• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: ***TOTTENHAM v sunderland***

It's funny, though, that Rafa's last act in a Spurs shirt was conceding a penalty that led to us losing at the same ground that Arsenal won at today. The old leaving a last, putrid gift to the new.

I was thinking that too.

Also the Scums last two eminently winnable games that they got six points from, we got none from those corresponding fixtures!

I'm not.

If we had been in 4th place going into the day and Arsenal pipped us, I would be. But we were 5th going into the game, we shouldn't be relying on other teams. Arsenals run was outstanding and they deserved the top 4 ahead of us.

I am not sure they did.
Just take penalties this season, for example.

we could have had four today and had at least two stonewallers.
in fact, we haven't had one all season.
They, on the other hand have had the Cazorla dive for starters. Also on the same weekend that Walcott was falling over away at Wigan to get a pen, Bale was trying to stay on his feet after being bundled into the back of ( not unlike today) and missing a really good chance because if it.
Don't even get me started on the Goons game with Norwich and a penalty given for a tit for tat bit of shirt pulling, (wait for the best bit).... by the linesman 60 yards away!!
Never seen that before,doubt you will see it again.

Do think though we should never have let it get out of our hands (again) and once Arsenal regained control they were relentless, just like Chelsea were and showed us how it should be done.
No good upping our level once we had lost control of our own destiny and relying on other teams to do us a favour,too late then!

We really need to do that.
Whatever happens the kids will get experience and if we get through then fine, if not then fine too. We will be fresh For the PL
win win

If we sacrifice europe, or put it to one side - play the frindge players - I don't see why we cant challenge for the top spots in the PL. AVB just has to make others believe this - Bale, Levy, XXXX, and XXXXX. I would tell you who the Xs are but its the wrong thread for that kinda talk.

If we sacrifice europe, or put it to one side - play the frindge players - I don't see why we cant challenge for the top spots in the PL. AVB just has to make others believe this - Bale, Levy, XXXX, and XXXXX. I would tell you who the Xs are but its the wrong thread for that kinda talk.

We were short at LB, CM and up front for large parts of the group stage. Players injured or out of form would still have impacted on our league form. I'd like to think AVB and everyone else have learned a thing or two about balancing several competitions at once from this season.

I'm a new poster. Not one of them halfwit gooner trolls. When are we gonna stop bottling it. Year after year, when is it gonna end. I don't care what people say, we ARE a one man team. Take away Bale and what do you have, an above average Fulham team. We need someone to compliment him and not clowns like Adebayor. Something needs to change. Big name signings needed in the summer. My theory is that Bale is most effective playing as a striker. Play him up front and sign someone like Mata or (dare I say it) Cazorla to feed him the ball. And then again, what happens when he stops accepting mediocrity and leaves for Madrid. We will be royally fudged.

We were short at LB, CM and up front for large parts of the group stage. Players injured or out of form would still have impacted on our league form. I'd like to think AVB and everyone else have learned a thing or two about balancing several competitions at once from this season.

Rose, BAE, Townsend, new CM (we will won't we?). Although we're no doubt in for a new striker, probably getting someone young like Leonardo or that Croatian, we currently have Ade/ Defoe/ Bale/ Dempsey, which is not too shabby. I know they were not all firing, fit or cemented as forwards this season, but keeping some continuity can be important.

We should have enough depth for a second string next year.

Naughton should be at right back with Rose at left back
Dawson and Caulker our centre halves.
Townsend and others who have been upgraded on in midfield.
Defoe up front or a young striker we may have signed (Rebic)

Also a good competition for the likes of Tom Carroll, Alex Pritchard, Cristian Ceballos etc.

The goal rumour today made me laugh. Crowd went nuts thinking Saudi Sportswashing Machine had scored, people around my area going nuts. Bloke next to me had radio in so we were telling everyone it was still 1-0, no-one noticed and carried on celebrating, must have felt right tits when they actually heard the score!

Play the reserves/kids ;)

Over a 38 game season many things cost us as I'm sure you will acknowledge. Europa league for example didn't cause us to drop points at Wigan. I really enjoyed our run this season and we have a real chance of winning next year. Like I said before would like us to win a trophy.

I was in row 13 block 54, not a bad view. I sat in in Paxton Upper vs West Ham and Chelsea.

Sat in Paxton Lower and Park Lane lower for most of the others.

Over a 38 game season many things cost us as I'm sure you will acknowledge. Europa league for example didn't cause us to drop points at Wigan. I really enjoyed our run this season and we have a real chance of winning next year. Like I said before would like us to win a trophy.

I agree fully. I want us to give it another go next season. Although I hope we'll rotate just a tad more for some of the EL matches, especially in the group stages.

Somewhat related to what we want I fully expect AVB to give it another go next season and for Levy to support that.

Indeed. The Europa also can't be blamed for our slow start to the season which resulted in only 2pts gained from our first 3 games, the fact that Dembele, Lloris, Adebayor and Dempsey were all signed after the Premier League had begun and thus missed out on pre-season training with the new management team may have been a factor in that bad run though...

The Europa League also didn't prevent Chavski from matching our points tally over the 2nd half of the season...

Last edited:
We won today but individual brilliance is lovely to watch but not something we should be relying on.
How we play at home is WRONG!!
AVB has got it 100% right away from home but at home he needs to pull his finger out.

Back