• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Dybala

Well if Levy knew there were complicated image rights to negotiate he should have agreed a transfer fee earlier, or he should have considered moving to a more affordable replacement.

We were in negotiations a few weeks back, before Utd tried to get him.
We have been in active negotiation for Fernandes as well.
And now were are again trying for Dybala.

Basically, exactly what you want. Tried, tried elsewhere, tried again knowing the complications at hand.

The Goons have only started to address their problem area (defence) in the last 48 hours and it's arguable how well they've done that.

I don't blame Levy a bit here on Dybala. It's clearly a very unusual situation that's scuppered the deal if that's what's happened. If we get Sessegnon and Lo Celso in today, along with Ndombele, that's a good window for me. Dybala would have been a lot of icing on the cake but the success/failure of the window doesn't hinge solely on him signing IMO.

I've gone to the bother of logging in just to like this

Funny thing is, everyone seemed to say N’Dombele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon would be a very good window for us. Now because Dybala may or may not be available we have messed up?
It’s nice to be looking at players of his ilk, and if we can get him great, but ultimately by our own assessment we have had a good window either way with this just being the icing.

[Don't forget Clarke].

Exactly, get Lo Celso and Sessgnon in and it will have been a great window. Today's up and down with Dybala unfortunately takes a bit of the gloss away, but it shouldn't at all.

If we get Sessegnon and Lo Celso in today, along with Ndombele, that's a good window for me. Dybala would have been a lot of icing on the cake but the success/failure of the window doesn't hinge solely on him signing IMO.

You may be right and I may be wrong. My concern however is that last summer we were all disappointed that we went a year without signing anybody and now it seems we have replaced Dembele with Ndombele and Lo Celso may be well replacing Eriksen but we would have lost Trippier, Janssen and Llorentes and according to rumours maybe also Wanyama. I think we have a very good squad but I am concerned about its depth

Funny thing is, everyone seemed to say N’Dombele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon would be a very good window for us. Now because Dybala may or may not be available we have messed up?
It’s nice to be looking at players of his ilk, and if we can get him great, but ultimately by our own assessment we have had a good window either way with this just being the icing.

I’d argue it’s an exceptional window as we would have got ALL our planned targets

Getting Dybala is a luck and timing thing, no more than that (like when we got VDV)

Not sure what FFP has to do with it.

Logically, if we are prepared to do a permanent deal now, we have the funds.

If we chose to push that down the line with a loan to buy, those same funds will be available then.

Because if we are shifting 40 million on him and 30/40 on Lo Celso we would be hard pushed to sign more without breaking FFP

If we were keeping Eriksen it would be an excellent window but if we lose him not so much. Lo Celso replacing Eriksen is okay but not excellent. Only time can prove whether he is an improvement on Eriksen

You may be right and I may be wrong. My concern however is that last summer we were all disappointed that we went a year without signing anybody and now it seems we have replaced Dembele with Ndombele and Lo Celso may be well replacing Eriksen but we would have lost Trippier, Janssen and Llorentes and according to rumours maybe also Wanyama. I think we have a very good squad but I am concerned about its depth

But aren’t trippier, Jansenn, Llorente and wanyama also replaced by the youth stepping up like KWP, Parrott, Skipp etc...

So what if he signed with us without the image rights being resolved? The law would prevent us paying image rights to the agent's company. How could they enforce the rights here for something that is illegal? We could argue that we are paying all image rights allowable by law so the players contract is not breached.*

I assume that this might cause complications for the player in Argentina, although I wonder if some of these deals signed in South America would stand up in court if challenged.

* As you can probably tell, I'm not a lawyer.

No idea. What you say makes sense. I suppose there is something in the contract with Dybala and Image Star that xx will be paid to them by his club, or something similar.
I read as well that Image Star are suing Dybala for breach of contract. So that might be something we are not keen to get mixed up in.

*I am not a lawyer either, clearly!

I think Dybala has hindered our Fernandes and other options though. Who knows if Fernandes would have come with Lo Celso had we not gone for Dybala, or if they were all dependant on others. Im wondering if we genuinely thought we had a chance, or maybe we knew there was a big chance we wouldnt get it done, and will now go back for Fernandes which could be 75% already done?

Who knows.

Right back is the only place I'm worried about. Janssen was dead and buried this time last year. Wanyama has been pretty poor when he's played so, sadly, if he goes, he's not much of a loss because he's injury prone.

There is an argument for Llorente but, while he made valuable contributions and was a very likable character, his general play was tinkle poor. We have a multitude of attacking options.

Midfield was the priority area for me. Big time. Ndombele and Lo Celso should really strengthen that area of the pitch for us.

When did Dybala become available? It's only in the past few days isn't it?
Lo Celso, Sessegnon, Fernandes - all been under negotiation for ages. Hardly leaving it to the last few days.
(Plus the 2 already finalised of course).
Right back is the only place I'm worried about. Janssen was dead and buried this time last year. Wanyama has been pretty poor when he's played so, sadly, if he goes, he's not much of a loss because he's injury prone.

There is an argument for Llorente but, while he made valuable contributions and was a very likable character, his general play was tinkle poor. We have a multitude of attacking options.

Midfield was the priority area for me. Big time. Ndombele and Lo Celso should really strengthen that area of the pitch for us.

My main concern is the overall depth of the squad, probably good enough to make top 4 but not good enough to challenge

Lost me there

We’re the most profitable club in the world

We’re about as far clear of FFP as any club could be

If you are shifting all the funds to pay to next year you are already starting -70 million.

Won’t run the risk this year- but it ties your hands for next.

But aren’t trippier, Jansenn, Llorente and wanyama also replaced by the youth stepping up like KWP, Parrott, Skipp etc...

Hilarious how Jansen is being offered as an example of depth.

Llorente only played because we had so many injuries at AM. If we had that pool of players fit Son would have covered and Llorente get splinters.

And Wanyama, 13 appearances last season totally 509 miinutes.

Pretty sure we can lose these guys without even noticing.

Deadline day appears to be getting to some people...

Back