• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham vs Man U***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think people underestimate United somewhat. They beat Chelsea and Leicester at home and held Liverpool. They're far from great, but quite good in these games. Defensively they're solid and they have great counter attacking ability. Always going to be difficult if we find ourselves behind.

Thought it was telling that our possession was wery low early on. I think the plan was to sit back and counter attack, a good enough plan. Undone by individual errors leading to us going behind. Alli bailed us out with a sublime piece of skill only for another individual mistake to again put us in a difficult position.

Even a reasonably solid right back and I think our team looks quite different. Add Dier for Sissoko and take away the need to babysit the right back and we might even look quite good.

I think people underestimate United somewhat. They beat Chelsea and Leicester at home and held Liverpool. They're far from great, but quite good in these games. Defensively they're solid and they have great counter attacking ability. Always going to be difficult if we find ourselves behind.

Thought it was telling that our possession was wery low early on. I think the plan was to sit back and counter attack, a good enough plan. Undone by individual errors leading to us going behind. Alli bailed us out with a sublime piece of skill only for another individual mistake to again put us in a difficult position.

Even a reasonably solid right back and I think our team looks quite different. Add Dier for Sissoko and take away the need to babysit the right back and we might even look quite good.

To counter attack you have to defend first to counter
We were woeful down our right and it’s why we conceded both times down there again

That's my reading of it too. A first choice RB has to be the priority in January.

Add Dier for Sissoko and take away the need to babysit the right back and we might even look quite good.

Hasn’t Dier been on the pitch when we have conceded two late goals in our most recent league games and was also playing when we conceded 2 goals against Olympiakos? Not sure where the idea comes from that we are more solid when he is on the pitch? Sadly neither he nor Sissoko are good enough to be starters in our centre midfield. Dier is a better Centre back than midfielder imo.

Hasn’t Dier been on the pitch when we have conceded two late goals in our most recent league games and was also playing when we conceded 2 goals against Olympiakos? Not sure where the idea comes from that we are more solid when he is on the pitch? Sadly neither he nor Sissoko are good enough to be starters in our centre midfield. Dier is a better Centre back than midfielder imo.

Where did the gaols come from in this games???

crosses form our right

it’s scary that the constant issue is “midfield” in some people’s eyes but it’s still basics defending of our right hand side that’s the problem

I’d strongly suggest people look at where the goals we conceded actually come from, not just where we may concede shots. We have all seen us have 30 shots a game and not score as they were poor quality shots. The shots and chances people get down our right invariably lead to high quality chances and goals as we have seen twice vs Olympiakos, way Ham, Bournemouth and now United.

Once again we the fans underestimate the opposition. Man U was never going to be a walk in the park!
I thought we were going find it tough, we must remember we are far from playing well as a team at present.
We praise players to the hilt then we slag them off when we lose! It’s banal!
Man U are not good atm but neither are we, let’s try a cut out the mercurial knee jerk vitriol.

Last edited:
Where did the gaols come from in this games???

crosses form our right

it’s scary that the constant issue is “midfield” in some people’s eyes but it’s still basics defending of our right hand side that’s the problem

I’d strongly suggest people look at where the goals we conceded actually come from, not just where we may concede shots. We have all seen us have 30 shots a game and not score as they were poor quality shots. The shots and chances people get down our right invariably lead to high quality chances and goals as we have seen twice vs Olympiakos, way Ham, Bournemouth and now United.

We had a one man central midfield yesterday because Sissoko was covering for Aurier

We had a one man central midfield yesterday because Sissoko was covering for Aurier

And yet Aurier wasnt badly exposed in other games while playing the same way.

I think despite it being the popular thing to slate Dier and Winks, its pretty obvious they should be our midfield pairing while NDombele is coming through.

And that Sissoko shouldnt be at CM at all.

If we want to play it tight like we did against Bournemouth he can come in on the right to try and add some solidity - but he is very simply not a CM.

And yet Aurier wasnt badly exposed in other games while playing the same way.

I think despite it being the popular thing to slate Dier and Winks, its pretty obvious they should be our midfield pairing while NDombele is coming through.

And that Sissoko shouldnt be at CM at all.

If we want to play it tight like we did against Bournemouth he can come in on the right to try and add some solidity - but he is very simply not a CM.
TBF we haven’t played a side with genuine quality player down that side
No one played amazingly well for United other than Rashford. Their team were very functional and letting Rashford do his stuff

It was probably the single reason Pochettino most often cited post-match for our failures: not aggressive enough... need to be more aggressive... need to show more aggression. Time and time and time again. Now Mourinho's saying it too.

That performance wasn't good enough on any level.
As Mourinho says - it starts with the basics - being aggressive, at the right intensity and winning your 50/50s. That can make up for a lot of deficiencies.
We were appalling throughout the game really. There really is a deep malaise lurking under the surface and individuals are starting to phone in performances.
Personally I think the manager should've thrown a few teacups round at HT and FT too. Even the "stars" are starting to think they don't have to put in 100% effort. When Son stops chasing lost causes you know you have a problem.

Once again we the fans underestimate the opposition. Man U was never going to be a walk in the park!
I thought we were going find it tough, we must remember we are far from playing well as a team at present.
We praise players to hilt then we slag them off when we lose! It’s banal!
Man U are not good atm but neither are we, let’s try a cut out the mercurial knee jerk vitriol.

Something else that seems to have totally bypassed everyone, for all the platitudes about Jose from the man u players after he left some of those same players had a point to prove last night, and boy did they prove it.
Pity that other than dele our lot don't seem to think they have anything to prove anymore.

Is it not the managers job to set us up to nullify that, or change it when it's obvious what's happening?
100%
It’s almost like he set us up to fail
Or possibly the players didn’t follow his instructions ...
Watching at home I was sat there thinking he could have made some dramatic changes quite easily in bringing on rose for Aurier and literally shifting the defence one place over

Is it not the managers job to set us up to nullify that, or change it when it's obvious what's happening?
What if a player continually goes hiding out to the side because it's too difficult trying to trap a ball 8 yards and then pass it 5 more in a congested middle of the park?

Something else that seems to have totally bypassed everyone, for all the platitudes about Jose from the man u players after he left some of those same players had a point to prove last night, and boy did they prove it.
Pity that other than dele our lot don't seem to think they have anything to prove anymore.
Kane and son have huge points to prove playing there as neither has ever really played well there IMO

Back