• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Spurs vs Woolwich Nomads

Feels worse than the wham result, that.

Should never drop points from a winning position at versus ten men.

Hard to tell from the replay but was Lloris at fault?

The team is young. They fought but nothing was coming off. Scum came with a plan and it worked to a certain degree. That goal that was a millimetre from a goal is just nuts. We played average at best but created more chances. They took the only two they had.

Loris has cost us three points this week. It feels like a defeat but we deserved to win. We can still win the league. The players will learn from these games.

I still believe.

This isnt on Lloris. DO NOT PUT THIS ON THE GK!! Our entire attack was out of sorts today and Dier was an idiot. He was fortunate to be on at the end of the game.

Personally I think it was a good result today.

There was huge pressure today on the team, most of the players havent been in this position (playing for titles) before plus they were coming in of a loss and went 1-0 today. They showed a lot of character again to come back, yes Im really disappointed with us conceding the equaliser but lets take the positives. I would say over the next day or two when POCH talks to them they will learn a hell of a lot from today and next time they will have the experience to close out the game.

Lets remember finishing in the top 4 was our target at the start of the season and I like most others didnt think we had chance of doing that never mind possibly winning the title. 9 games to go lets take each one at a time!

COYS

We've given Arsenal a massive massive boost there. Maybe enough to reignite their confidence. Maybe enough that all the bottling comments are going to shift from them back onto our shoulders.

Like the poster said above, its the first time i've been angry with us all season. Very very poor.

I can't remember since we have had anything approaching a genuine leader on the pitch. Can i get an advance on Graham Roberts?

We can talk all we want about signing a new striker, or creative player for the final 3rd, or a world class this or that, we need a scruff of the neck leader from somewhere.

Taking Dembele off was a bad move from Poch, Dembele is our best player to keep the ball in the team and the best passer in my opinion.

I do wish people would stop hanging this albatross around our necks.

No, we are not. This is the third time this season we have had an opportunity to go top, and this is the third time we have blown it.

We are better when we're unnoticed and there's no pressure on us. Please, can forget the title and concentrate on finishing top four first?

But we are in a title race, no?

We were under the radar many months ago but now there are a handful of games left and you cannot ignore our position.

You think the players are ignorant to this?

Poch should be angry with the side for the way they played after scoring the second. We can not do that again, or we have no chance winning any competition. We need to work on our mentality when winning, whilst pressure is on.

Show composure, and a calm determination as though we are loosing. Instead we were desperately chasing the ball and lost our shape and composure.

Last edited:
This isnt on Lloris. DO NOT PUT THIS ON THE GK!! Our entire attack was out of sorts today and Dier was an idiot. He was fortunate to be on at the end of the game.

yeah, all true, lots of mistakes were made today and the defending for both goals was very very poor

but, both shots went straight through him, I'm sure he'll be very angry with himself

I think Watford can take points today, so much to play for! Not a bad point! Should have been 3, but there it is. How do we react next weekend? That is the key now. fudge the EL.

I knew something was up in the minute before we conceded. we didn't work hard enough to hold possession and some of the defensive clearances were diabolical. It was a composure thing. Anyway, I'm not as upset as I would be normally, as I got a call an hour before kick of that one of my best mates in in hospital on life support, with very little chance of recovery. There are more important things even than a NLD.

But we are in a title race, no?

We were under the radar many months ago but now there are a handful of games left and you cannot ignore our position.

You think the players are ignorant to this?

I don't think they are ignorant to this, but I do think that they really can't deal with it and are struggling to cope with the expectations and the pressure. It's a Spurs thing, which our inexperience only adds to.

We can help by not adding any more expectations to the list already upon them. Top four first, title talk is premature and, given our weaknesses, more than a bit short-sighted. Top four is achievable, but is also surprisingly challenging: as I mentioned, we'll need 4 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses to get to 70, and 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses to get to 73. That isn't a cakewalk, not when you look at our fixture list.

If we keep labouring under title delusions and (consequently) suffering from pressure, we might fall between two stools and not make the top four either. It's not impossible, given United's climb and the unpredictability of this season.

That would be an utter disaster. Hence, focus on securing what we have first (which, by itself, would be a great achievement, more so if we finish on 73 points and achieve our record points total) before indulging in flights of fancy.

You mean in the 11 minutes of playing time between their goal and the red card?

At the start of the second half, they let us have the ball after seeing how ineffective and mentally lazy our front men were including the lack of final ball quality. We did nada before the red card compared to Arsenal.

Commentator said we've waited 13 years to go top.... we managed it for 13 minutes.

We really should have won that, 2-1 up against ten men and then played right into their hands... awful play for the last half hour.

Well the commentator should fudging know that the as-it-stands table is a media construct that means fudge all.

The points are dished out at the end of the game, not half way through. At no point this weekend were we top.

yeah, all true, lots of mistakes were made today and the defending for both goals was very very poor

but, both shots went straight through him, I'm sure he'll be very angry with himself

This. Our defending was sub-par all game (Wimmer was particularly shaky, although he redeemed himself excellently with that last-second tackle on Ramsey at the death that preserved our dignity and a point), but Lloris was shaky today, and Ospina outperformed him. I'm sure he's aware of this, however.

At the start of the second half, they let us have the ball after seeing how ineffective and mentally lazy our front men were including the lack of final ball quality. We did nada before the red card compared to Arsenal.
OK, let's agree to disagree on that one, but 'mentally lazy'? Wow.

Back