• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

--OMT-- TOTTENHAM vs Notlob

------------------------------------Friedel----------------------------------------

Walker----------------Kaboul--------------------King----------------------ekotto

-------------------------------------Parker---------------------------------------

---------VdV------------------------Modric-----------------------------------Bale

----------------------------Saha------------Adebayor----------------------------

All out attack. We are at home and we need a confidence builder

:rolleyes:

STOP fudging ENDING YOUR POSTS WITH THAT FREE PALESTINE MESSAGE! You've been banned from making avatars because nobody wants your political views that's clearly going to start arguments on a fudging football board, and doing that after every post is clearly you asking for an argument!

I don't want to argue, but can the mods at least do something?

Last edited:
Bale aiming for Wembley

Spurs winger confident of making FA Cup progress

Last Updated: March 15, 2012 10:27am

A recent run of three successive league defeats, starting with Arsenal's 5-2 thrashing at the Emirates Stadium, has seen Spurs' ten-point gap over their arch-rivals cut to just a single point.

But Bale feels a trip to Wembley would be a great way for his team to get back on track following their poor run of form.

The Wales international said: "It's a massive game for us. We know our league form hasn't been great of late, but the FA Cup is a different competition and, being at home, we've got a great chance to get to the semi-finals.

Massive trophy

"We know it's not going to be an easy game. It's going to be hard work - it's a cup tie. We'll just go out there, give it 100%, play our best football and hopefully we can be in the semi-final."

Bolton will be Tottenham's first Premier League opponent in this year's competition, having previously faced lower league opposition in Cheltenham, Watford and Stevenage, but Bale does not think it has been easy.

The 22-year-old continued: "The teams we've come up against have made it difficult for us. We've got through on merit at the end of the day, and to play Bolton will be a difficult test, and one we're ready for.

"Any silverware is important and the FA Cup is a massive trophy in England and something we want to do well in."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7598070/Bale-aiming-for-Wembley

Livermore wants Wembley return

Spurs midfielder keen to reach the FA Cup semi-finals

Last Updated: March 14, 2012 4:08pm

The 22-year-old was just 19 years old when he scored a dramatic equaliser against Barcelona in the pre-season Wembley Cup back in July, 2009.

And Tottenham host Owen Coyle's men on Saturday with an FA Cup semi-final place at Wembley awaiting the winners.

"That goal feels like many moons ago!" Livermore told the club's official website. "It would be great to go back to Wembley, the heart of English football. Every player in the changing room wants to go there.

"There are no easy games and Bolton will be difficult. The FA Cup, you can never predict what will happen, but we'll be ready. It's another tough game for us.

"The FA Cup is a big part of our season and to get a result against Bolton to get the chance to play at Wembley is a dream. We all want to play at Wembley and we all want to win the FA Cup."

The cup will present Spurs with a welcome break from their present Premier League struggles with the North London side experiencing a poor run of late.

Three straight defeats, including the 5-2 drubbing by rivals Arsenal, threatens to undo all of the hard work earlier in the season that had them touted as title contenders by some.

But Livermore insists the players can be proud of their efforts so far and is hoping for a Wembley cup final to round it off.

"The lads are disappointed with the results but we can take pride from the performances," added Livermore.

"We've worked our socks off and sometimes you get the breaks, sometimes you don't. Hopefully we'll finish where we deserve to finish at the end of the season."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7596126/Livermore-wants-Wembley-return

all the players seem to 'want' wembley.. let's see if they actually apply that attitude to the way they play...

they fudging well better.

all the players seem to 'want' wembley.. let's see if they actually apply that attitude to the way they play...

they fudging well better.

You're bang on, because upto now they havent performed like they want to go there, especially at Watford!

We've had the easiest run-in to the semis I can remember in recent history

Now let's not **** it up, please Spurs

Just about. In the 09-10 season we had:

3rd round = Peterborough (h)
4th round = Leeds (h) replay needed
5th round = Bolton (a) replay needed
QF = Fulham (a)
SF = Pompey

hmmmm nah this seasons is far easier actually.

That was one of my favourite nights at the Lane. Had front row seats in the west stand lower, Bale and Pav doing the sliding knees celebration a few feet in front of us when Pav scored... awesome! Walking home in the rain, dreaming of Wembley... shame the semi didn't go quite as well!

Bit nervous about this game, as said the players looked like they really couldn't be fudged against Watford and Stevenage (although I didn't see the replay for the latter).

Lennon definitely ruled out which is a bastard. Since letting Charlie and Pienaar go our right side is definitely weaker however you look at it. Perhaps we could see Gio thrown in? Thought he was excellent against Cheltenam but I'm pretty sure he was on the left that game. He has been barely making the bench in recent times.

Just about. In the 09-10 season we had:

3rd round = Peterborough (h)
4th round = Leeds (h) replay needed
5th round = Bolton (a) replay needed
QF = Fulham (a)
SF = Pompey

hmmmm nah this seasons is far easier actually.

I agree. Those two away draws at Bolton and Fulham were no walks in the park

In my opinion we need to play a goalkeeper against Bolton. With their set pieces and big men, it's just too risky not to have a keeper. Bolton seem to me a bit better than their league position suggests, so leaving the goalie out is just asking for trouble. Personally - and it's only my opinion - I'd shift things around and put Friedel in there.

=D>:ross:

I F*****G HATE 5.30 kick offs. Oh for the days when we played at home every other Saturday at 3pm and a night game had that special feel. I hate playing Bolton, I know they are rough at the moment but they are a side we should beat 90 times out of 100, even when they were managed by Alardyce we should have beat them but didn't. So my head says we will struggle but my heart says 4-0 (vdv2, defoe & bale)

Coyle salutes Spurs' quality

Trotters boss says his side have been handed 'toughest' cup draw

Last Updated: March 15, 2012 6:50pm

It has been suggested that the Trotters could not have picked a better time to face Spurs, as they prepare to go head-to-head at White Hart Lane on Saturday.

Harry Redknapp's side have suffered three successive defeats in the Premier League, with ongoing speculation linking their manager with the vacant England post said to be offering an unwelcome distraction.

Coyle does not buy into that line of thought, though, and is fully aware of the size of the challenge facing his team in North London this weekend.

He said: "If you analyse the performances, as we do because we are playing against them, you realise that Tottenham have been playing at a very high level.

"People are talking about how Spurs' recent results haven't been great but you have to look further than that. Their performances recently have been of a very high standard but they haven't carried that little bit of luck.

"Tottenham against Manchester United were outstanding and at Goodison on Saturday there were spells when it was like the Alamo when they looking to get the equaliser.

Energetic

"So this is a quality side led by a fantastic manager and we are going to have to be at our best.

"I don't think there is ever a good time to play Tottenham especially away from home, but we will go there and be fresh and energetic and try to get to the semi-finals.

"I think they are the favourites for the FA Cup, this is a club that has carried all before them this year."

It could be suggested that a prolonged run in the cup could prove to be a distraction for Bolton this season, as they battle to beat the drop in the Premier League, but Coyle insists that wins breed confidence, regardless of which competition they come in.

He added: "We are under no illusions - our priority is to remain in the Barclays Premier League. But within that, I also believe that we can continue to progress in the FA Cup.

"We have the toughest draw out of anybody left in the competition because Tottenham Hotspur are favourites.

"But we have an opportunity, like they have, to reach the last four of the best national cup competition in football."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7599230/Coyle-salutes-Spurs-quality

Back