• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. Tottenham v Rochdale.

In all seriousness - VAR should be a challenge-based asset to be used when one coach or another feels they have a valid claim for use. Limit to two per half.
You've been watching too much NFL. But even there they review touchdowns and calls in the last two minutes of each half without a coach's challenge.

If you can't see within 3 replays whether the ref got it wrong, then go with the refs original call. That's what they should do. Then they could hurry the phuck up with it. The main thing for me is that it takes way too long. 5 minutes of added time at the end of a first half with no injuries, crazy.

Much credit to the lads for keeping their heads and going about their jobs professionally. Very happy for llorente and his hat trick, and extremely pleased for walker Peters and his goal. Var was a bloody travesty, and I dread it for the coming rounds in the cup. Hopefully everyone else, including the fa, agrees.

Well done, lads, on to Huddersfield!

If you can't see within 3 replays whether the ref got it wrong, then go with the refs original call. That's what they should do. Then they could hurry the phuck up with it. The main thing for me is that it takes way too long. 5 minutes of added time at the end of a first half with no injuries, crazy.
Agree. BT pundits were saying replays showed within 40 seconds what had happened so a time limit of 60 secs would seem about right. Like you say if it's still unclear after that, time's up, automatically go with the ref's original decision.

Almost home.
Feels like I spent most of the first half not knowing what was going on. And most of the second half not being able to see what was going on. Exaggeration, but conditions were bad.
A very odd game. Hard to get engaged with it.
If VAR is going to play a part they have to iron out these incompetemcies but also they have to let people know what's going on.

Happy for Lorente.
Lamela best of ours. Moura looks good.
KWP is in my bad books. (Bet on 5-1). But pleased for him.

Some of you are being too critical of VAR. Sure it has teething problem - what new system doesn't? It's there to reduce human error and review gaming changing incidents. FA needs to speed it up otherwise it works. Example; if it was not for VAR, the ref would have awarded us a free kick instead of a penalty - clearly Trippier ended being fouled in the box - of course Son fluffed the pen by stopping in the run up before kicking the ball. His fault for not knowing the laws of the game.

All of that is academic of course now that we won the match comfortably.

I don’t want to add trite remarks but we won the double in 1961, we have won nothing with this squad. In terms of player ability, it has to be one of our best, but we need trophies to cement the players reputation.

Is this your application for a job as commentator at SKY or BT? :D

The concept of VAR is good, but if how they are applying it is the best they can do, I'd rather they bin it.

Hopefully they will improve the application of it, otherwise it seems like they have set it up to fail.

Thing is I don't think the ref makes a decision with VAR, they stand back and say is it a goal? Not, I'm giving a goal unless you can prove otherwise.
Total farce with no guidance with it works, that's 3 games I've seen with it and they've all had different methods.

Agree. BT pundits were saying replays showed within 40 seconds what had happened so a time limit of 60 secs would seem about right. Like you say if it's still unclear after that, time's up, automatically go with the ref's original decision.
The ref doesnt make decision s as they are advised to let it run until,like the moura pen and boarder line offsides

Some of you are being too critical of VAR. Sure it has teething problem - what new system doesn't? It's there to reduce human error and review gaming changing incidents. FA needs to speed it up otherwise it works. Example; if it was not for VAR, the ref would have awarded us a free kick instead of a penalty - clearly Trippier ended being fouled in the box - of course Son fluffed the pen by stopping in the run up before kicking the ball. His fault for not knowing the laws of the game.

All of that is academic of course now that we won the match comfortably.

I’m not so sure about that. Judgment, opinion is a crucial part of justice as much so as rules. Often decisions are shades of grey we need interpretation, because some decisions are close calls.

Trippier was fouled outside the box. The defenders arm remained on Trippier shoulder inside the box but wasnt exerting any force inside the box. Still a foul? Technically yes. Morally no. FK was right decision for me.

Lorente shirt pulling while defender does the same. Six of one half a dozen of the other. Technically Llorente committed a foul. Morally it was evens. Goal should have stood.

VAR stops interpretation, and leads to silly decisions where visual queues are everything. For example a ref 5 meters away can tell if Trippier is pushed down in the box, while a camera shows an arm across his shoulder leading to a pen decision.

Use VAR sparingly and it can add to the game. Offsides and a few other things possibly. Let pitch refs make judgement calls on fouls.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I travel a decent amount and been to T.O around winter .... this weather just feels cold regardless of altitude, temperature etc. Almost like humidity adding the heat factor vs dry heat

I'm sure for a Certified Beautician like yerself, just opening the fridge door gives you chillblains.

Y'wanna blow smoke, go have a dart.

Back