• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

One player from history - 2013/14 edition

If you could pick one player from our history for current team who would it be?

• Total voters
Would agree with this, best player i have ever seen in a Spurs shirt.

Just thinking about some of the passes he played on some of the pitches he (and everyone) had to deal with makes me laugh. Smoother than a Greg Norman putt on pitches with divots, lumps and some with as much grass as Brighton Beach! A football genius. Funny, I was a teenager as he came through and I was a Junior ST holder during his glory years, and I realize now that none of us young 'uns then could ever have known just how rare a talent he was…you just accepted that we had a brilliant player but always felt there would be others…

We don't need a striker, we need more service... so it has to be Gazza or Hoddle.

It would be amazing to see Gazza play in the #10 role today, pulling the strings, bursting between players, beating a man and driving into the box.

That makes me realise that Eriksen/Holtby do not do this... they do not beat a man and drive into the box to score or shoot or win a pen.

Excellent point. Holtby is Freundy and Eriksen could (and I hope does) but needs to strengthen a bit…'tis why hopefully, a year or so down the line here, Lamela can develop into a player who will do this for us as he certainly has the skill and touch...

It is close one for me. Definitely needs to be playmaker. And Hoddle is the obvious choice. But I'm not sure how he would fare in the modern, very physical, crowded three man midfield era, with 4-2-3-1 so common. I'd like to think he would still find the space and time to showcase his sublime skill on the ball. And if he did, he would be the player to have.

But I'm going to go with Gazza, because he combined a physical robust energetic approach to the game, with good mobility, great passing skills, dribbling, shooting, goal scoring, set pieces - apart from some wild tackling (and setting aside the personal stuff) Gazza really did have it all.

Tough choice. Huddle or Gazza. Either would take us to heaven and back!

Back