• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham vs Man U***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your opinion and of course your entitled to it
I’ve seen him create when given a platform to create from but today the platform was broken glass

Sideways, backwards, safe, no matter the opposition or platform. Show me footage of him splitting defenses or driving forward to create goals. He doesn't do it.

Give me Dier providing a solid midfield base over Winks every day of the week. He doesn't have one stand out skill and to me is a clear luxury player, looked brilliant against Montenegro of course.

That's poor from Sanchez and Gazza. He really should save that. We look shaky.
so we should look to our own frailties than say man utd are there for the taking - it's how every oppo manager will see us

two 3-2 home wins, have shown us this. I'm a bit concerned Kane isn't scoring freely and Alli is, they should both be scoring
Every time we play this midfield we play like this, don’t matter who the manager is it don’t work
maybe it isn't the manager then ...

Agree with a lot you have said but not that we should have been 4 down at break.

Just because they rattled the bar from 30 yards doesn’t mean it’s a great chance or we’ve been carved open. It was just a good strike. The goal wasn’t even a good chance tbh. More of an error. I can’t remember too many clear cut chances. Their non pen XG for the match was 0.7 - same as ours.

The big shame was us helping them onto the front foot at the start of both half’s. The 10 min period where scores were level after our goal we actually controlled the game.

No stupid tackle from Sissoko and I think
We probably end up just fine tonight.

You were watching a different first half from me then. United had half a dozen good chances in the first half and we were extremely lucky to be on terms at the interval. One hit the bar, Gazza made a few decent saves and several flew just wide. The 0.7 xG is nonsensical for them. Look at the attempts and attempts on target figures for the first half for a better measure.

You were watching a different first half from me then. United had half a dozen good chances in the first half and we were extremely lucky to be on terms at the interval. One hit the bar, Gazza made a few decent saves and several flew just wide. The 0.7 xG is nonsensical for them. Look at the attempts and attempts on target figures for the first half for a better measure.
ManU had more shots but most were from the sort of range that only someone like Bale might expect to regularly score from... Gazzaniga dealt with the rest quite comfortably and probably should’ve saved their first too but we’ve already seen that he struggles to get down to low shots, compared to Lloris in his prime anyway.

CBD454AD-82A9-4018-A245-A8DA100F5270.png
20870A68-FB6A-41D1-9EAE-B0E19628893F.png

You know the quality of a chance isn’t determined by it eg. hitting the bar from 30 yards right? The quality of a chance is determined before it is struck. For example that was no better chance than Tanguy’s one that he hit low to De Gea (and I bet that’s barely left a mark on your memory). It just happened to have an outcome more dramatic because it was executed better. As an oppo you’d be encouraging players to shoot from 30 yards all day long because realistically they go in about 1 in 20 (xg of 0.05). If that. I think you’re a bit blinded by what happened post shot.

Bottom line is they didn’t have a host of GOOD chances in the first half, even the goal wasn’t a good chance. Most competent keepers would have saved it.

Im happy for you to list the GOOD chances they had in the first half. Not the good or almost good outcomes.

Back