• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT-Tottenham v QPR******

Whatever the official club estimate was - double it, and then add another 3 weeks for good measure = answer

This.

I'm sure I read when he went for his op, he was expected back mid-Sept. Now I'm hearing he is still 2/3 weeks away.

Benny is a month, so call that November at least before he's back
Kaboul is December, so we wont see him until the New Year

and now I see Naughton is out.

New season, same problem with defensive injuries ](*,)

Is Naughton out then? Hope not, thought he played well last night and would rather keep Vertonghen at CB who is looking more and more impressive.....

Certainly looked a better back-up than Rose had been last season. After seeing him the last 2 games I hadnt been too worried about Benny's injury.
If Naughton is now out I wonder if Bale might revert to LB. Vertonghen seems to bedding in well at CB, it would be a shame to have to move him

Re: ****omt -Tottenham v QPR******

-----------------Lloris
Walker-----Caulker---Vertonghen---Naughton
-------------Sandro-----Dembele
Lennon--------------------------------Bale
----------------Dempsey------------------
----------------------Defoe---------------

Thats what I would play as well . Caulker looked better last night than Gallas has this season and I think its better to get Lloris in and for him to start developing an understanding with the CBs sooner rather than later. Tough on Brad but think we need to be unemotional about this. Would also play Dempsey over Siggy as we need more goal threat

I won't bother wasting my time typing out a team as we know it will be -

Friedel

Walker
Gallas
Vertonghen
Naughton

Sandro
Dembele

Lennon
Sigurdsson
Bale

Defoe

It's going to take time to settle into the new system. 4-4-2 will probably get us a win when you consider we are use to the formation, but we are better off keeping at it and playing the 4-5-1 until it clicks consistently. If it ain't going to plan in the second half then throw on Dempsey, who did look a threat tonight, and switch to a 4-4-2.

We have yet to play 4-4-2. In every game we've been playing 4-2-3-1 with Siggy or Dempsey clearly deeper than Defoe

I still think that at home, we should go for it and adopt the following formation:

Freidel

Walker
Gallas
Vertonghen

Sandro
Dembele

Lennon
Dempsey
Bale

Defoe
Adebayor

If this is the same JL that produced this:

[video=youtube;pA4n2oe5HfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4n2oe5HfY[/video]

....then I am happy to give this one a go!

3-1 Spurs Defoe 1, Dembele 1, Vertonghen 1.

Tis thee. Not seen that vid in a while and just noticed a pretty ridiculous typo towards the end.

We have yet to play 4-4-2. In every game we've been playing 4-2-3-1 with Siggy or Dempsey clearly deeper than Defoe

Yeah sorry, i meant under Harry the majority of the players are relatively use to playing in a 4-4-2. Should stick with the 4-2-3-1 until the players get it for me though.

George Ian Cooper ‏@QPRTimes
Lots of injury problems for #QPR ahead of #thfc match. Ferdinand, Mbia, Traore, Fabio, Diakite and Taarabt all out.

George Ian Cooper ‏@QPRTimes
Lots of injury problems for #QPR ahead of #thfc match. Ferdinand, Mbia, Traore, Fabio, Diakite and Taarabt all out.

Not getting carried away, I remember Saudi Sportswashing Machine were supposed to have a load missing for our game and then ended up fielding a near-full strength team

RANGERS boss Mark Hughes has confirmed he could be without seven first-teamers for Sunday’s trip to face Tottenham Hotspur.

Andy Johnson was this week ruled out for the majority of the season after picking up an anterior cruciate ligament injury in our draw with Chelsea last weekend.

Fabio da Silva and Anton Ferdinand (both hamstring) are also out after suffering injuries in that stalemate against the Blues.

Samba Diakite, Stephane Mbia (groin) and Armand Traore (leg) are set to miss out too, while Hughes will make a late call on Adel Taarabt (hamstring).

“We’ve got a number of injuries at the back,” he told www.qpr.co.uk. “Anton Ferdinand is not going to be available. Fabio is going to be out for a number of weeks. Armand Traore is out too and Samba isn’t ready.

“We’re going to have to have a shuffle around at the back.

“Adel Taarabt didn’t complete the training session today (Friday), so we’re going to have to check on him tomorrow. He might not be available.

“Stephane Mbia is also not available. He’s still got a little bit of discomfort from an injury picked up on international duty. We’re not going to risk him. He might be available in midweek [against Reading in the Capital One Cup].”

QPR travel to White Hart Lane at the weekend looking for a first league win of the campaign – and Hughes added: “We discussed our away form at the beginning of the season. It’s an area we need to improve on.

“We got a point at Norwich, which was positive, and it’s always difficult going to Emirates Marketing Project.

“Spurs is a tough game for us. They are an outstanding team. They've got winners throughout their side and great strength in depth.

“I watched Spurs against Reading and was very impressed. They controlled the game. [Jermain] Defoe is playing very well at the moment

“We know what they are capable of. But we're an improving side and we'll head there in confident mood.”

Every game is massive until the media fudge off and leave AVB alone. Especially at home to sides who should finish bottom half. This is something we missed out on in our opening two home games disappointedly.

Either we'll thrash them or Julio Cesar will be Man of the Match and stop everything that comes his way.

Back