• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

PC Simon Harwood not guilty

That is annoying, but you're not allowed to run them off the road.

The inquest into the guy's death found him unlawfully killed, and that Harwood had used excessive force. I think it's pretty clear from that video, when you take into account where the chap was, and where the police end up holding a line, that he didn't need to shove him the way he did.

I think I'll leave it at that cos I don't think we'll agree.

spin this around and imagine the outcry if Tomlinson had pushed Harwood over and Harwood subsequently died of the injuries.

Incidentally, I wonder how the police officers who executed Mark Duggan will wriggle out of that one. (remember Mark Duggan?, the guy who the police shot in cold blood which sparked the tottenham riots)

spin this around and imagine the outcry if Tomlinson had pushed Harwood over and Harwood subsequently died of the injuries.

Incidentally, I wonder how the police officers who executed Mark Duggan will wriggle out of that one. (remember Mark Duggan?, the guy who the police shot in cold blood which sparked the tottenham riots)

probably the same way they got out of killing that guy from Brazil on the tube. To say that thought he was a Muslim because he had a tan was scary because i had actually come back from holiday that week and had a deeper tan then he did. I rarely catch the tube though.

When the other police officers saw Harwood assault the guy, should they not have arrested Harwood? or are the police above the law in instances like this?

Should he not face assault charges at the least? Especially after having done it before, been sacked, applied to another force and got in and then transferred back to the same force that sacked him?

The officer in question has a history of violence related incidents. At the very least, he should lose his job and NEVER be allowed to rejoin the force again like he did a few years back. That cannot be argued surely?

id go along with that for sure - it was needless excessive force, not enough to warrant a severe criminal punishment imv but he acted unfitting of a police officer and combined with his record should defo be out of a job.

id also back an assault charge of some degree but certainly not manslaughter

As far as I see, in the instance shown, the police were doing there job, if your in the way, your in the way.

The police have a terrible job to do as it is, and most are family men and women putting there lifes as risk.

Take no prisoners and ask questions later. Should be the same for all simalar situations.

Because of this situation, last summers riots got out of hand, then we have everyone begging the police to do something.

Can't have it both ways, when its in the moment, brick happens.

IMO, the guy was an idiot and his family are looking for a spacegoat to hide his idiocy, and no one, would expect someone to die from what happened to him in that moment from what was inflicted on that man.

How the police should deal with all known drug dealers... protect themselves first, ask questions later. Personally I wish they would do it with ALL known drug dealers.

probably the same way they got out of killing that guy from Brazil on the tube. To say that thought he was a Muslim because he had a tan was scary because i had actually come back from holiday that week and had a deeper tan then he did. I rarely catch the tube though.

The guy ran, thats why they took him out.

Most people who have something to hide run. It was a heighten situation, everyone on edge. What would everyone say if he did have a bomb on him and blew up the tube he got on.. first question.. Why didn't you stop him.. another situation of ask questions later.. and I am glad this is how it is. Certainly made me feel safer traverlling by tube that this was the attitude.

The guy ran, thats why they took him out.

Most people who have something to hide run. It was a heighten situation, everyone on edge. What would everyone say if he did have a bomb on him and blew up the tube he got on.. first question.. Why didn't you stop him.. another situation of ask questions later.. and I am glad this is how it is. Certainly made me feel safer traverlling by tube that this was the attitude.

If it's that simple why the hell did they get caught blatantly lying to cover up the brick they did?

and btw where are you getting this stuff about him running? you mean when he ran to catch the train that was about to depart?

As far as I see, in the instance shown, the police were doing there job, if your in the way, your in the way.

The police have a terrible job to do as it is, and most are family men and women putting there lifes as risk.

Take no prisoners and ask questions later. Should be the same for all simalar situations.

Because of this situation, last summers riots got out of hand, then we have everyone begging the police to do something.

Can't have it both ways, when its in the moment, brick happens.

IMO, the guy was an idiot and his family are looking for a spacegoat to hide his idiocy, and no one, would expect someone to die from what happened to him in that moment from what was inflicted on that man.

He was in the way so he deserved to die?

Is that the sentence for getting in a copper's way these days? Death!

Aren't they only supposed to use force if somebody poses a threat? What threat did Ian Tomlinson pose?

He was in the way so he deserved to die?

Is that the sentence for getting in a copper's way these days? Death!

Aren't they only supposed to use force if somebody poses a threat? What threat did Ian Tomlinson pose?

thats where IMO your getting it wrong.. NOBODY thinks he deserved to die, NOBODY wanted him to die, NOBODY purposely tried to kill him.

It was an accident. Police doing there job, whether it was excessive or not, the policeman did not set out that day thinking he would kill someone. When pushing him he did not set out to kill him.

The guy was doing his job.

Aren't they only supposed to use force if somebody poses a threat?

Don't know, When they are in riot mode, I'd imagine all gloves are off, and wouldn't expect anything less. I'd love the police to be able to give the rioters I right good hiding personaly. Don't mind protesters, everyone has that right, rioters, bring out the rubber bullets.

If it was a policeman walking the beat then yeah, probably, the officer is a qunt, and should be charged.

If it's that simple why the hell did they get caught blatantly lying to cover up the brick they did?

Human nature, to cover it up, whether its something simple like covering for your mate who said he was round your place that night the mugging accured.. etc. etc

People do stupid things.. this was one of those occassions.

Its a tragedy the guy died, but like I said I'd prefer the police act like this in terms of preventing 7-11 ever happening again then so be it.

How the police should deal with all known drug dealers... protect themselves first, ask questions later. Personally I wish they would do it with ALL known drug dealers.

One small flaw in your argument...he had no criminal record,the police suspected him of being a drug dealer and being in a gang but then again the police suspect most black men of dealing drugs and being in gangs.

He showed no sympathy whatsover. At least you did even and you admitted that the officer is a bad egg, but I just can't believe some are saying "he was in the way" so it's just collateral damage.

I guess they are too busy thinking whether concrete slabs are going to be dropped on there heads to differentiate.

These guys are putting there own lifes at risk, to care for somebody who was being a nuisance takes second presidence.

Back