• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: ***TOTTENHAM v sunderland***

Oh well, so close and yet to far again... a record points haul but a few too many slip ups over the course of the season just cost us the chance of a truly glorious season: 2pts from the first 3 games (perhaps if Dembele and Dempsey had been signed a bit earlier in window then we might not have dropped those points), losing 1-0 at home to Wigan and Fulham, losing from winning positions twice on Merseyside...

Hopefully we'll have all our summer transfer dealings done before the Premier League gets underway this season so the entire squad has a proper pre-season together and we hit the ground running [-o<

fudge who cares about the Champions league when we will be fighting for the premiership, would be just a distraction any way.

raceforcl.jpg

First half of the season:

Chelsea 36
Arsenal 33
Tottenham 33

Second half:

Arsenal 40
Chelsea 39
Tottenham 39

Our run since losing at Everton: WDWWWDDDWWWWLLWDWDWDWW

Arsenal since losing against City and Chelsea: WDWWWLWWWWDWDWWW

Chelsea since their poor run of 4 points from 7 games: WDWWWLWWDLWLWWWLWDDWWWW

so close...........

We lost on small margins but could have prevented this. When Bale goes at a high price to pay for the new stadium, in 5 years we'll have the last laugh. Well done Arsenal, you sold your best player and gambled on average players who have done just enough. Lets hope next year on final day you are in with a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordinho View

First half of the season:

Chelsea 36
Arsenal 33
Tottenham 33

Second half:

Arsenal 40
Chelsea 39
Tottenham 39

Our run since losing at Everton: WDWWWDDDWWWWLLWDWDWDWW

Arsenal since losing against City and Chelsea: WDWWWLWWWWDWDWWW

Chelsea since their poor run of 4 points from 7 games: WDWWWLWWDLWLWWWLWDDWWWW
[/QUOTE]

Just shows what we're up against .

Well done Spurs , it was a good effort that just fell short but with AVB and some Levy financial backing, I'm confident we will have our day.

COYS!!!

Been a long time reader on here but never posted before....Been a spurs fan now for nearly 45 yrs plus...days like this are in our blood..yes it hurts but give it 5 mins and you will have a smile on your face cos we are SPURS! And when the day comes, and it's not if it is when, it will be the sweetest day of your life...we are going places, and with Bale in tow as well...BELIEVE!!

COYS!!

Just think how much worse it could have been if we had scored early and Arsenal scored in the 90th minute.

Amazing Arsenal learnt to defend in the 2ns half of season just did not give away silly goals as they have done in previous seasons. Seems like the "bould effect" got the 4th place. They are also good at attacking set pieces esp with mertebricker. We really need to tighten up next season too many set piece goals given away and too few scored.

Been a long time reader on here but never posted before....Been a spurs fan now for nearly 45 yrs plus...days like this are in our blood..yes it hurts but give it 5 mins and you will have a smile on your face cos we are SPURS! And when the day comes, and it's not if it is when, it will be the sweetest day of your life...we are going places, and with Bale in tow as well...BELIEVE!!

COYS!!

Well done sir.

Whatever happens to Spurs at least we can seek comfort in the fact that we don't support a team of ****s. Disappointed but proud of the effort and never say die attitude this entire season.

And before I go I'd like to add, Mariner you complete dingdonghead.

Whether you're proud of the team or not, you guys can't tell me you're not disappointed

Of course. But the CL race wasn't lost today, it was lost in both transfer windows. They left us chasing 4th spot with the crock of brick Adebayor and a streaky Defoe. Adebayor has proven the last games that it has never been about ability, it has been about actually giving a brick about your club, your employer and your fans. I will be very disappointed if he is leading our line next season, nah, if he is in our squad altogether. The rest was all about Murphy's Law, as it has been so many times.

I am quite optimistic about the future, but we need to sort the squad out. As it looks now, keeping Bale would be job half done. Having Sandro back would be massive. The rest is up to you, Daniel.

Lets be honest, with the funding the CL Elite have gotten for the last .. years, we had only a small hope but money talks in the prem and it wins you top positions. We didnt spend enough.....

Lets be honest, with the funding the CL Elite have gotten for the last .. years, we had only a small hope but money talks in the prem and it wins you top positions. We didnt spend enough.....

Not this flimflam again.
We spent everything we had.
The only way we could spend more is taking on even more debt.

At the start of the day I thought how can I get excited about finishing 4th? Obviously it means a lot in terms of money but is it really glory like winning a trophy? More funny is getting excited about getting into a competition (CL) that neither us nor Arse have a chance of winning whereas we both have a better chance of winning the Europa league as we came close this year. May sound like a naive post but it is where football is nowadays. I started supporting Spurs at a time when winning a trophy any trophy was glory!

What a strike by Bale to clinch the win. So, since 1995 and still counting, a hoodoo I thought we'd break today... Damn the scum, let's keep Bale and buy a couple of players, our defence needs to be better next year. We missed Sandro this season, otherwise we'd have got CL I felt.

Onwards, COYS !!!

Against the Top 6 we picked up 5 more points than the Gooners but we dropped 6 more points against the Bottom 6 than them and that, as much as anything, cost us the chance of making a good season into a glorious one.

Points haul versus Top 6 this season:
TeamWonDrawnLostGoals ForGoals AgainstGoal DifferencePoints
Chavski6221613+320
Emirates Marketing Project4331312+115
ManU4241514+114
Spurs3341922-312
ARSEnal1451215-37

Points hauls versus the Bottom 6 this season:
TeamWonDrawnLostGoals ForGoals AgainstGoal DifferencePoints
ManU12003310+2336
ARSEnal1020278+1932
Emirates Marketing Project1011253+2231
Chavski8223112+1926
Spurs8222210+1226

Last edited:
At the start of the day I thought how can I get excited about finishing 4th? Obviously it means a lot in terms of money but is it really glory like winning a trophy? More funny is getting excited about getting into a competition (CL) that neither us nor Arse have a chance of winning whereas we both have a better chance of winning the Europa league as we came close this year. May sound like a naive post but it is where football is nowadays. I started supporting Spurs at a time when winning a trophy any trophy was glory!

What pleasure is there in finishing 2nd in the Championship? Sure, you'd rather finish 1st, but hey it means you're playing against the best in the country next season. For me finishing in 4th place would be like seeing Spurs promoted. But we missed out. By a heartbreaking point.

Back