• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

I don't know. Dawson's good at clearing hoofballs from the other team, but not so good at marking. And neither are quite a few other players as well by the looks of things.

Hmmm, but what are missing this year (apart from King) that we weren't in the last two/three seasons? Surely it's not just bSandro missing that is the problem?

Hmmm, but what are missing this year (apart from King) that we weren't in the last two/three seasons? Surely it's not just bSandro missing that is the problem?

I'm not one for studying these things in detail, but I'm sure Andre and his guys are looking at it the same way they've rectified other problems.

I don't get why we've stopped putting two men on the posts as well, we even switched between posts a couple of times and ended up conceding on the opposite side.

The funny thing is I think our back 4 is very good but we keep leaking 2 goals a game. What is the answer?

The funny thing is I think our back 4 is very good but we keep leaking 2 goals a game. What is the answer?

I agree, although I think that Vertonghen's propensity to maraude forward costs us in terms of positional discipline especially when the full backs go forward too. Having watched Verts this season I am convinced he would be a great defensive midfielder. Dawson is our only out and out defender and with King next to him we were very solid. I also believe, probably in the minority, Kaboul and Verts will not work as a centreback partnership.

I agree, although I think that Vertonghen's propensity to maraude forward costs us in terms of positional discipline especially when the full backs go forward too. Having watched Verts this season I am convinced he would be a great defensive midfielder. Dawson is our only out and out defender and with King next to him we were very solid. I also believe, probably in the minority, Kaboul and Verts will not work as a centreback partnership.

I'm another that wonders about that as well; be interesting to see if you in fact are in the minority (not sure we would be tbh..)

Kaboul reined in the forward marauding runs ages ago, he's now basically just a much quicker, stronger, smarter, better version of Dawson. It will work fine, although it remains to be seen if he can overcome the injury he has suffered.

Kaboul reined in the forward marauding runs ages ago, he's now basically just a much quicker, stronger, smarter, better version of Dawson. It will work fine, although it remains to be seen if he can overcome the injury he has suffered.

Not true saw him running up and down plenty of times last season. He stronger and quicker but not smarter Dawson is better positionally imo. But this is not a thread about Daws vs Kaboul.

i'd like to see us score from a corner, cant remember the last time we did, i think the stat is something like 1 in 12 corners end up in goals, for us it must be 1 in 100

i'd like to see us score from a corner, cant remember the last time we did, i think the stat is something like 1 in 12 corners end up in goals, for us it must be 1 in 100

Our record isn't actually that bad, about mid table on corners scored IIRC

However I think scoring and defending from them go hand in hand. We are bloody static at corners full stop. The reason Cahill and any others do well from corners is that they move towards a ball rathe than wait for the ball, thereby attacking it in a positive direction. Same with defending corners, take the ball away from goal and leave the man.

We lack height possibly but we certainly don't have the worse aerial presence.

I guarantee that the first decent set piece stoke have tommrow they will have 4 or 5 players 6 foot tall moving around the penalty spot. It's bloody hard to defend and were poor at it

We let in goals from corners because we never ever have a man on the far post. Would have saved us a few goals this season and maybe a point (Wigan) or even 3 (Chelsea)

Really don't understand it

Great post. Totally agree, bit by bit, season by season we're getting more established

Bale says pretty much the same thing in his interview (in the Bale thread) which is very promising as far as he is concerned as well.

“Since I came here, everything has changed. When I first arrived there was talk of a new training ground and a new stadium. As the years have gone in, it’s got better and better.

“The training ground has happened and next it’ll be the stadium. The club is growing and I think it’s growing within its own means.

We let in goals from corners because we never ever have a man on the far post. Would have saved us a few goals this season and maybe a point (Wigan) or even 3 (Chelsea)

Really don't understand it

Against Chelsea we actually had Parker on that post. Unlike the others he moved which he shouldn't have!!!!

No he didn't track his player I thought. He ended up there as he lost his player but if he had have been on post he would have got it?

Oh yeh Swansea away too, although that didn't cost us.

Everton at home as well!

No he didn't track his player I thought. He ended up there as he lost his player but if he had have been on post he would have got it?

Oh yeh Swansea away too, although that didn't cost us.

Everton at home as well!

Might as well list 'em...Arsenal H&A, Liverpool H?, Wigan H & A, Chelsea H & A, Southampton A?, Sunderland, Reading, Norwich h?.....Have i missed any...???

BKC_n4nCIAAijap.jpg

Score 3 or more at the other end :lol:

Seriously though, just dont know, you look at the back four, and on paper Walker-Dawson-Vertonghen-Ekotto looks a good
backline, but just recently they have started leaking goals, whereas Feb/March they werent too bad

Am missing watching the game today, its my parents 40th wedding anniversary and the family is going out for a meal today at 2pm

The pub is right out in the sticks with no TV and no 3G or wifi signal, will be a lovely family day but ill be hoping and praying the boys can get the result we hugely need

Back