• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Liverpool

When the negatives outweigh the positives and you're used to that then that's always going to happen.

Seems to me like you haven't gotten over his first couple of seasons and every negative action just reinforces your opinion of him and all the good he does goes unnoticed - hence posts like the earlier one when after me crediting his pass to Harrison you had to reply pointing out two misplaced passes - like they would somehow counteract what would have been a fantastic assist

Ok second half, Vorm MOTM. Wanyama boss when he came on. A bit disappointed with Omnoah think he should have done better.

It still hurts as much as when I was a kid to go out of a cup. I'm so disappointed with the team selection and the chances we had which weren't taken. Feel sorry for our boys who travelled up there.

Anyone who travelled all the way up there expecting a different line up didn't do their homework.

I do feel sorry for anyone who has to visit that cesspit though.

What worries me most about our overall performance this year is that we rarely look like scoring a lot of goals. We don't seem to create a huge number of chances, and even when Kane was fit, it never felt as if we had the players who would take most of the chances we did create.

It looks as if Janssen will need a season even if he does eventually step up. Kane's not been in great form, even when fit. And Son is inconsistent. I think we need to change from a 4-2-3-1 and get more players forwards if we are going to get top 4 this season.

Seems to me like you haven't gotten over his first couple of seasons and every negative action just reinforces your opinion of him and all the good he does goes unnoticed - hence posts like the earlier one when after me crediting his pass to Harrison you had to reply pointing out two misplaced passes - like they would somehow counteract what would have been a fantastic assist

Na dude, I just can't see how someone can do something amazing, then immediately do something stupid, rash (his tackling is wild) or silly. A great player will be consistently great. Lamela is consistently inconsistent. He's had 3 seasons now and it should be his last season for me IMO.

Anyway, phuck this particular game.

Get the first-teamers out v Leicester, smash them. Then all of our rivals draw their games (City, Goons and Liverpool all away from home, you never know) and we go top, have some of that!

He has goals. And to win matches or trophies you need goals. 60+ Possession obsession doesn't do that.
If he was playing for us tonight it would be us into the next round.

No chance, we didn't create any five yard tap ins and he wouldn't have done any work in the build up.

Harrison learns how to fudgeing trap on his chest and it'd be 2-2.
I think that was more nerves than anything else.
He could have done with coming on a few minutes earlier before receiving that ball.

However, we do need to actually buy another striker to have a chance of winning anything. Let's not assume as Kane has had an injury already he will not get another one this season, or indeed not lose form.

Anyone who travelled all the way up there expecting a different line up didn't do their homework.

I do feel sorry for anyone who has to visit that cesspit though.

I live down the road and I wont go there, its bad even working on the outskirts of Liverpool without having to go to that ground. I need my wheels on my car, and my windscreen

Ah, well. No one should have expected anything from young Harrison in that situation - yes, it was a great chance, but he's young, and he'd only just come on - not even sure if he managed to get a blade of grass on his boots between his introduction and that chance.

And, incidentally, I don't think Janssen would have done any better there.

Sigh. In the end, I just have to repeat what I said last season (which I got a lot of stick for) when we cravenly went out to Arsenal after playing a reserve eleven - F*ck you, Poch. This dismissal of the domestic cups remains a major failing of yours. And this loss is yours, and yours alone - Janssen was sh*te bar the penalty, and the reserves as a whole were a pretty sorry lot save for Winks, but you made the decision to put them out there.

When Lamela and Wanyama came on, we gained a lot of control in the game. When Lamela looked up and played that potentially game-changing pass to Harrison, all I could think of (After the miss) was how different the game would have been were he on from the start, with the rest of the side. But, ifs and buts now, Liverpool, Arsenal and the others get to the quarter-finals, and we'll happily settle for being also-rans in the league again while silverware goes to someone else.

Positives -

Winks - did really well, I feel. In fact, I'd say today puts him ahead of young Onomah in my estimation - Winks is clearly a more proactive, energetic, astute player at the moment. Was often the only one who looked like he gave a a sh*t.
CCV - yeah, he conceded two goals, one due to a horrible defensive miscommunication...but he didn't make any major errors himself aside from his contributions to those two moments.
Vorm - made some solid saves, wasn't to blame for the goals conceded.

Negatives -

Janssen - scored the penalty, looked utterly lost otherwise.
Davies - looked *really* shaky down the left, didn't offer much up front. Bad game from him.
Onomah -young lad, so not criticising him unduly at all, but I felt like he was a bit lazy, and very ineffective when on the ball.
Mauricio Pochettino - As I said, this is his responsibility, and his own. Again, f*ck the guy. I hope the weekend proves worth it, because another result like at Bournemouth will really make me wonder why the otherwise talented man is so eager to throw away his chances of actually winning something (anything at all) so callously.

Ah, f*ck it, nothing to be done now. Sigh.

It still hurts as much as when I was a kid to go out of a cup. I'm so disappointed with the team selection and the chances we had which weren't taken. Feel sorry for our boys who travelled up there.

Disappointed with the team selection but not the result. As Ginola said, really not worth getting so worked up over.

People may accuse me of being negative when it comes to Spurs but the honest truth is I have just accepted we are a nearly team who may win a trophy every 8-10 years or so and win the odd big crunch league game like we did against Emirates Marketing Project. I got my hopes up last season even though I tell myself not to. I'm far more relaxed this season.

Put it this way, let's say we won the FA Cup or the league, we'd be buzzing for a few days after, but how does it really impact your life in the grand scheme of things?

Back