thfc business model - real evidence that an increase in revenues are fueling football investments.

I thought you wanted more risk and owner investment?

Now you want sustainable sensible spending?

I want a teetering transfer scenario which suites every single one of us ...

Levy splashes the cash one season, keeping the levy lovers happy ...

Then to balance the cosmos, the following season levy doesn't spend a penny and sells his top player and replaced by a loan.
This will keep the levy haters foaming...

Risky sustainable spending

Last edited:
i would say we need to look at investments across a longer period to get an idea of the health and competitiveness of the squad.
so if we go back and add the transfer windows where we didn't spend anything our average spend goes down. while the others in the top four have continued to invest.
spending that 200m is a good step forward, but still falls short of competing for top four imo. enic said it themselves, they are happening like a top 5 (top quartile) - but excluded the years that they didn't spend like at all. also the 200m is with owner equity which may not continue. enic would do well to be get financing for us to have a budget that puts us in the top four of spend. especially with all that increased revenue from the stadium, events etc. maybe it will take a few more years to get there, I would be happy if it happened sooner rather than later.

200m a good step forward, but still falls short. How much would have been enough for you this season?

I get that we need to sustain things. I'm hoping that if we succeed with the current squad building there will be less of a need for big spending every year, but we'll see.

Obviously the numbers the club mentioned were post the stadium being completed. I think it's rather natural that there's a change after that.

Tough in the years after that the pandemic obviously has limited our spending. The cash injection I think was less than reported lost revenue during the pandemic so perhaps the spending we've seen in recent years can be more or less sustainable. If we succeed on the pitch, and if we avoid making repeated big errors in the transfer market and with managerial appointments.

Back