• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Stoke City***

Just shows how important goals from corners and free kicks are! Come to Daddy baby - yeah ! Took us from 1-0 to 3-0 and effectively game over. I am really pleased we seem to be varying our free kick and corner routines - at last. Delighted with the dividends it proved today. My only query - why has it taken sooooo long?

STJZEsoedLfRdnbumNqt.png

Anyone moaning about the win needs a rocket up their arse

4 nil at half time, job done

That's so common for teams to not get goals in the second half

Their keeper had a top game too to keep them in it
I don't think anyone is moaning about the result. We are overjoyed especially as it is against the likes of Charlie Adams.

The point is more subtle, it is about what we often criticise ourselves of lacking, the 'winning mentality'.

I can understand us getting tired or risking pulls and strains, especially after our exertions on Thursday, however, we took our foot off the pedal a bit too much.
We could have been more ruthless, to help send a message that we take no prisoners and we will show you no mercy. That is what I would like to see, a mean streak. Not a malevolent streak we often espouse, about maiming opposition thugs.
At times in the past we have been generous to opponents, e.g. The day Pool were down to 8 men and we started walking around instead of going for the jugular, under Redknapp, and adding to the 4 goals. For me it sent a message to other top teams of softness. That season it almost became a Pyrrhic victory. Today wasn't like that but we could have forced the game more than we chose to do.
Nevertheless, Poch made the right subs, Toby had a groin, I think, Verts should be OK for next week and I was pleased to see, Alli, Dier and particularly Wimmer backed, which will do their confidence no end of good.
Moreover, we have clearly worked on set plays and there was some imagination there.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is moaning about the result. We are overjoyed especially as it is against the likes of Charlie Adams.

The point is more subtle, it is about what we often criticise ourselves of lacking, the 'winning mentality'.

I can understand us getting tired or risking pulls and strains, especially after our exertions on Thursday, however, we took our foot off the pedal a bit too much.
We could have been more ruthless, to help send a message that we take no prisoners and we will show you no mercy. That is what I would like to see, a mean streak. Not a malevolent streak we often espouse, about maiming opposition thugs.
At times in the past we have been generous to opponents, e.g. The day Pool were down to 8 men and we started walking around instead of going for the jugular, under Redknapp, and adding to the 4 goals. For me it sent a message to other top teams of softness. That season it almost became a Pyrrhic victory. Today wasn't like that but we could have forced the game more than we chose to do.
Nevertheless, Poch made the right subs, Toby had a groin, I think, Verts should be OK for next week and I was pleased to see, Alli, Dier and particularly Wimmer backed, which will do their confidence no end of good.
Moreover, we have clearly worked on set plays and there was some imagination there.

Two things
They couldn't get much worse and were better in the second half
We created plenty still and their keeper was excellent with his saves
We didn't step off the gas much at all, just that they weren't as bad and their keeper made some great saves

Just shows how important goals from corners and free kicks are! Come to Daddy baby - yeah ! Took us from 1-0 to 3-0 and effectively game over. I am really pleased we seem to be varying our free kick and corner routines - at last. Delighted with the dividends it proved today. My only query - why has it taken sooooo long?
Because the penny didn't drop until they read your posts on here? :D

Last edited:
Great performance today and puts to bed for at least some days the crap we are having a bad season, one or two performances sandwiched in some very strong performances

Awesome first half. Blew them away. We're getting better at defeating teams that sit back. Difference today and Gent was no equaliser. Crouch was close...but at home we show me calm.

If you want to criticise or worry: it's that if Kane and Alli aren't scoring, we lack goals.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back