• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Lyon

Lyon: Vercoutre, Lovren, Fofana, Reveillere, Bisevac, Umtiti, Lacazette, Malbranque, Gonalons, Lisandro, Gomis

Subs: Lopez, Kone, Dabo, Grenier, Ferri, Ghezzal, Benzia

Pardon my ignorance, can you tell me more about their strikeforce, assuming Spurs will try to buy one of them in the near future.

Steed we know.
Lisandro is that Lopez fella is he, how good is he?
Gomis - is he one of those fairly average black pacey French types like Wiltord?

Don't know anything about Lisandro, but Gomis has looked incredibly average whenever I've seen him with France. He's been targeted by Liverpool recently, probably during the Comolli/Kenny period.

AVB interview on ITV4 just said Dempsey on the left of a 4 man midfield with Parker Dembele and Lennon, with Bale and Adebayor up top

AVB interview on ITV4 just said Dempsey on the left of a 4 man midfield with Parker Dembele and Lennon, with Bale and Adebayor up top

That's interesting. I guess that it will be more like 4-4-1-1 and that Dempsey and Bale will switch a fair bit during the game but all the same...

With a 0-0 we only have to avoid losing away, unlike 1-1, 2-2 or other score draws.

Er, cheers. I understand how football works ;)

What I meant was would people be satisfied with a 0 - 0? Personally, I think it would be a decent result. We're pretty handy away from home and always likely to pinch a goal.

Nah, you need to win at home in all competitions and hope for the best away.

I'm sure Lyon will believe a 0-0 to be a good result tonight.

Steffen Iversen pundit on norwegian tv tonight. Cant hide his love towards Tottenham, very positive towards the fans and the stadium. He is saying "WE" instead of Tottenham sometimes. Hah :)

This will be a tough match as Lyon got plenty of experience playing in Europe. Hope we will be inspired by the Peace Cup win over them a few years ago. With this being our only chance of winning a trophy, hope we will give our best in this match. We need to concentrate fully and forget about league matches. There is no reason whatsoever to get distracted as we don't have any league match until next week. Playing at home, we need to get a comfortable win to bring to the second leg at Lyon.

Can see Bale being marked tightly by Lyon. We need someone else to step up and inspire us in attack. I think players like Dempsey, Dembele and Lennon can make a huge difference in this match if they give their best. Not sure what we will get from Adebayor but hope he will play with the right mentality. With Defoe injured, we have to hope Adebayor will get us the goals when needed.

Our defence will be key to us in this match. We cannot afford to concede any goals if we want to go to Lyon in comfortable position. Great to see Gallas and Vertonghen start in defence as they have plenty of experience playing in Europe. Hope they can shut out the Lyon attack. Wish Lloris start in goal due to his Lyon connection but hope Friedel will give his best.

This match will show if we have the mentality to play against a big European club like Lyon. Hope we will turn up and give our best effort. Importantly, we need to beat Lyon comfortably to have any chance in the second leg. Hope we will get that comfortable win.

Steffen Iversen pundit on norwegian tv tonight. Cant hide his love towards Tottenham, very positive towards the fans and the stadium. He is saying "WE" instead of Tottenham sometimes. Hah :)

Is it true he ruined his Spurs career due to excess drinking, or was that rumour unfounded? Please Tweet him and find out, ta.

Feeling very nervous for this match.

Hope we will show everyone we can play and beat a big European team like Lyon.

Back