• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Spurs vs Woolwich Nomads

The team themselves have come out and said 'we don't want to use age as an excuse'.

If that's what you want, lads, it's brave, and fair enough. Here goes: you were sh*te today after the equalizer went in, and bottled it.

That's the problem with wanting to be seen without the age-related riders: it cuts both ways, and you'll get flak for not playing like an experienced team if that's the high standard you want to set.
What the team say and what reality dishes out are two separate things. I would guarantee that if we keep this squad together, and add to it, that in a similar situation we see a game like this out and come away with all 3 points.

that was nothing to do with being jaded, everything to do with us lacking quality. we just looked crap for about 80% of the match. it was brick.
Eriksen, I love the guy but he was tinkle poor today. The only players who really looked up for the fight were Rose, Dembele and lamela. Dier was also awful and a lucky boy to be on the pitch, that challenge on Giroud made me furious. Never thought I would say but Arsenal wanted it more - at the lane too.

And the sun's now out in North London...

On another note; I thought we had the best groundsmen? Was it deliberate that the pitch looked brick around the edges?

We need to make a decision now. Send the kids out in the uefa rejects cup. We're jaded.

Agree re selection for the Dortmund game. I'd leave Kane and Dier at home. Alli is suspended:

Lloris, Trip, Davies, Alder, Wimmer, Bentaleb, Carroll, Mason, Chadli, Onomah, Son

2 pts dropped and some poor individual performances but the team was bound to have a wobble at this stage of the season and after that great run. Wish we were out of the Europa too, it's going to be a hard slog for this inexperienced team to do battle on 2 fronts.

It might not feel like it now but a draw isn't a bad result. I would have settled for a draw before the game.
It is one of our toughest games out of the way, not only are Arsenal always up for it, but they are also one of the few teams that can pass their way out of the press.
And it is been a strange season all round, so I'm sure there will be plenty of ups and downs before it ends for all the main contenders. We are not out of it yet.

Agree re selection for the Dortmund game. I'd leave Kane and Dier at home. Alli is suspended:

Lloris, Trip, Davies, Alder, Wimmer, Bentaleb, Carroll, Mason, Chadli, Onomah, Son

Guaranteed loss, in that case. No way.

Kane could be rested, I agree. Alli's suspended anyway. But the rest play.

-------------------------Lloris------------------------

Trippier------Toby------------Wimmer-----Davies

-----------------Dier-------------Dembele----------

Lamela----------------Mason----------------Eriksen

---------------------------Son-------------------------

what is it Arsenal fans always used to say "Celebrating a draw against us like you've just won the league". Now the boots on the other foot.

I too feel like we should have won the game. No excuses for not seeing it out. But don't write everything off on the last couple of results. Still only lost 4 games all season compared to Arsenal's 7. Still 2nd in the table with 9 games remaining.

Lets hope Watford can do us a favour later on.

Heart failure is never a good thing....are you Ok?
yeah not too bad. it wasnt a very nice experience. no long term damage to my heart apprently. i think the main problem is n=mental now. i just walk round hoping that it doesnt happen again!! but, i dont want to turn the thread into an episode of jeremy kyle!

D
that was nothing to do with being jaded, everything to do with us lacking quality. we just looked crap for about 80% of the match. it was brick.
We are going off the boil at the wrong time again
i had heart failure about 3 weeks ago and have been recovering. today helped in that respect !! :)

That's my issue with the europa league. Purely selfish, I'll admit. I' don't think I could live through a Final:)

Back