• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Watford***

And I’d have no problem with him saying the score flattered us. But saying we didn’t deserve to win against a top 6 rival particularly when we did?

Trying to remember the last time a Ferguson, Wenger, Guardiola or Mourinho said something like that.

What were his exact words? Not saying you are wrong, because I do think this is an interesting debate. Rightly or wrongly, this season he has decided he isn’t going to protect the players as much. It’s clear from every press conference he does.

I wonder whether it’s a clever next step on moving our mentality from a top 4 team who gets going at the right time to a title challenger that starts strong and doesn’t relent. Or whether he’s hoping that’s what it is, but is failing because he has gone too far the other way, and isn’t showing love at the right times.

Poch doubling down in his post match comments. Not happy. Not trying to admit he made a mistake in being tough with the players, he’s pushing them on yet further.

Very interesting. For one, I wonder if there is a link between us playing the long balls and maybe the pressure the players felt from Poch. Maybe they weren’t in flow, maybe they weren’t as comfortable. Poch mentions we stopped trying to play our game, but I wonder if the pressure increasing on them had anything to do with it.

Not saying Poch is wrong, because I do think we need to take one more step on our journey in terms of building belief to be a real title challenger. But I wonder if the players are going to respond well to it.

What were his exact words? Not saying you are wrong, because I do think this is an interesting debate. Rightly or wrongly, this season he has decided he isn’t going to protect the players as much. It’s clear from every press conference he does.

I wonder whether it’s a clever next step on moving our meteorology from a top 4 team who gets going at the right time to a title challenger that starts strong and doesn’t relent. Or whether he’s hoping that’s what it is, but is failing because he has gone too far the other way, and isn’t showing love at the right times.

Working from memory it was “This is what can happen when you win a game you didn’t deserve to win.”

He didn’t say it on Monday and he shouldn’t have said it today. At least not in front of a camera.

Poch doubling down in his post match comments. Not happy. Not trying to admit he made a mistake in being tough with the players, he’s pushing them on yet further.

Very interesting. For one, I wonder if there is a link between us playing the long balls and maybe the pressure the players felt from Poch. Maybe they weren’t in flow, maybe they weren’t as comfortable. Poch mentions we stopped trying to play our game, but I wonder if the pressure increasing on them had anything to do with it.

Not saying Poch is wrong, because I do think we need to take one more step on our journey in terms of building belief to be a real title challenger. But I wonder if the players are going to respond well to it.
Sorry but just because Poch said he thought we were poor in first half at OT,which he was right in saying to suggest that has something to do with our performance today is crazy - if true our players are a bunch of melts. I don’t buy it, we have a great record against Watford and for once we played poorly and lost to them - these things happen. Things really do get overly analysed after a defeat when unfortunately in any sport there are just bad days at the office whether you want to accept that or not....

Sorry but just because Poch said he thought we were poor in first half at OT,which he was right in saying to suggest that has something to do with our performance today is crazy - if true our players are a bunch of melts. I don’t buy it, we have a great record against Watford and for once we played poorly and lost to them - these things happen. Things really do get overly analysed after a defeat when unfortunately in any sport there are just bad days at the office whether you want to accept that or not....

I don’t think it has anything to do with the defeat today. He said it post match. It was just poor in my view. Fergie never admitted his team deserved to lose even when they got hockeyed. Poch comes out after we deservedly beat a top 6 rival in their back yard and says we didn’t deserve to win? That’s poor and disrespectful in my book.

And I’d have no problem with him saying the score flattered us. But saying we didn’t deserve to win against a top 6 rival particularly when we did?

Trying to remember the last time a Ferguson, Wenger, Guardiola or Mourinho said something like that.
None of those managers achieved anything other than par with their resources...and whenever their team loses its everyone else’s fault. Honestly not sure if that galvanises players or makes them lose respect for their manager - there are games we lose and Poch says he’s ‘so happy’ so think we are over analyzing it a little.. we were lucky against Saudi Sportswashing Machine imo, would have been fortunate to have drawn today so I think 9 points including getting rid of the top 6 away / Kane August / OT hoodoo is a decent return.

So, so, shoddy. Starting off with a bookie’s logo and the worst chant we have, then some teenage chancer interviewing the madman who spends every waking moment filming the stadium build. Cringeworthy.
Think it’s embarassing. We have a laugh at that lot for their fan tv. Was happy we did not have an equivalent . Then come across this .

None of those managers achieved anything other than par with their resources...and whenever their team loses its everyone else’s fault. Honestly not sure if that galvanises players or makes them lose respect for their manager - there are games we lose and Poch says he’s ‘so happy’ so think we are over analyzing it a little.. we were lucky against Saudi Sportswashing Machine imo, would have been fortunate to have drawn today so I think 9 points including getting rid of the top 6 away / Kane August / OT hoodoo is a decent return.

Ah stop. Fergie achieved par? He saw off a free spending Blackburn, Wengers Arsenal, Mourinho’s Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project to win leagues. Greatest of all time.

Think it’s embarassing. We have a laugh at that lot for their fan tv. Was happy we did not have an equivalent . Then come across this .

I’m sure I read somewhere that Chips Keswick had set Messrs Sue, Grabbitt and Runne on the AFTV lot, claiming IP infringement. Hopefully Levy will move a little faster.

I don’t think it has anything to do with the defeat today. He said it post match. It was just poor in my view. Fergie never admitted his team deserved to lose even when they got hockeyed. Poch comes out after we deservedly beat a top 6 rival in their back yard and says we didn’t deserve to win? That’s poor and disrespectful in my book.
He said we was poor in first half in interviews before today’s game. I won’t comment on what he said after today’s game as I haven’t seen the interview....

The chance to go top for the first time in donkey years with a 2-goal win. Did we ever think it would happen? Not really. Should have been able to see the game out once in front,but we got bullied into defeat.
As soon as they had that shot that hit the post, the crowd really got behind them and 'spurred' them on. Best team won in the end, but could have been a different chance had we taken that chance at 1-0 when Kane was clear and fluffed his pass. We will never ever know.

Worst thing now is 2 weeks to dwell on it, plus back to work on Monday with an storeful of gloating scousers

The chance to go top for the first time in donkey years with a 2-goal win. Did we ever think it would happen? Not really. Should have been able to see the game out once in front,but we got bullied into defeat.
As soon as they had that shot that hit the post, the crowd really got behind them and 'spurred' them on. Best team won in the end, but could have been a different chance had we taken that chance at 1-0 when Kane was clear and fluffed his pass. We will never ever know.

Worst thing now is 2 weeks to dwell on it, plus back to work on Monday with an storeful of gloating scousers

Yep, that’s football ruined for a fortnight now.

Back