• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Stoke City***

I'm still a bit knackered after yesterday. Up at 4am and not home until midnight, but well worth it. My last two games have both been 4-0 wins and Harry hattricks. I'm enjoying being part of the great home run, I was at the Hull and Burnley games as well. An old (now deceased) Uncle was a big Spurs supporter in the early sixties, he used to say that when going to the Lane it wasn't if we were going to win, it was just by how many. It feels a bit like that now. TBH I'm starting to dread Wembley, and as time marches on it feels really sad that the old Lane's time is almost up.

This was a much needed win after the disappointment in Europe. It is always enjoyable to get a comfortable win like this. But despite the 4-0 win, it is a bit disappointing we failed to score any goals in the second half. It was too easy in the first half as we played very well and deserve to be more than 4-0 ahead. Thought we be more ruthless in the second half and could even equal the 9 goals we scored when we beat Wigan 9-1 in 2010. Instead we got complacent and greedy in the second half and didn't look like scoring.

Well done to Kane for his hattrick. He badly needed those goals after his poor performances lately. But he really should have scored more goals. After his hattrick in the first half, really thought he would get at least 2 more goals in the second half to equal the 5 goals Defoe scored during that 9-1 win over Wigan. He did have a few chances in the second half but he was not very clinical. Kane also deserves credit for setting up the goal for Alli. Just like Kane, Alli too badly needed that goal to help him forget the red card against Gent. Too bad Kane and Alli couldn't score more goals in the second half. Also disappointed Janssen was not brought on in the second half to try to get a goal.

Our midfield played very well in the first half but had a quiet game in the second half. Credit to Eriksen for getting the 2 assists for Kane. It was encouraging also to see us taking a different free kick tactics which enabled Kane to score our third goal. It was not really a great free kick as it needed a deflection for Kane to score. But still it was nice to score from a free kick for once ! It seems like Eriksen is no longer confident to score direct from free kicks.

It was nice to see our defence keeping the clean sheet. Thought Stoke were poor and didn't really test our defence. But still it was satisfying to see our defence almost an error-free game. For a change, Dier didn't make any costly error in defence. A bit worrying to see Alderweireld and Vertonghen taken off. Hope both will be fit to play in the next game.

Happy with the win but wish we had been more ruthless in the second half. It would have helped us greatly if we had score more goals. Let's hope this win will give us the confidence to go on a long winning run for the remaining of the season.

Excellent response to going out of Europe. Well played all; i'm especially happy for the players as most of them played a tough game on Thursday with 10 men on that big Wembley pitch; no-one can doubt the graft they put in.

A well-earned week's rest; hopefully we can put Everton to the sword too (they'll be a MUCH TOUGHER nut to crack than Stoke)

COYS

Back