• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Overrated

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Following the 'underrated' thread, regarding underrated movies, music & TV shows, this is the opposite, an overrated thread.

Go on then...

Music - 2Pac
Film - American Hustle, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars
TV - Band of Brothers, The Big Bang Theory

Last edited:
Music - anything ever sung by Justin Bieber, One Direction, Miley Cyrus plus many others.

Film - Taxi Driver - sorry to any fans but really didn't do it for me. Liked the idea of the plot but never really liked the end product for what ever reason

Tv - Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks, Only Way Is Essex, Made in Chelsea etc....

Music: Coldplay, with U2 in a close second.
Film: Taken. Everybody seems to rate this very highly, but I don't think it's that special. Also don't think that the second of the new Batman movies is as good as people say.
TV: Anything that is produced merely so the channels can use old, washed up celebrities one last time and other random people famous for doing nothing more than simply existing. It's the same ****ing people on every show and every channel, first they're dancing, then they're cooking and then they're guests at some talkshow. Disgusting.

Music: Adele, The Beatles, Radiohead, Lady Gaga, Nirvana, U2
Film: American Hustle, American Beauty, The Lion King, Titanic, Shakespeare In Love, The Dark Knight, Slumdog Millionaire, Avatar
TV: The Big Bang Theory

Not all of those are bad, they are just overrated.

Last edited:
But are any of those celebrity shows really 'rated'? I don't think so. I think it's because people have addictive personalities and often find themselves drawn to the same things that they loathe. In the same way that a gambler will keep playing a fruit machine, in spite of its loathing of the machine and the money it's taken off of him, so people watch celebrity shows, get hooked and can't unhook themselves. They have to know more as they can't let a World exist without them having an active part to play in that World, even if that active part is reduced to watching and exchanging derisory comments about how ridiculous it is.

That and people know that others watch and so don't want to be left out. When friends talk about the brief 'highlights' on their monosyllabic Facebook World, people want to hit 'like' and be able to relate to the context of the discussion of others.

Me. I barely watch any tv. I don't care for Social Fakebook. The words which originate from the celeb programmes are like nails down a chalkboard to my ears. I don't watch them, never will but to have people use words such as 'jel', is the active destruction of the English language in to a non classy, basic comprehension language for idiots; no thanks!!

Music: Coldplay, The Doors, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers
Film: 2001, Avatar, Titanic, Tropic Thunder
TV: Walking Dead (read the graphic novels!), 2 and a Half Men, Lost

How could i forget 'The Big Bang Theory'.

Big Bang theory I actually like.

I'm also going to chuck in How I Met Your Mother. Perhaps I would actually like it if I was to watch a full episode but every time I've flicked it on when there's been nothing else on I find myself turning over again within 15 miniutes as I find it very unfunny. Also think it's trying to live off the hype of 'Friends' and draw in over obsessed fans who miss it.

Back