• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Dybala

Sounds as though the image rights thing will kill it off, as expected. Third (or fourth) party interests. Reminds me a bit of the performance around the Moutinho deal. Bit surprised Levy would entertain anything like that in the first place, tbh. Suggests Poch wanted it done, I suppose.

Sounds as though the image rights thing will kill it off, as expected. Third (or fourth) party interests. Reminds me a bit of the performance around the Moutinho deal. Bit surprised Levy would entertain anything like that in the first place, tbh. Suggests Poch wanted it done, I suppose.

Exactly my thoughts.

It keeps the fans happy that we tried but it couldn’t been done due to not fault of our own. West Ham type transfer.

I saw these posted on TFC by a poster under the name of Vadimivich. If accurate, it gives a better idea of the complexity.

Different scenario in other countries, HMRC has very strict rules that means it's virtually impossible for non UK registered companies to be paid for player image rights (it's a common way to hide income from the taxman)

And since it can be used as a way to hide income from the taxman (paid to a firm in a tax haven, such as this Image Star) instead of to the player directly it's a very popular way to pad "net income".

This is also why HMRC has such strict rules on the kinds of deals that are legal in the UK.

Image rights are up to 20% of a players total income (limited to that amount by HMRC in the UK, in other leagues it can be much higher).

It's not 3rd party ownership, it's basically a licensing deal where Juventus pays a portion of Dybala's income to a company he has licensed to manage his image (and is currently in dispute with).

In the UK, HRMC only allows image rights to be licensed to other UK registered firms, and payment to be capped at 20% of total wages. Effectively this means that Dybala has to buy out his current licensing contract and then sign a new one with a UK registered firm.

The licensed firm doesn't have to agree to the buyout, obviously

If anything though it makes it worse as now twitter, insta every other fan taking the pi55 that no one wants to join us. TBF it is a very dissapointing window especially that we always leave it to deadline day, as if anything hits a snag it leaves very little time to sort out or go for other options. Look at Ar5enal have had a very successful window IMO and did the majority of it very early. They finished 1 point off us but arguably have a stronger squad than before now.

If anything though it makes it worse as now twitter, insta every other fan taking the pi55 that no one wants to join us. TBF it is a very dissapointing window especially that we always leave it to deadline day, as if anything hits a snag it leaves very little time to sort out or go for other options. Look at Ar5enal have had a very successful window IMO and did the majority of it very early. They finished 1 point off us but arguably have a stronger squad than before now.

Your fault for reading what macarons post on T wa TTer

Whatever ever way you look at things Levy has dropped the ball by waiting until the last few days to get things across the line.

fake news, they finished about 30 points behind us, as usual

I saw these posted on TFC by a poster under the name of Vadimivich. If accurate, it gives a better idea of the complexity.

Different scenario in other countries, HMRC has very strict rules that means it's virtually impossible for non UK registered companies to be paid for player image rights (it's a common way to hide income from the taxman)
And since it can be used as a way to hide income from the taxman (paid to a firm in a tax haven, such as this Image Star) instead of to the player directly it's a very popular way to pad "net income".
This is also why HMRC has such strict rules on the kinds of deals that are legal in the UK.
Image rights are up to 20% of a players total income (limited to that amount by HMRC in the UK, in other leagues it can be much higher).
It's not 3rd party ownership, it's basically a licensing deal where Juventus pays a portion of Dybala's income to a company he has licensed to manage his image (and is currently in dispute with).

In the UK, HRMC only allows image rights to be licensed to other UK registered firms, and payment to be capped at 20% of total wages. Effectively this means that Dybala has to buy out his current licensing contract and then sign a new one with a UK registered firm.

The licensed firm doesn't have to agree to the buyout, obviously

So what if he signed with us without the image rights being resolved? The law would prevent us paying image rights to the agent's company. How could they enforce the rights here for something that is illegal? We could argue that we are paying all image rights allowable by law so the players contract is not breached.*

I assume that this might cause complications for the player in Argentina, although I wonder if some of these deals signed in South America would stand up in court if challenged.

* As you can probably tell, I'm not a lawyer.

The Goons have only started to address their problem area (defence) in the last 48 hours and it's arguable how well they've done that.

I don't blame Levy a bit here on Dybala. It's clearly a very unusual situation that's scuppered the deal if that's what's happened. If we get Sessegnon and Lo Celso in today, along with Ndombele, that's a good window for me. Dybala would have been a lot of icing on the cake but the success/failure of the window doesn't hinge solely on him signing IMO.

You think these deals have only been negotiated the last few days? Laughable. Don't believe everything you read for fudges sake. Fernandes could be the fail safe if Dybala really does fall through.

It may be laughable but we have less than 3 hours to complete either deal, then the joke might be on us

Funny thing is, everyone seemed to say N’Dombele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon would be a very good window for us. Now because Dybala may or may not be available we have messed up?
It’s nice to be looking at players of his ilk, and if we can get him great, but ultimately by our own assessment we have had a good window either way with this just being the icing.

Back