• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Watford***

Well, I thought we were pretty good up to getting 1-0 up, in control. Didn't create a lot but got into good positions where a players touch let them down to get a shooting chance (Moura a couple of times) or the final pass wasn't good enough.

With the exception of Dembele, who did nothing from the first minute and got worse as the game went on. A player with such ability turns in these infuriating performances and does nothing to stem the tide when the opposition gain momentum on their own patch. What the phuck was that foul for the free-kick? Giving away square passes in midfield, twice within the space of about 2 minutes, I would have subbed him there and then. Winks was a huge improvement for the few minutes he was on.

Not taking the chance to go top of the table...I should have known better than to get my hopes up. And crap from Poch to sit on his hands when they get to 1-1, Winks should have been on way earlier. Why bring off Davies, who wasn't doing too bad, and give Rose about 3 minutes game time? Pointless.

It was a gutless last 20-30 minutes. P1ssed off with them to be honest (and I'm normally optimistic about our team).

At least Son coming back should give us a boost. Beat Liverpool and it's all forgotten and Poch normally gets a response when we mess up.

I don’t think it has anything to do with the defeat today. He said it post match. It was just poor in my view. Fergie never admitted his team deserved to lose even when they got hockeyed. Poch comes out after we deservedly beat a top 6 rival in their back yard and says we didn’t deserve to win? That’s poor and disrespectful in my book.

I thought Pochettino was trying to ‘keep it real’ and make sure the squad did not become overconfident!
That didn’t work

Well, I thought we were pretty good up to getting 1-0 up, in control. Didn't create a lot but got into good positions where a players touch let them down to get a shooting chance (Moura a couple of times) or the final pass wasn't good enough.

With the exception of Dembele, who did nothing from the first minute and got worse as the game went on. A player with such ability turns in these infuriating performances and does nothing to stem the tide when the opposition gain momentum on their own patch. What the phuck was that foul for the free-kick? Giving away square passes in midfield, twice within the space of about 2 minutes, I would have subbed him there and then. Winks was a huge improvement for the few minutes he was on.

Not taking the chance to go top of the table...I should have known better than to get my hopes up. And crap from Poch to sit on his hands when they get to 1-1, Winks should have been on way earlier. Why bring off Davies, who wasn't doing too bad, and give Rose about 3 minutes game time? Pointless.

It was a gutless last 20-30 minutes. P1ssed off with them to be honest (and I'm normally optimistic about our team).

At least Son coming back should give us a boost. Beat Liverpool and it's all forgotten and Poch normally gets a response when we mess up.

He seemed pretty off to me. Some unimpressive passing and didn’t create much, if anything.

He seemed pretty off to me. Some unimpressive passing and didn’t create much, if anything.

He didn't have the best game, but if Poch wanted Rose to do something, why bring him on at 87 minutes? For me, Davies started to do a bit more as the game went on, although he seems to be doing his best to encourage Poch to pick Rose again.

Ah stop. Fergie achieved par? He saw off a free spending Blackburn, Wengers Arsenal, Mourinho’s Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project to win leagues. Greatest of all time.
Ok harsh and full credit to him for building 3 teams when new money clubs came along and also evolving with the game (something Wenger failed to do for example) but the sentiment was that he / the others enjoyed a lot of competitive advantages (wages, Fergie time, shoe in top 4, CL scheduling over Europa etc) so what works for a team with huge resources might be different for one that is trying to overtake 5 domestic teams with bigger budgets...

He didn't have the best game, but if Poch wanted Rose to do something, why bring him on at 87 minutes? For me, Davies started to do a bit more as the game went on, although he seems to be doing his best to encourage Poch to pick Rose again.

Davies was shocking IMO
Defensively ok but attack wise he put in 1 cross and misplaced almost all his other passes
Rose should have been on earlier by some way IMO

Davies was shocking IMO
Defensively ok but attack wise he put in 1 cross and misplaced almost all his other passes

It's a fair point. My issue with Poch's sub was not so much that Davies made way, but that he did it at 87 minutes and gave Rose hardly any time to impact the game (which I assume is the objective of bringing him on in the first place).

Davies was shocking IMO

I didn’t see the first half today due to work but I was screaming for Rose to come on from the 50th minute. I’m no tactician but it seemed the obvious change.

I didn’t see the first half today due to work but I was screaming for Rose to come on from the 50th minute. I’m no tactician but it seemed the obvious change.

I really like Davies and think he is much under valued but he was as and today as I’ve ever seen him and rose would have been a really good option to try and push Watford back down that side

Seems weird to express defensive concerns and to then drop Dier. I think we would have been better playing 4 at the back and having an extra midfielder ie Dier. Disappointing loss, feel frustrated by the performance. It feels like we threw away the good win at Old Trafford by failing to turn up today.

I really like Davies and think he is much under valued but he was as and today as I’ve ever seen him and rose would have been a really good option to try and push Watford back down that side
Davies had a mixed game going forward but was pretty solid defensively whereas Rose was left for dead within about a minute of coming on. I don't remember Davies being done like that all game. Rose is still some way from being the player he was two seasons ago.

That for me is the reason Poch brought him on so late. As if to say, I still need you but you need to keep working hard because you still have some way to go.

Seems weird to express defensive concerns and to then drop Dier. I think we would have been better playing 4 at the back and having an extra midfielder ie Dier. Disappointing loss, feel frustrated by the performance. It feels like we threw away the good win at Old Trafford by failing to turn up today.

I wonder if Poch was worried about their pace against just Verts and Toby, which would be valid.

I’d have preferred a back 4 today, I hope it wasn’t a forced switch because he didn’t dare drop Toby.

Davies is a solid player but I’m not as sold on him as a lot of posters on here. We simply don’t have enough pace if we play Trippier and Davies. Trippier has made himself practically undroppable so he will play most of the games for the foreseeable future. Who knows if Rose can get back to the form be showed two seasons ago but I’d be inclined to give him a run in the side for a few games and see how he gets on.

Last edited:
Back