• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

I refuse to blame either Defoe or Bale. Defoe should have scored, Bale might have been better passing it earlier, but I can't hold either of them at fault. Same with BAE and Ledley for the penalty. The lads were fudging brilliant as a unit and I've come away with an amazing feeling of pride, soured only by Howard Webb's moment of...whatever it was.

We're 3rd at the end of January and we came back from 2-0 down away to the leaders who have spent billions of pounds. Football is a clam sometimes, but I can take a lot out of that game.

pretty much sums up my feelings

some people that post on this board are complete idiots

one in particular

And we of Spurs have set our sights very high... so high, in fact, that even failure will have in it an echo of glory!

This sums us up today.

I have been chilled for most of the season as I know what a great side we are...today, I was absolutely livid, furious. Howard Webb has ONCE AGAIN COST US A MATCH!
First, how can the of the three of them have missed Lescott's leading elbow thumping Kaboul in the head? Secondly, how can the three of them NOT have seen that disgusting challenge by tacootelli? A disgrace.

I hope the rage burns so deeply that we now go on another great unbeaten run, consolidate third and hope that the cowards ban Lescott and clamotelli...

After a slow start we play well, in the past we would have fallen through the floor at 2-0, great spirit and true grit. Even in defeat we kept our heads held high. You can't buy that type of spirit. I don't expect the FA will do anything as the Golden Boy saw the incident (with that extra eye he has by his lft ear!) and took the appropriate action lol

Sad thread this. On the King one I'm guessing those who ask why didn't he do this, or that, have never played any kind of sport let alone football. People make mistakes in sport, often in split seconds. King has often saved us, and today played superbly well (regalrdless of the utter dross suggestions that this one mistake is a sign of his decline). But in general I am stunned how silly people can be. I don't mind sensible criticism to determine how we can improve for the next game, and for future moments like the one today, but we actually played very well. Almost everyone who saw that game will recognise we were the better team second half. But on a few things, not sure at all why Livermore for Rafa was a negative sign, quite the opposite for me not least because people forget we has a chance to win it with Bale and Defoe breaking through. That was after the sub. As for Defoe well Mick Cooper above sums up my feelings. Proud of us today, believe more than ever in this team and what we can become. And I say that without forgetting just how tough this league is, something apparently lost on so many.

just got in from watching around the out-laws... gf's Dad and me both said that Benny should have let it go for a throw... and it came back to bite us.

terrible decision making. a point would have been a very, very creditable result there.

and then King - i don't think i've ever see him 'tackle' like that. he looked slow today (when slipped and got up, he could barely get his legs going again) so i can only think that he knows his body is letting him down and that he couldn't match Mario for speed if he tried to run it, so he (King) lunged.

great come back, feel robbed, feel proud, feel frustrated at the fine margins and we could easily have won that, especially as a few players were off top form today; for me - Modric, Benny, Walker, VDV... all below par.

shame. i naffing hate City with their stolen celebration and 'stolen' money. we came the width of a post and, arguably, any one decision from five - Benny, King, Bale's pass and Webb (twice) from humping you in your own back yard.

enjoy it, bozos, you won't win brick this year.

Sad thread this. On the King one I'm guessing those who ask why didn't he do this, or that, have never played any kind of sport let alone football. People make mistakes in sport, often in split seconds. King has often saved us, and today played superbly well (regalrdless of the utter dross suggestions that this one mistake is a sign of his decline). But in general I am stunned how silly people can be. I don't mind sensible criticism to determine how we can improve for the next game, and for future moments like the one today, but we actually played very well. Almost everyone who saw that game will recognise we were the better team second half. But on a few things, not sure at all why Livermore for Rafa was a negative sign, quite the opposite for me not least because people forget we has a chance to win it with Bale and Defoe breaking through. That was after the sub. As for Defoe well Mick Cooper above sums up my feelings. Proud of us today, believe more than ever in this team and what we can become. And I say that without forgetting just how tough this league is, something apparently lost on so many.

It's not lost on anyone. You're just being emotional for no bloody reason. As i said before, you can criticise the decsion making of a player even if we do put on a good performance. A mistake is a mistake and it's doesn't matter if it was made when we played well or when we didn't play well. Nobody is saying player X is brick or player X should be dropped. There were basic errors that cost us today and hopefully we learn from it. That's all.

Sorry if it's already been posted but did you all see what Kyle Walker wrote on his twitter?

Brilliant

just got in from watching around the out-laws... gf's Dad and me both said that Benny should have let it go for a throw... and it came back to bite us.

terrible decision making. a point would have been a very, very creditable result there.

and then King - i don't think i've ever see him 'tackle' like that. he looked slow today (when slipped and got up, he could barely get his legs going again) so i can only think that he knows his body is letting him down and that he couldn't match Mario for speed if he tried to run it, so he (King) lunged.

great come back, feel robbed, feel proud, feel frustrated at the fine margins and we could easily have won that, especially as a few players were off top form today; for me - Modric, Benny, Walker, VDV... all below par.

shame. i naffing hate City with their stolen celebration and 'stolen' money. we came the width of a post and, arguably, any one decision from five - Benny, King, Bale's pass and Webb (twice) from humping you in your own back yard.

enjoy it, bozos, you won't win brick this year.

That was the one for me. When we went into added time I was praying for the whistle, hoping that City would settle for the point, when Nasri? misplaced that pass for a brief moment I though that was it. Throw-in, back to Friedel waste a few more seconds, couple more passes to each other game over.
And then Benny belted it upfield, such a shame it turned out to be so costly. Still gutted, so so near.

No qualms about the pen decision, but if there truly was any justice in the footballing world, Balotelli would have put it wide

I'll never ever forget that game... Just gutted...

I was quite confident before the game, especially after looking at the line up with King at the back.

I think we were alright in the first half, but they could have been 1 or 2 up at half time because we were strugling to create chances with defoe all on his own and van der vaart sleeping. The came the second half and they scored two in five minutes. I actually think we lost that game twice because at 2-0 i couldnt see us coming back. If it wasnt for a mistake from Savic i actually think we could have lost this by 3 or more. Before that defoe goal, it was Men against boys with their physical presence keeping players like assou ekotto and lennon out of the game.

Then came that wondergoal from Bale. After that we were the best team. Balotelli came on and you could see straight away that he was in a bad mood, he should have been sent off, maybe we paid that harsh Kompany red card from two weeks ago. Every game there are decisions against us and at this level, they make differences.

Maybe we have to be harder with referees.

I also think we're too small, of course having small technical players like Silva and Aguero is great but players like assou ekotto or Van der vaart were not able to breath today.

Then came the last minute ..

The worst is that the game ended today with that dingdonghead of Balotelli not even celebrating his goal.

I have hated Arsenal for years and years but i actually think i hate this lot even more now.

Back