• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

PC Simon Harwood not guilty

Why does it annoy you? Cos you've never experienced it? I was bullied on a near daily basis by a certain **** of a policeman and his mate who would stop and search me on a near daily basis when I was 14/15/16. Walking home from school I could almost guarantee id see the **** somewhere on route home all I ever got was paddy this paddy that what you doing intimidating stuff for a young lad minding his own business. Sorry if I'm paranoid or got a chip on my shoulder but when you make official complaints down the local nick and your dads as good as laughed in the face over it you're gonna have a negative attitude of them

Playing devils advocate.....

It would be like me hating all Irish people for being terrorists

Is it honestly procedure to hit someone on the legs who is posing no threat walking with their hands in their pockets? Genuine question? What Is procedure etc?

Is it honestly procedure to hit someone on the legs who is posing no threat walking with their hands in their pockets? Genuine question? What Is procedure etc?

In a crowd control situation to subdue someone posing a threat.

I agree he wasn't but it didn't cause his death.

The suggestion of 'a baton was used' makes people think he was hit around the head!!

You've said several times in this thread that there was no baton, that he wasn't hit.

Backtrack fail.

No mate - I posted a video that didn't show any baton.

So I believe my own eyes.

Now there is another very very grainy image that shows he was his across the legs.

Which is standard procedure in these instances.

The policeman shouldn't have done it though, that's for sure.

Standard procedure for what exactly? Inflicting pain on a lone person, posing absolutely no threat, walking along with his hands in his pockets.....

If he had died of head injuries sustained from the fall then there would be more of a case but a heart attack several hours later? I don't think someone should be convicted for that.

He should be punished for excessive force maybe and defo be in trouble on a proffesional level.

He does look like a massive **** though

I don't think that punishment should be administered based on the outcome of the initial act, but on the act itself ie the push in this case rather than the result - which was him dying.
I could push someone over tomorrow and through bad luck would be facing 10 years in jail whilst in another instance i wouldn't have even been charged. Doesn't make sense to me

Last edited:
If he had died of head injuries sustained from the fall then there would be more of a case but a heart attack several hours later? I don't think someone should be convicted for that.

He should be punished for excessive force maybe and defo be in trouble on a proffesional level.

He does look like a massive **** though

I don't think that punishment should be administered based on the outcome of the initial act, but on the act itself ie the push in this case rather than the result - which was him dying.
I could push someone over tomorrow and through bad luck would be facing 10 years in jail whilst in another instance i wouldn't have even been charged. Doesn't make sense to me
Why would you push someone tho? I've never felt the need to push someone walking past me with their hands in their pockets

I would imagine standard procedure against rioting qunts who throw abuse and various objects at you for hours

If I didn't want to get roughed up by police, policing a protest, I would stay away from the area.

I just have no idea why he was mincing around there, within pushing distance of the police, if he wasn't trying to be a nuisance. If he got a shove for his trouble, then it is very sad that it somehow killed him, but it's hard to blame it on a policeman who is working in a difficult environment where the use of physical force is needed at times.

Why was he there at that time? It wasn't like it was all just kicking off was it? He had time to get well away, surely? Why was he so close to the police line? I don't understand.

If I didn't want to get roughed up by police, policing a protest, I would stay away from the area.

I just have no idea why he was mincing around there, within pushing distance of the police, if he wasn't trying to be a nuisance. If he got a shove for his trouble, then it is very sad that it somehow killed him, but it's hard to blame it on a policeman who is working in a difficult environment where the use of physical force is needed at times.

Why was he there at that time? It wasn't like it was all just kicking off was it? He had time to get well away, surely? Why was he so close to the police line? I don't understand.

He worked nearby?

He worked nearby?

Yes, but wasn't he working for the Standard or something? Couldn't he take a route to avoid the front-line of the police? Couldn't he move? Didn't he know they were doing a protest and made some other sensible arrangements to be away from the area?

I think he didn't need to be there.

Wasn't he just trying to get home (the hostel he was staying in) from where he'd been working? He'd already diverted away from where the main protest was, from what I've seen.

I don't see how that's relevant. He wasn't one of the trouble makers, he was a newspaper vendor.

Could the policeman not tell the difference between someone who comes at him using force or holding a weapon and a defenceless man with his back to him and his hands in his pockets?

The officer in question has a history of violence related incidents. At the very least, he should lose his job and NEVER be allowed to rejoin the force again like he did a few years back. That cannot be argued surely?

Back