• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Stoke City***

My minimum expectation for season: FA Cup and 2nd place finish in the league :D. That is not asking for too much is it?

Great first half. Second have we managed the game. Would have liked more goals but onwards and upwards. Hopefully Toby is ok and it's another win without Rose.

Kane was fantastic not just his goals but his all round play.

Score early against teams that sit back and we are unstoppable. Early goals at home are a must for us

I think it's very sensible to take our foot off the gas when 4-0 up at half-time. Especially as the same players ran their b0ll0cks off on Thursday night.
4-0 at half time, I would be looking to demoralise the opposition and I prefer to put the same effort at the start as at the end unless physically not possible.

A bit old fashioned perhaps in these days of pacing for the season.

Great first half. Second have we managed the game. Would have liked more goals but onwards and upwards. Hopefully Toby is ok and it's another win without Rose.

Kane was fantastic not just his goals but his all round play.

Score early against teams that sit back and we are unstoppable. Early goals at home are a must for us

Something we have struggled with this season

Hardly seen a goal in the park lane it feels like

Well, some on here seemed to be arguing that practicing them wasn't an efficient use of a somehow finite training time. That sort of logic really beats me!

Did it look like we had been practising them then?

Stoke fans seems to think everyone scores against them from set pieces.

Did it look like we had been practising them then?
The last two games in particular our fks and corners have mostly looked both different and planned. Eriksen and Kane clearly attempted to repeat the same fk routine that worked the first time only to find it had already been sussed second time around.

Stoke fans seems to think everyone scores against them from set pieces.

Wonder what their stats against from set-pieces look like?

I apologise for using the term retread. That was a rush of blood and I can appreciate the conveyed insensitivity.

But honestly, we win a game 4-0, at a canter and apparently we didn't show enough of a 'winning mentality.' Looking in your direction @Hemant..

I'm so sick of fans being unable to enjoy success, it's like they refuse to. THAT'S the biggest problem with our clubs mentality in my mind.

So many entitled, pessimistic, arseholes.

Amazing to have a 4-0 win as my last game at the Lane. Fantastic performance in the first half. But having seen Davies up close in two games as a wingback, I must say that he just isn't a wingback. He just doesn't have the offensive mindset to play that position. He was actually a lot more attacking when Toby went off and Davies switched to LCB! Very weird. Having both Rose and Walker steaming down on the flanks makes a whole different team!
Had a great time at The Lane today and it's a bit strange to know that I will never see another game there. Having said that, the new stadium is looking awesome!! It's gonna be magnificent! COYS!!!

Two things
They couldn't get much worse and were better in the second half
We created plenty still and their keeper was excellent with his saves
We didn't step off the gas much at all, just that they weren't as bad and their keeper made some great saves
We stepped off the gas quite dramatically in the second half. Walker had clearly been told to hold back. He only only went forward a few times in the 2nd half, as opposed to the first half when he bombed forward constantly.

I'm probably the only guy thinking this, but I really want to see a couple of nice team goals where we pass it through the opposition.

Superb first half. Job done. Flat second half, definitely eased off but still came close to adding to the tally. I'd have liked one more for purely selfish reasons but can't complain at all about today. Thoroughly professional. Kane has to be MOTM but Eriksen is the man behind it all. Stunning when on form.
But good all round. Can't fault anyone.

Today he was excellent. Agreed.

I don't think anyone is moaning about the result. We are overjoyed especially as it is against the likes of Charlie Adams.

The point is more subtle, it is about what we often criticise ourselves of lacking, the 'winning mentality'.

I can understand us getting tired or risking pulls and strains, especially after our exertions on Thursday, however, we took our foot off the pedal a bit too much.
We could have been more ruthless, to help send a message that we take no prisoners and we will show you no mercy. That is what I would like to see, a mean streak. Not a malevolent streak we often espouse, about maiming opposition thugs.
At times in the past we have been generous to opponents, e.g. The day Pool were down to 8 men and we started walking around instead of going for the jugular, under Redknapp, and adding to the 4 goals. For me it sent a message to other top teams of softness. That season it almost became a Pyrrhic victory. Today wasn't like that but we could have forced the game more than we chose to do.
Nevertheless, Poch made the right subs, Toby had a groin, I think, Verts should be OK for next week and I was pleased to see, Alli, Dier and particularly Wimmer backed, which will do their confidence no end of good.
Moreover, we have clearly worked on set plays and there was some imagination there.

Nah.
Game management.
Most of that team played on Thursday. Both CBs had to go off to make sure strains don't become bigger deals.
But for their keeper we'd have had two more goals.

Would love to see us finish the last season in the old girl unbeaten.

Make no mistake though, Net Sunday will be 10 times tougher than today

Yeh I agree, but its games we need to boss, like Poch said and he was right, its all about how we start in these games

I'm pleased we cruised through the second half and managed to avoid injuries to our offensive players. Stoke may have lost it if we had gone on to score more, ref seemed happy to let them clatter into us.

I apologise for using the term retread. That was a rush of blood and I can appreciate the conveyed insensitivity.

But honestly, we win a game 4-0, at a canter and apparently we didn't show enough of a 'winning mentality.' Looking in your direction @Hemant..

I'm so sick of fans being unable to enjoy success, it's like they refuse to. THAT'S the biggest problem with our clubs mentality in my mind.

So many entitled, pessimistic, arseholes.
Save your holier than thou crap.
First you insult then even then you use words like 'arseholes'. I guess you do not wish to see any other points of view? The more you say, the bigger the hole you dig.
How am I refusing to enjoy success?
I am seeking improvements, at the highest levels, these are usually small margins. Psychologically, 4-0, versus 6-0, can have an effect on our players and others in the league. The bigger win can build what Shankly called ' the bastion of invincibility'.
Do you not think seeking to do better is a virtue?

Hahaha! I noticed that too! :D I thought Davies was allright yesterday. As someone pointed out though, it did seem like a went more forward when Alder went off, for some reason.

Great performance by us all around yesterday. When we went 4-0 up at half time, I was pretty sure that was going to stay the result, and pretty much expected the second half we got (due to our Thursday game). It could've been more hadn't it been for their excellent keeper though. I hoped Janssen would get on earlier for Kane (especially after Kane's knock against the post), but it just doesn't look too promising for him these days. Can't really fault Poch for putting on Son though, who has done more to deserve a place in the team than Janssen (but I still feel for Janss).

Eriksen was just brilliant, as well as Kane. When those guys are on fire at the same time, we're not a fun team to come up against. The 1-0 and 2-0 goals by Kane, wow, fantastic finishes. Really well taken. The commentator had just commented on how we've only scored a single goal from outside the box this season, two seconds later, Kane volleys it into the corner.

I kicked Kane (as a captain) out of my fantasy team before our match against Fulham, so you all know who to thank for his recent form. :D :p

Back