• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Liverpool

We're not far off but 3 main reasons;

1. We're not clinical enough.
2. Our mentality.
3. We don't have an x factor player in midfield like a Silva, Ozil or Hazard.

None of that means we can't win the league - it makes it unlikely but mentality/clinical finishing can/will hopefully improve with time and maybe someone like Eriksen can step up and be our X factor midfield player? He outperformed Ozil in the second half of last season iirc (creativity wise)

Last season it was our (relatively) poor start to the season which let us down - I think we beat Leicester for points from about match day ten or something and this year we have started much better, if we hit our stride then anything is possible

I think that was more nerves than anything else.
He could have done with coming on a few minutes earlier before receiving that ball.

However, we do need to actually buy another striker to have a chance of winning anything. Let's not assume as Kane has had an injury already he will not get another one this season, or indeed not lose form.

This has been our one failing this season (Son is not a striker), we needed a better 3rd option. Even before he went to Celtic, still think we should have got Dembele

I think that was more nerves than anything else.
He could have done with coming on a few minutes earlier before receiving that ball.

However, we do need to actually buy another striker to have a chance of winning anything. Let's not assume as Kane has had an injury already he will not get another one this season, or indeed not lose form.

Personally I think a natural replacement/competition for Dembele is more urgent. Dembele, or someone resembling him, would have made a massive difference tonight

So you think the chance which fell to Harrison, Sturridge would have missed?

I don't think he would have done the leg work that Janssen did to make the opportunity for Lamela to set him up to start with.

The actual chance itself, going on the efforts Sturridge fluffed tonight you'd have to say it's 50/50 at best, he missed an easy tap in in the six yard box earlier in the half remember.

Disappointed with the team selection but not the result. As Ginola said, really not worth getting so worked up over.

People may accuse me of being negative when it comes to Spurs but the honest truth is I have just accepted we are a nearly team who may win a trophy every 8-10 years or so and win the odd big crunch league game like we did against Emirates Marketing Project. I got my hopes up last season even though I tell myself not to. I'm far more relaxed this season.

Put it this way, let's say we won the FA Cup or the league, we'd be buzzing for a few days after, but how does it really impact your life in the grand scheme of things?

This.

54 years and I have now accepted I will never see Spurs win the League and Warrington Wolves be crowned RL Grand Champions, whereas I think I could see Spurs win the FA Cup one more time and the Wire win a few more Challenge Cups

None of that means we can't win the league - it makes it unlikely but mentality/clinical finishing can/will hopefully improve with time and maybe someone like Eriksen can step up and be our X factor midfield player? He outperformed Ozil in the second half of last season iirc (creativity wise)

Last season it was our (relatively) poor start to the season which let us down - I think we beat Leicester for points from about match day ten or something and this year we have started much better, if we hit our stride then anything is possible

Aren't we actually two points down on the corresponding fixtures last season? We were exactly matching last season's results until the draw on the weekend, where we dropped two (iirc).

Given that we're basically doing the same as last season but at a different period, I really don't think we should put too much stock in this start.

No Dembele, Son, Eriksen, Verts, Lloris (although Vorm had an absolute blinder), Rose or Walker tonight.

Puts it into perspective how decent our first team is doesn't it really.

I was thinking in the first 15 mins when we were still finding our feet that this is what it used to be like all the time, even at our best we were still crap.

I don't doubt the ability of the players or the manager, I doubt our ability to take good opportunites when presented to us. I'd like to see us actually win a game when we have the ability to go top for example. Until we can actually do that and get to the top of the league (even if just for a few hours) then I don't believe we should entertain the idea of winning it.

Top 4 is definitely doable though.

Aren't we actually two points down on the corresponding fixtures last season? We were exactly matching last season's results until the draw on the weekend, where we dropped two (iirc).

Given that we're basically doing the same as last season but at a different period, I really don't think we should put too much stock in this start.

yeah better not get too enthusiastic bout anything eh

It depends whether our form improves going forward like it did last season. Beating those fudging Leicester clams would be a great start.

I'm not bothered with losing but we were half hearted in certain areas tonight - better youngsters playing for Liverpool which annoys as we have a much lauded academy.

We need to take look at our youngsters coaching setup IMHO

Na dude, I just can't see how someone can do something amazing, then immediately do something stupid, rash (his tackling is wild) or silly. A great player will be consistently great. Lamela is consistently inconsistent. He's had 3 seasons now and it should be his last season for me IMO.

see i can agree with/understand posts like this - he is a very frustrating player, no doubt.

Back